Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing.  I have a feeling that he's going to leave without signing.

****, I hope not

If that happens we're *really* in trouble. Tate could be signed by Detroit today. So we would be left with the scraps at WR just like we are with some of these other positions.

****, I hope not

If that happens we're *really* in trouble. Tate could be signed by Detroit today. So we would be left with the scraps at WR just like we are with some of these other positions.

So then you draft, you lock up Wilkerson, and you come back in 2015. You can carry money forward.

However I doubt the Jets aren't going to make a move.

****, I hope not

There's always Hakeem Nicks, Emmanuel Sanders, and James Jones.  If we lose out on Decker, all three of them would still be an upgrade at the WR position.

So then you draft, you lock up Wilkerson, and you come back in 2015. You can carry money forward.

However I doubt the Jets aren't going to make a move.

Sigh. I've already brought up the topic of extending Mo Wilk many times. Others had to correct me on this. Suffice it to say that it (apparently) doesn't make any sense to extend him this season.

There's always Hakeem Nicks, Emmanuel Sanders, and James Jones.  If we lose out on Decker, all three of them would still be an upgrade at the WR position.

I guess it makes sense if our strategy here is, "wait to see who other teams don't want and then sign them."

Plus, I don't think Nicks fits us at all. He's coming off a down year, so he's going to want a 1 year "prove it" deal. Why would he want to showcase his talent with Geno throwing to him? I don't see it.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin
OL Geoff Schwartz has signed his four year deal w/ the #Giants. Worth $16.8 w/ $6.2M guaranteed, his agent @DerykGilmore told @YahooSports.

I must not know what "overpaying" looks like, because that sure as hell doesn't look like "overpaying" to me.

We already know Idzik has been low balling FA's so far ( or we've heard) Why would Decker need to visit if the contract talks weren't in the appropriate ball park? The Broncos just spent the whole week before the Super Bowl at Atlantic Health training center. 

There is more to this than just a visit. 

If they sign Decker for #2 money, whatever that is in this market, it's all good.   Think the Jets fanned on the first day of FA.  Didn't come up with a top tier OT, or CB, seems to be bugs with the Vick signing.

I'm not a believer in signing players the first day, nearly always over pay.   Just concerned they might throw #1 money at a #2 player.

IMO they have till Saturday till I get get concerned about the direction they are going in

There has to be some big move in place for Idzik here...he starting to give me anxiety.

I will lay odds that are not going to take it all next year.

We still have options if we don't spend money on free agents.

Trading a 3rd round pick for DeSean Jackson, for example. 

I don't know what the Steve Smith deal is in Carolina.  For a team looking to take the next step,  who will Cam throw to?   Maybe Smith is more injured then we know?  Who knows.  He'd be an interesting pick up for the right price.   Mile Austin is another interesting pick up on the cheap.  He's more or less a #3 guy at this point, but if he's cheap enough he's better than what the Jets have plus gives any rookie time to learn and adapt instead of being thrown to the wolves.

As far as Decker, I find him to be overrated and if he demands 8-10 million per year,  he just isn't worth close to that.

If they sign Decker for #2 money, whatever that is in this market, it's all good.   Think the Jets fanned on the first day of FA.  Didn't come up with a top tier OT, or CB, seems to be bugs with the Vick signing.

I'm not a believer in signing players the first day, nearly always over pay.   Just concerned they might throw #1 money at a #2 player.

IMO they have till Saturday till I get get concerned about the direction they are going in

well I got news for you. some of the players that the jets showed interest in or at the very least should have shown interest in, signed very reasonable deals. over paying is one thing, not paying is another

Jets officially releasing Revis, per Schefter

Most rumors have him going to the Patriots.     the only reports around the Jets interest is from Rex(a given) and the media, but there haven't been any official reports on Idzik actually wanting him.  And we know Woody doesn't want to deal with Revis.

Archived