Jets all over Vick

F.Chowds

Except for the fact that I never did that.

I voiced my own displeasure. I never told others how to think or react or what to do. I said what I would do, and all I've really done is clarify what I said, as people are throwing generalized arguments at me and putting words in my mouth.

I plan to root for the Jets to fail with Vick, if he signs. I never said I was abandoning them, other people said that.

I'm not here to debate it. My mind won't be changed, and I'm not in the business or interest of changing other people's minds.

yeah, rooting against is better than abandoning

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vick is a crappy QB who also happens to be a scumbag. I can't say I'll be done with the Jets if they sign him, but I can say I'll be the biggest Geno Smith fan on the planet if it happens. It'll be much more palatable if it's just quick shots of him on the sidelines rather than having to watch him play. I will root for him to get hurt in the preseason, because I'm not exactly a perfect human being, either.

lol

Exactly.

Only thing I look at differently is that I can wait another year for a SB, if it guarantees Vick doesn't supplant Namath as the hero of this franchise.

I'd like to say I simply won't be spending anymore money on the franchise until he's off the roster, but I know that's not true. I can't pass up the Jets at Lambeau.

yeah, rooting against is better than abandoning

Didn't you just try to chastise me of judging others? When in fact I hadn't done so at all?

Hypocrite.

Anyway, I rooted for us to lose games this whole season. I wanted a higher draft pick. At least I'm willing to admit it.

I'd like to say I simply won't be spending anymore money on the franchise until he's off the roster, but I know that's not true. I can't pass up the Jets at Lambeau.

I don't blame you.

Hell, I made a big ass road trip just to see Favre as a Jet. What a joke. LOL

Welp, got a new computer and couldn't remember my password so I have been lurking for the past couple of months.  This topic I must chime in on.

First, I am a dog lover.  My family has only owned dogs, no cats, and I think what Vick did is absolutely disgusting and illegal.  That being said, there are many cultures that support this type of "sport" sort of like cockfighting *tomshane drools*.  Do you feel for greyhounds that race or the animals that perform at circuses?  How about the animals that were tested on to make sure that deodorant you are wearing wont peel the skin off you pits like it did to that animal?  Personally, I am surprised that so many of you can root for bullies, wife beaters, dead beat dads and straight up murderers but not someone involved in animal abuse. 

Like Max said, the dood has paid a HUGE price for his choice.  10s of millions of dollars in salary and endorsements.  I for one am for second chances.  He has paid his debt and from everything I have heard he has been a consummate professional since his return.  All of us are less than perfect, lets not throw stones.  If he can help the team, I will absolutely support and root for him. 

GO JETS!!!!

Where is the outrage over the bait and shoot tactics used to curb the deer population?  Or the fact that for years (not sure if they still do) they used to line up cows single file, and make them put their heads through a hole in a wall where someone would slit their throats?  Or hanging baby lambs upside down and jabbing their necks with metal spikes and letting them bleed out?

Does no one care because they taste good or is it because those animals have no personalities?

Where's the picket line outside of Red Lobster?  Throwing one of them into a boiling pot of water is probably not an ideal way for a lobster to go out.

Where is the outrage over the bait and shoot tactics used to curb the deer population?  Or the fact that for years (not sure if they still do) they used to line up cows single file, and make them put their heads through a hole in a wall where someone would slit their throats?  Or hanging baby lambs upside down and jabbing their necks with metal spikes and letting them bleed out?

Does no one care because they taste good or is it because those animals have no personalities?

Where's the picket line outside of Red Lobster?  Throwing one of them into a boiling pot of water is probably not an ideal way for a lobster to go out.

I'm pretty sure there's got to be an organization or two out there that represent these causes... UNICEF I think they are called? 

I hunt quail, Jeremy. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grub worm population.

Why would anyone want Vick on the team if he is going to create a divide with the fans, as this thread proves and  probably more media attention about it.  I thought the Jets were going to try hard not to look like a "circus" anymore

There is a reason why alot of teams said they would not sign Vick when he first got out of jail:

because those teams have class, let's hope Izdik has class

I hunt quail, Jeremy. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grub worm population.

Seriously though why is it ok for atrocities to be committed on certain animals but not the "cute" ones?

Its okay to eat fish because they don't have any feeeeeeelings....  I am okay with the Jets signing Vick if he can help our team.  He paid his dues and seems like he is trying to make things right with his past, imo.

Its okay to eat fish because they don't have any feeeeeeelings....  I am okay with the Jets signing Vick if he can help our team.  He paid his dues and seems like he is trying to make things right with his past, imo.

Yeah I mean what he did was awful and I personally can't kill anything but that doesn't mean I'm blind to how that steak I'm eating got on my plate.

Vick is a crappy QB who also happens to be a scumbag. I can't say I'll be done with the Jets if they sign him, but I can say I'll be the biggest Geno Smith fan on the planet if it happens. It'll be much more palatable if it's just quick shots of him on the sidelines rather than having to watch him play. I will root for him to get hurt in the preseason, because I'm not exactly a perfect human being, either.

I am in 100% agreement with slats. 

Vick's landing spots are drying up, especially with both the Vikings and Jags resigning Cassell and Henne, respectively.  We're the logical landing spot for him, but I highly doubt it'll be at anything better than a minimum deal.  I still would have to imagine that the FO would be pulling for Geno to win the job, just like everyone else.  Best case scenario is that Geno outperforms everyone in camp, wins the job and we get Vick as a backup for a year or so.  We've all wanted someone to come in and push Geno and Vick happens to be one of the few legitimate options. I'd be just as pissed as everyone if Vick wins the job, but it's not a sure thing his signing means he'll be starting.

I said I am done with the jets if they pick up Vick, and I have been done with restaurants that serve meat for the last 15 years

I respect that.  You walk the walk.

But I think you're in the minority.

Did you just give yourself positive rep to counteract the negative rep I gave you?

YOU SUCK AT THIS GAME, TOO!!! :akf:

It's a little trick I picked up from DefenseWinsChampionships.

If you gave an accompanying post to support your neg rep I might let it slide.

Archived