Jets all over Vick

F.Chowds

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone has to be able to sleep at night--you should probably boycott all companies that hire felons, as well.

Most airlines, rental car companies, wireless providers, cable providers, hotels, mobile device manufacturers (including Apple), television makers are on the list. so the good news is you won't be able to get to a jets game or watch it anyway!

Where possible, I make an effort to avoid buying products made and/or sold by unethical companies. Unfortunately, need sometimes trumps ideals. 

In the case of the Jets, being a fan has nothing to do with need - making it different than what you are implying. I choose to be a Jets fan. I choose to invest my heart and soul into them. It is more the equivalent of being disappointed in the one you love, than it is the equivalent of buying toothpaste. 

I highly encourage everyone on this  board to post on the Jets website:   http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/contact-us.html

If we send enough messages they WILL take notice.  

Dear NY Jets (specifically Mr Johnson and Mr. Idzik),

I've been a loyal Jet fan for my entire life.   When my son was born his first outfit was a Jets onesy.   I've stuck with this team through 3 decades of disappointment.   I've stood by the Jets for coach after failed coach - from Walton to Coslet to Kotite.    I've stood by the Jets as lost season turned into lost decades.    

I will always stand by the Jets; however, if the Jets sign the miserable scumbag Michael Vick I will no longer support this franchise.   Losing I can take, inhumane dog killing, herpes spreading thugs I cannot.   

Sincerely,

I believe Idzik is sitting there waiting for our messages to pop up n read em before diving in to the FA.

I get that what he did was deplorable but this over the top outrage always puzzles me.

People hated Tebow this much and he never even committed a crime. Sure, you'll say, "but Tebow can't play." Yeah, maybe Vick can. For a while. But not too long. A mobile QB entering his mid 30's is never a good bet, especially when he's already had his share of injuries. After the last few years, I'm sick of all the drama. Just bring in a guy like McCown that the media won't be all over.

Where possible, I make an effort to avoid buying products made and/or sold by unethical companies. Unfortunately, need sometimes trumps ideals. 

In the case of the Jets, being a fan has nothing to do with need - making it different than what you are implying. I choose to be a Jets fan. I choose to invest my heart and soul into them. It is more the equivalent of being disappointed in the one you love, than it is the equivalent of buying toothpaste. 

nah you don't need a TV. you just REALLY REALLY want one ;)

I just don't think he's that good anymore. How about them apples?

Therein lies the rub.

Like I said, I'm tired of being embarrassed. Rewarding Vick with a contract is pathetic, because he sucks. That's embarrassing. It's salt in the wounds that he's a sh*t bag. That's shamefully embarrassing.

I get that what he did was deplorable but this over the top outrage always puzzles me.

If we signed Dontae Stallworth no one would say anything..  and he ran over a human being while driving drunk and got no jail time.

Vick was the product of his environment and made stupid mistakes.  He paid dearly for those mistakes.  He's seemingly rehabilitated himself into a model citizen.

Sign him.

Wasn't Braylon with him? Didn't Braylon go out and drive drunk while on the team?

I believe Idzik is sitting there waiting for our messages to pop up n read em before diving in to the FA.

I guarantee that if a website which may get 1-2 messages / day gets over 1,000 unique messages it would work it's way up to Glat in a matter of minutes.      Look at the SodaStream controversy with scarlett johansen.    

Therein lies the rub.

Like I said, I'm tired of being embarrassed. Rewarding Vick with a contract is pathetic, because he sucks. That's embarrassing. It's salt in the wounds that he's a sh*t bag. That's shamefully embarrassing.

The NFL Trans thread says he has no interest in backing up Geno anyway.

Jets really want Geno to step up as the franchise QB and Vick likely wants to start wherever he goes.  I don't think we are his landing spot.  Oh,by the way, dog does not taste like chicken.

Something along these lines of the underlined was recently reported on NFLN. The door isn't closed, but Vick wants to start as opposed to competing with/pushing a young guy.

As evidenced by this thread, Vick would be as polarizing as Tebow... and probably just as horrible on the field.

Agreed on the polarizing part.  But no way he would be as bad as Tebow was on the field.

I guarantee that if a website which may get 1-2 messages / day gets over 1,000 unique messages it would work it's way up to Glat in a matter of minutes.      Look at the SodaStream controversy with scarlett johansen.    

Hi, Jets? Yeah look, we're 33 years as season ticket holders. Yes, despite everything up to this point, our friends and I kept renewing. Yeah, even when we didn't hit the magical lottery back in 1999 when the Jets were in the AFC CG. Yes, even through the Kotite years. Look neither of us have the time to play this game. The point, is that you guys might sign Mike Vick. The Internet told me that if you do this, I have to cancel our 8 pack as season ticket holders. Please make your decision accordingly. Thanks, us.

hey everyone has to be able to sleep at night--you should probably boycott all companies that hire felons, as well.

Most airlines, rental car companies, wireless providers, cable providers, hotels, mobile device manufacturers (including Apple), television makers are on the list. so the good news is you won't be able to get to a jets game or watch it anyway!

Vick isn't an average felon, serial animal abuse probably comes right after serial murder and child abuse on the turd scale.

Vick isn't an average felon, serial animal abuse probably comes right after serial murder and child abuse on the turd scale.

I mean you really VIck is predisposed to hurting dogs? I guess we'd have to have a shrink determine that....but I lean towards him being more of an idiot than anything else. 

tybeem.jpg

^^^ More important to me than the Jets.

Like I said. I never claimed I'd stop being a Jet fan. I just won't be rooting for us to win... another season of cheering on a debacle. I'm used to it.

Mrs Crusher, Tupac and Rose hate Michael Vick but love the Jets.  Just like me. 

51ab9e7b-bc6a-41a0-b060-5b31ad7c17e7_zps

And to be clear, even if you blindly forgive everything he's done off the field, let's not forget that he's still been an absolutely awful ******* passer throughout 10 of his 11 NFL seasons.

This. It's perfectly acceptable to not want him on this team because he sucks AND his past.

I don't wish bad upon him. I hope all the stuff he has done has been a genuine change and not just a show for the media and activists. I don't think I believe it's genuine, but I hope so and I'd be willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. That said, I don't have to forget...and I don't.

Archived