Decker meeting with the Jets

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can paint me green and call me Sally if Schaub becomes a Jet. It'd be the biggest surprise I think of my fan hood.

Oh, by no means do I think that will happen at all. I think that Geno can throw 50 INTs and we still would start Geno every single game. But it's great to dream about.

So to recap:

Team A lets Player A hit FA, Jets sign Player A.  Conclusion:  Team A is Brilliant, Player A must suck because they let him go, Jets are stoopid!!

Jets let Player B hit FA, Team B signs Player B.  Conclusion:  Team B is Brilliant, Player B must rule because they signed him, Jets are stoopid!!

Yeah because it can only be black or white. There is no other possibility!

Are you willing to pay 10 mill for 612 yards of production.

For the Broncos their window of winning the SB is with Peyton Manning. Which maybe the next few seasons, Thats why Elway is being aggressive in signing FA's. But they are letting Decker walk and not paying him for having two great seasons for them with Manning. That tells you something.

Again given the shape of our receiving corps i would not be against adding talent to that position. Its the cost. And we have found out very recently that overpaying players is not a recipe to success.

the broncos don't need decker, they have 2 great receivers. They need defense!

We need offense, mainly receivers. That's the difference

the broncos don't need decker, they have 2 great receivers. They need defense!

We need offense, mainly receivers. That's the difference

Crazy talk! Denver's offense will be a big NOTHING with Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas and Wes Welker and Julius Thomas (in addition to whoever else they're bringing along).  You call that a passing attack? Hah!

This is why I've been high on the guy all off-season. No matter where he's been, he's been productive. Productive in college, productive with Orton/Tebow and productive with Manning, but I'm just not going to take anything away from him for that.

Relatively young, healthy... productive. That's what we need.

Very good point. It's all about production. People get caught in the glitz. 

Your example would be very valid for a one year deal. But if they sign Decker for a multi year deal and overpay him this has repercussions on the cap for quite a few seasons.

Only if said overpayment includes either a huge signing bonus or a ton of guaranteed money, making the player more expensive to cut than keep.

Decker is the #1 rated WR in free agency.  He is visiting our facilities today.  We need a WR.  He wants money.  We have money

I don't see what the issue is. 

is there any way we can make his skin color darker so he could become more good?

We say dont overpay and I agree...but what is overpaying. I would pay 7ish mill/year...maybe 8...thats the ceiling for Decker

Is Decker worth 8 Mil per year? Probably not, but the Jets need a WR, he has talent and is young, and he won't come to the Jets for cheap.  So either they pay him close to what he wants or they don't get him.   Not sure why it's taken all day unless the Jets are really trying to be cheap or Decker is really asking for Revis type of money.

Is Decker worth 8 Mil per year? Probably not, but the Jets need a WR, he has talent and is young, and he won't come to the Jets for cheap.  So either they pay him close to what he wants or they don't get him.   Not sure why it's taken all day unless the Jets are really trying to be cheap or Decker is really asking for Revis type of money.

We have other cheaper options Nicks,Jones,Britt,Austin trade up to draft Watkins do not overpay for Decker.

We have other cheaper options Nicks,Jones,Britt,Austin trade up to draft Watkins do not overpay for Decker.

Trading up for Watkins is not cheaper. It may be cheaper in cash value but way more expensive as far as our resources go. Of what use is that extra money we might save by going with a nutcase like Britt? Wouldn't you rather have a guy that you can trust? Also, why are we all hoping for the Jets to "save money" as if they're strapped for cash---as if overpaying a guy or two will make them strapped for cash? Neither is the case.

Archived