Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

According to the Boston Herald, the Patriots have like 15 million in cap space http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/03/patriots_have_nearly_15_million_in_cap_space_plus_options_to

To all those worried that Revis might go to the Patriots, I don't think the Patriots have any serious interest in signing him, just as they resigned themselves to thinking they lost Talib, and did. If the Patriots signed Revis, that would pretty much be their only major signing, and by doing so they risk only really having enough money for signing their draft picks, Revis, and some minor filler players if that. I'm just worried about the Patriots raising Revis' price for us just to screw with our cap situation while having no intention of signing him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be perfection.  Just let Vick get signed by Buffalo and I sign off on this offseason regardless of who we draft.

Vick is going to sign with the Raiders. Book it. He's not coming here. 

When we get our RT and WR in this FA period, as long as Revis doesn't go to the friggin Pats I'll be fine. 

The sproles situation would be gravy all over my Decker biscuits

According to the Boston Herald, the Patriots have like 15 million in cap space http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/03/patriots_have_nearly_15_million_in_cap_space_plus_options_to

To all those worried that Revis might go to the Patriots, I don't think the Patriots have any serious interest in signing him, just as they resigned themselves to thinking they lost Talib, and did. If the Patriots signed Revis, that would pretty much be their only major signing, and by doing so they risk only really having enough money for signing their draft picks, Revis, and some minor filler players if that. I'm just worried about the Patriots raising Revis' price for us just to screw with our cap situation while having no intention of signing him.

True. They could restructure Wilfork and cut a few guys to make some more space, but then that would live them with little room to sign their draft class or anyone to replace Edelman.  Unless Revis takes less money, which history says he won't, I highly doubt he goes to the Pats.  Even then, besides relative health, I don't see his play being that significantly better than Talibs in order to think it would push them over the top.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 4m

The Seahawks have released DE Chris Clemons, per source.

With the exception of last year in a reduced role, Clemons has had over 11 sacks in each of the previous three years.  He would be a Pace-like stop gap as he's already 32, but he could be serviceable if other options disappear. 

The joke is that there are two Chris Clemons' on the market.  One a safety (released by Miami), the other a DE (released by Seattle).

Yes lol, i know the joke....when i read it the first time i read it as "chris clemons is our No.2 on our list of available FA....skimmed it to quick...my badd

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 52s

Most cap room in the NFL as of midnight: 1) Oakland $59.9M, 2) Cleveland $49.0M, 3) Jacksonville $48.1M, 4) Miami $35.7M, 5) Jets $34.2M.

The Jets are actually just under $38 mil. The Brown after placing that tag on Mack has $40 mil. They also went out and made other splashes in Hitner and Dansby. Oakland sign two tackles so after the Sanchez cut we will have the most cap but to bad that there isn't any trophy having the most.

Yeah, other than Jets fans being all Jets fansy about this, I see no reason to believe Revis ends up as a Pat.  There has been absolutely no evidence to suggest the Pats are in any way willing to spend the kind of money Revis would demand as a FA.  And sure as hell not trade for his current ridiculous contract.  Look at how many times they have let their own homegrown talent walk out the door because they weren't willing to pay them properly.  Outside of Brady, the Pats simply don't hand out those kind of deals.

Archived