Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz · 1m

The Jets did talk to Revis' camp today. Conversation initiated by the Revis side, trying to see if there is any interest from #nyj

That's a start!!

LOL, how many guys does Idzik actually reach out to himself? Why did it take Revis to initiate this? What's Idzik doing, spending the whole day singing in the rain with Eric Decker on his way out the door?

LOL, how many guys does Idzik actually reach out to himself? Why did it take Revis to initiate this? What's Idzik doing, spending the whole day singing in the rain with Eric Decker on his way out the door?

Idzik has been half asleep. Mixed up his NyQuil for his DayQuil.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 34m
Oh man do I wish I could tell you what what was going on right now #nyj

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 28m
While I'm an ******* & can't tell you what is do damn funny now, I promise I'll tell you in due time

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 27m
Also, it's nothing official or certain but it's certainly much more good news than bad

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 11m
I'm really sorry guys, I shouldn't have been a dick, but I couldn't help myself. Let's just say there was a sighting, I'll expound shortly

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 17s
I'll give you guys this much, Decker is still in town & meeting with Idzik. Guess is he's staying the night

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... OOoooookkkkkkkkk.....

Damn.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/10597820/darrelle-revis-agrees-new-england-patriots

Darrelle Revis agrees with Patriots
Updated: March 12, 2014, 8:33 PM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Cornerback Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, according to league sources.

Revis still needs to pass his physical and sign his contract. Once he does, it will continues Revis' reign as the NFL's highest paid cornerback and gives the Patriots the player they needed to replace cornerback Aqib Talib, who unexpectedly bolted for the Denver Broncoslate Tuesday night.

Once Tampa Bay released Revis, New England immediately stepped up its pursuit.

The two sides quickly were able to come together to reach the one-year agreement that once again will give the cornerback the chance to hit the free-agent market after the 2014 season and become one of the biggest stories of next March.

The Buccaneers parted ways with Revis earlier Wednesday, releasing the five-time Pro Bowl cornerback after being unable to trade him and his $16 million salary. The move saved the Bucs a $1.5 million bonus that Revis would have been due if he remained on the roster.

Revis was obtained in a pre-draft trade from the New York Jets last spring, a deal that cost the Bucs a first-round pick in 2013 and a fourth-rounder this year. If Revis had remained on Tampa Bay's roster at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday, he would have been due the bonus, and the 2014 pick the Bucs sent to the Jets would have become a third-rounder.

The Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders had talked to Tampa Bay about a possible trade for Revis, sources told ESPN, confirming multiple reports.

Revis was recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee when he joined the Bucs and was given a six-year, $96 million contract. Despite not being 100 percent physically, he appeared in all 16 games and was selected to play in the Pro Bowl, where he had two interceptions, a sack and two forced fumbles. Revis had 50 tackles, two interceptions and 11 passes defended in his one season with Tampa Bay.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 34m

Oh man do I wish I could tell you what what was going on right now #nyj

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 28m

While I'm an ******* & can't tell you what is do damn funny now, I promise I'll tell you in due time

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 27m

Also, it's nothing official or certain but it's certainly much more good news than bad

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 11m

I'm really sorry guys, I shouldn't have been a dick, but I couldn't help myself. Let's just say there was a sighting, I'll expound shortly

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley 17s

I'll give you guys this much, Decker is still in town & meeting with Idzik. Guess is he's staying the night

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... OOoooookkkkkkkkk.....

Dude sounds like a total wanker. 

I seriously think there is some evil force out there that seeks to find the most ridiculously painful experiences a Jets fan can have, then makes us believe otherwise and then SMASHES it in our F*CKIN faces!!!

Revis could have gone to 30 other teams and I would have been ok with it.  This is complete horse sh*t!! and I am pissed off.  I've been staying positive for the past two friggin days but this just plain sucks.

Douzble?  THIS is what we do today?   Giacomini?   Horse sh*t!!!!

BAHAHAH you can't make this up.  Looks like Oakland severely underpaid for Howard, their new starting left tackle.

Rams agreed to terms with G/T Rodger Saffold on a five-year contract.
Simply beyond belief. After having his five-year, $42.5 million ($15.75 million guaranteed) agreement with the Raiders torn up over concerns with his shoulder, Saffold returns to the team that took him in the second round of the 2010 draft. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Rams have "no concerns whatsoever" with Saffold's shoulder. Signed to man the blindside in Oakland, Saffold will likely play guard in St. Louis, though he could start the year at left tackle if Jake Long (ACL) isn't ready. The Rams' line was looking worrisomely thin before Saffold fell back into their laps. Oakland is back to Square 1 in a tackle market that's already been picked over.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/56714/lions-on-brandon-pettigrews-drops

Lions: On Brandon Pettigrew's drops
May, 23, 2013

I liked what I heard -- er, read -- from Detroit Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew this week. As Tim Twentyman of the Lions' website writes, Pettigrew has pledged to rectify the series of negative plays he made last season.

"I can't put what I did [last year] on anyone else," he said. "I take it upon myself to fix the drops or missed blocks, the plays that weren't made, the fumbles. That's on me and I take it upon myself. It's my problem to fix."

Pettigrew fumbled four times in 2012, losing two of them, and dropped eight passes, according to ESPN Stats & Information. When converted to a percentage via targets, the chart shows that Pettigrew had the third-worst drop percentage among NFL tight ends. In fact, his rate of 8.2 percent was the 10th-worst among all pass-catchers in 2012.

Pettigrew had only fumbled once in his previous three seasons, but I think it's important to remember that drops have been a career-long issue. Drop totals can be subjective, but ESPN Stats & Information had him with six in 118 targets in 2011 and nine drops in 104 targets in 2010.

Overall, Pettigrew's 23 drops over the past three seasons are the third-highest total among NFL pass-catchers over that period. The only players with more are receivers Wes Welker (26) and Brandon Marshall (24). Together, they have been targeted on 300 more passes than Pettigrew.

Meanwhile, his drop percentage over the past three years is 7.2 percent, the fourth-highest in the league.

We all know Pettigrew is a strong blocker, and when he is able to secure the ball, good things usually happen. But drops have without question held him back from being an elite tight end, and it's good to know he realizes it and is doing his best to address the problem.

No thanks.

Even if Pettigrew has had drop issues, he is still an improvement over whoever is behind Cumberland and I don't even know who that is. If we sign him, we need to seriously try and trade up for Mike Evans, and sign MJD

Evans, Decker, Kerley, Nelson

Cumberland, Pettitgrew

MJD, Ivory, and Powell

^ This is a vastly improved offense from a year ago.

All things being equal, I would prefer MJD to Sproles, mainly for the fact that his blitz pickup is significantly better. Powell certainly holds his own when he's back there, but I think despite his age and tear, MJD is a tad more dynamic than Powell.  Would like to see what Goodson offers, but after that injury he's not someone you can really count on. 

Pettigrew has the pedigree of a frmer top 20 pick, some decent production and is a good compliment to Cumberland.  That still shouldn't stop the Jets from drafting someone to develop like Fiedorowicz, Gillmore or Niklas.  Sudfeld is still in the mix too and the Jets seem to be fairly high on his potential.

Archived