Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most rumors have him going to the Patriots.     the only reports around the Jets interest is from Rex(a given) and the media, but there haven't been any official reports on Idzik actually wanting him.  And we know Woody doesn't want to deal with Revis.

Why wouldnt he? He is the best player at his position and it isnt like Woody has a hurt ego, Woody showed he meant business and sent his ass packing. It is honestly up to Revis if he wants to return.

Most rumors have him going to the Patriots.     the only reports around the Jets interest is from Rex(a given) and the media, but there haven't been any official reports on Idzik actually wanting him.  And we know Woody doesn't want to deal with Revis.

not sure of there being reports of Idzik wanting anyone but maybe decker lol

Why wouldnt he? He is the best player at his position and it isnt like Woody has a hurt ego, Woody showed he meant business and sent his ass packing. It is honestly up to Revis if he wants to return.

The world doesn't work that way.  Revis wasn't happy,  Woody was pissed.    Nothing was ever just patched up.   Idzik has no issue I'm sure as he really had nothing to do with Revis except to trade him and get something for him. 

But the jets traded Revis because they didnt' want to pay him what he wanted.    Nothings changed.    Revis isnt going to accept a huge pay cut to play for the Jets and the Jets and Woody aren't going to offer him 14-16 million per year.  It's just a fantasy by most fans to think the real world isn't a part of the conversation.

This has to happen the Jets need a CB and he's the best available.

10mins left and no trading my boy revis anywhere....i can accept it easier him picking another team over us and losing out on him that way opposed to him just being shipped somewhere

The world doesn't work that way.  Revis wasn't happy,  Woody was pissed.    Nothing was ever just patched up.   Idzik has no issue I'm sure as he really had nothing to do with Revis except to trade him and get something for him. 

But the jets traded Revis because they didnt' want to pay him what he wanted.    Nothings changed.    Revis isnt going to accept a huge pay cut to play for the Jets and the Jets and Woody aren't going to offer him 14-16 million per year.  It's just a fantasy by most fans to think the real world isn't a part of the conversation.

ahhh times have changed...playing at Tampa could have really humbled him

Nobody is gonna offer him 14-16, he is getting 12/13 MAX, it'll get done

For everyone that says we should only underpay for players, who are we going to underpay? Who is desperate to be underpaid? Who wants to get underpaid on a team that is not immediately a Superbowl contender? If you're gonna get underpaid, why not get underpaid by the Broncos, Saints, Patriots, etc.?

For everyone that says we should only underpay for players, who are we going to underpay? Who is desperate to be underpaid? Who wants to get underpaid on a team that is not immediately a Superbowl contender? If you're gonna get underpaid, why not get underpaid by the Broncos, Saints, Patriots, etc.?

It's a process.

It's a process.

It's only a process for scrubs or guys on their last legs.   Any good player can get close to what they are asking or they wind up on teams that are legit super bowl contenders.   

I don't get how people think sometimes.   It's the same in any profession.  If I'm good at what I do, I'm not going to jump to some avg to below avg organization and take a pay cut.  WHy would I?    If nobody wants me, then that's a different story.  But at that point, you probably aren't really that good.  Same goes for the NFL.     If you have options, you aren't going to pick the team who low balls you.

Revis refused to restructure at all in any trade. **** him and his ego. I hope he gets knocked out of the league. Douchebags like that have no place in the NFL.

Because he didn't want to take a pay cut to play for the Browns or Raiders? He wanted a choice in where he went, that's not being selfish, that's being smart.

Because he didn't want to take a pay cut to play for the Browns or Raiders? He wanted a choice in where he went, that's not being selfish, that's being smart.

The report I heard said that he told his agent to refuse ANY team that wanted to restructure his contract.

Archived