Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

Why are people so down on MJD? He had one off year with a terrible offense surrounding him.

Don't worry, as soon as they sign MJD, these freaking hypocrites will be creaming on their keyboard telling everyone how great he is and how they wanted him all along.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For ****s sake Idzik ITS 3:42!!!

Maybe they are spending the Jets salary cap money.

The Jets have a lot of money and so far spent next to nothing.   Revis-Ware-Nicks  can you feel it.

Doesn't mean MJD will. I mean, imagine him with our OL, a decent blocking FB, and Pettigrew...

The line with a regressing left tackle and center, two holes at guard, and a new right tackle coming off an injury?  Our offensive line is something that needs to be addressed as well.

The line with a regressing left tackle and center, two holes at guard, and a new right tackle coming off an injury?  Our offensive line is something that needs to be addressed as well.

Doesn't mean he won't.  Imagine Larry Johnson! 

Well, if we're so worried about players regressing, I guess we should never sign any FA ever.

Don't get me wrong, we DEFINITELY have needs on our OL...but JAX? One of the worst in the NFL.

Well, if we're so worried about players regressing, I guess we should never sign any FA ever.

Don't get me wrong, we DEFINITELY have needs on our OL...but JAX? One of the worst in the NFL.

All players are not 29 year old RBs with more than 2,000 touches under their belts. I'm okay with the guy, but he is not a guy we want to pay long term. 

They are talking about below $4M for 2.  Eh.  Nothing to get excited about.  BTW Petigrew is apparently about to sign

Raiders signed DE Justin Tuck to a two-year, $11 million contract.

Tuck gave the Giants a chance to match the offer and they declined. It shows how far his stock has dropped. The league saw through his late-season contract-year push, as he compiled 9.5 sacks during the final six games of last season after recording a total of 10.5 sacks in the prior 37 games. He'll turn 31 years old later this month and was clearly (and wisely) seeking to max out his earning potential. Tuck knows the Raiders have no shot to compete for rings anytime soon.
  • Thumb Down 1

NFLonFOXFOX Sports: NFL
JUST IN: Chargers announce the team has agreed to terms on a 2-year deal with former Rams QB Kellen Clemens.
1 minute ago

With the proliferation of spread option QB's coming out of college, even the worst QB's in the league are going to have long, lucrative back-up careers -- McCown, Clemens Whitehurst and the ilk.

Sanders ditches Jets. Goes from KC to visit SF per Manish. Supposed to have come today

Probably got some lowball offer from Idzik and Sanders hung up the phone on him saying, this dude is delusional....

Edited by MatthewPLP

Titans cut Fitzpatrick; we should make a big run at him, he is exactly the QB we need to be of some benefit to Geno. Fitzpatrick if anything would be a capable back up and have some of his football iq rub off on Geno. Stop with Vick, go after Fitz

Edited by Jettington

Titans cut Fitzpatrick; we should make a big run at him, he is exactly the QB we need to be of some benefit to Geno. Fitzpatrick if anything would be a capable back up and have some of his football iq rub off on Geno. Stop with Vick, go after Fitz

A big run?  Like "go hard" after him?  The guy was only making $2.75M.  They would have to give him less.  The Titans preferred Charlie Whitehurst at way more money for crying out loud. 

@PatKirwanCBS: When free agency started there was close to 640 million in cap space..100 signings later there is still close to 530 million around the NFL

And now there's hardly anyone to spend it on. All these tean still have a lot of money left, even after signing FA's The Jets are one of the top teams with money left.

Idzik.... Please sign DMC!

Ravens agreed to terms with WR Steve Smith, formerly of the Panthers, on a three-year, $11 million contract.

The deal reportedly includes a $3.5 million signing bonus. Smith didn't want to venture far from his Charlotte base, and the Ravens didn't want to let him leave without a contract. Going on 35, Smith has lost multiple steps the past two seasons, but is still an extremely sure pair of hands, and capable of making plays against tight coverage. He's the kind of chain mover the Ravens sorely lacked after trading away Anquan Boldin. Smith may only catch 50-60 passes in 2014, but along with a healthy Dennis Pitta, will take pressure off of Joe Flacco. Smith's fantasy value is on the wane, but he'll be in the WR3/4 conversation.
  • Thumb Down 1

Fitz choked the minute he got that big contract w/the Bills.  He'd ever handle playing in this part of the NY spotlight.

Unless we sign a guy who can beat out Geno and man the position for 2-3 years I'd rather draft a QB and restructure Sanchez.

I dunno......One big year (last) and not much else for his career. 32 years old as well.

Skins were in a coma the first 48 hrs of FA.

The Skins made some moves.  They resigned a couple of their own guys - Hall and Moss.  Signed Andre Roberts and the guard from Cleveland and I think they signed a couple of ST/borderline starter LBs.