Official NFL Free Agency Transactions Thread

JoeC36

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wtf??? Fitzpatrick must be negotiating for himself, utilizing that Harvard degree.

I get that many individually think everything is sunshine and lollipops, but NFL players really are ****ed. A quality backup QB, as QBs go, for a contract that is basically 1/4 draws annoyance and cries of overpay. The NFL is just scary. 

I get that many individually think everything is sunshine and lollipops, but NFL players really are ****ed. A quality backup QB, as QBs go, for a contract that is basically 1/4 draws annoyance and cries of overpay. The NFL is just scary.

what?

1/4 isn't a bad deal for anyone for a decent backup QB. As QBs go in this league, Fitzpatrick passes as that.

The NFL makes *alot* of money. Stop following the sport if you feel the players are overpaid.

thinking a guy is overpaid doesn't mean I need to stop following the sport. He gets millions to watch someone else throw the rock. Get over yourself.

Bears agreed to terms with DE Jared Allen on a four-year, $32 contract.

Aging pass rushers are playing a game of musical chairs in the NFC North. The Bears dumped Julius Peppers, who proceeded to sign with the Packers. Now the Bears scoop up Allen from the Vikings as they continue to remake their defensive line. There's wisely only two years and $15.5 million of fully guaranteed money in this deal as Allen turns 32 next week and has shown rapidly declining quickness/stamina. Still, the Bears can now offer a solid rotation with Lamarr Houston, Willie Young and Israel Idonije off the edge. Allen had enough juice to net 11.5 sacks a year ago.

CSN Bay Area reports the Raiders are "very close" to a deal with free agent Maurice Jones-Drew.
Per reporter Scott Bair, "all signs" are pointing toward the sides hammering out a deal. That was the expectation after MJD arrived in Oakland Thursday afternoon. If you ignore the fact that a 29-year-old running back is one of the last things a rebuilding team needs, MJD fills the Raiders' need for a competent bookend to fragile No. 1 Darren McFadden. Jones-Drew is on the downslope, but didn't embarrass himself in 2013. He did, however, average a career-worst 3.4 yards per carry. Related: Raiders Source: Scott Bair on Twitter Mar 27 - 

He hasn't signed yet, but I figured we'd give Stoic a head start on complaining about losing out on yet another free agent.

I keep hearing that Jet fans should not be worried that we have not signed anyone because Izdik builds through the draft, not free agency.

Although, obviously Izdik does not believe this to be true as he keeps trying to sign players.  He just keeps losing them. 

I do not know if I should be more worried that Izdik cannot sign anyone, or that we have so many holes that the draft will not filll them all.

Take it from me....the only thing worrying does is make you more worried.

Archived