Cowboys release DeMarcus Ware SIGN THIS BEAST!!!!!

joewilly12

Cowboys released DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware.

It's the end of an era that saw Ware make seven Pro Bowl teams and be named an All-Pro four times. The Cowboys really had no other choice. Ware was unwilling to take a pay cut, and Dallas had less than $1 million in cap space. Ware, 32 in July, battled injuries in 2013 but still should attract plenty of suitors on the open market. The move clears a shade over $7.4 million in cap space, while the Cowboys will eat over $8.5 million in "dead money." Ware has 117 career sacks.

Old, coming off an injury, mostly ineffective, will be overpaid. Of course you want him. NO thanks.

The 31 year old Ware still managed 6 sacks in a (13 game)  injury plagued season where he played in a poor schematic fit.   

He would be incredible here. 

Hell, we'd still have money left. We could get a decent safety as well.

I usually don't buy into pipe-dreams, but I'm sure that if we told Ware, Revis, and maybe even Byrd (I think we'd have the money!), they'd definitely sign.

I'd waste all our money on defense if it meant being THAT good.

Wilk-Snacks-Rich-Ware-Harris-Davis-Pace-Milliner-Revis-Byrd-Landry

WOW

117 career sacks yea right

When he's lined up 10 yards outside and they're running right by him, I'm sure you will be the first to admit I was right.

But I see this is ridiculous wank fantasy thread, so moving on.

When he's lined up 10 yards outside and they're running right by him, I'm sure you will be the first to admit I was right.

But I see this is ridiculous wank fantasy thread, so moving on.

Really?  Do you know what a healthy Ware can do for this defense?

Really?  Do you know what a healthy Ware can do for this defense?

really. and soon to be 32 year old football players always stay healthy. pass on Ware. find someone else who is younger and you can pay less.

Sign Ware for ideally 4 years. If this is a successful rebuilding phase, we should be attempting to seriously contend in 2015 and beyond provided we are competitive and have around a 10 win season and playoffs this year. The window for contention is when we need someone like Ware the most.

Sign Ware for ideally 4 years. If this is a successful rebuilding phase, we should be attempting to seriously contend in 2015 and beyond provided we are competitive and have around a 10 win season and playoffs this year. The window for contention is when we need someone like Ware the most.

i think you're building your house on a cracked foundation

Archived