So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

If is an incentive you care about it.

I think revis by taking this deal so quickly rather than dragging this out into a protracted bidding war shows he is changing the tune a bit--sure money still a huge concern for him but he might be starting to feel the pressure of the ring.

especially if down deep he knows he will never return to his former self 100%, ,a athlete knows down deep

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

especially if down deep he knows he will never return to his former self 100%, ,a athlete knows down deep

would have to think he would've looked a little harder for a long term deal with some guarantees if that was the case

Doesn't really matter what the Pats do as long as they're sending Brady out there with UDFA-level receivers. Even with Gronk coming back, that offense threatens no one.

What is Gronk's status for next year? At some point he has to say enough is enough.

What is Gronk's status for next year? At some point he has to say enough is enough.

we are gonna bring Mo Lewis out of retirement for 1 game and have him 'cover' Gronk,,thats will solve that  ;)

then some UDFA TE for Pats will be next Kellen Winslow Sr :(

unless he wants just the ring, if thats the case he 100% did right thing,, other than signin w/SF, Den etc

you would have to think pats would've given him a 3 year deal at 30 million and around half guaranteed if he was willing to sign it. i honestly think revis believes this year to be an "off year" for cb salaries and wants to wait it out for one year and hope to capitalize next year

you would have to think pats would've given him a 3 year deal at 30 million and around half guaranteed if he was willing to sign it. i honestly think revis believes this year to be an "off year" for cb salaries and wants to wait it out for one year and hope to capitalize next year

when I woke up this morning and saw the news I thought the same thing, I think He pushed for the one year deal to go out and prove his island is still the Capital of the NFL and get his 20 Mill next year. what better place to do it too?

when I woke up this morning and saw the news I thought the same thing, I think He pushed for the one year deal to go out and prove his island is still the Capital of the NFL and get his 20 Mill next year. what better place to do it too?

that's my thought. of course maybe him and fat uncle sean will cook up a new strategy next year and only sign one game deals and bounce around week-to-week

Is Revis banking on the Pats making the SB next year with that one year deal?  It's not like they are just a CB away from reaching a SB.  

i think he had dual motivation--sign a one year deal and hope CB market rebounds a bit next year and go to a place where he has a decent shot at a ring.

question for the vick haters: do you hope his first pass to decker against NE goes for a TD or is pick-sixed by revis? :)

i think he had dual motivation--sign a one year deal and hope CB market rebounds a bit next year and go to a place where he has a decent shot at a ring.

question for the vick haters: do you hope his first pass to decker against NE goes for a TD or is pick-sixed by revis? :)

I wonder if the Pats can "Franchise" Revis next year? Depends on what language he has in contract.

I wonder if the Pats can "Franchise" Revis next year? Depends on what language he has in contract.

now that is a heckuva great point. judging by revis' history, you would think he demanded a clause that they could not but who knows

Pats CAN franchise him.  Was reported last night.  Also, at present they see this as a trial period for working out a long term deal.

I heard the same thing about working out a longterm deal. I certainly am not counting on him being with the Pats for only one season.

Guys, who cares if Revis is in NE. The bottom line is that their offense right now is worse than last year if Edelman leaves. Also, while Revis gives them a shut down corner, they had one in Aqib and we still beat them and almost beat them in NE.

Wake up, our arrow is pointing up. Revis is not the missing piece for the Pats...they need upgrades in the O. PLUS Revis chews up a ton of Cap space that could have been used to upgrade their team. Brady is the ONLY reason the Pats are sill good....Belichek's defenses have not been good for a while. They use a Bend but don't break mentality. If Brady faces a good D, then they can be beat. Forget about Revis, its all about how we upgrade our skill positions this year. We went 8-8 with a shaky rookie QB and mediocre skill players, now we have a chance to improve and Decker is a good start.  

Forget Revis, he is history. Let's enjoy this new season because I think we have hope to at least qualify as a WC.

Go Jets!

LL

Pats CAN franchise him.  Was reported last night.  Also, at present they see this as a trial period for working out a long term deal.

No, this is inaccurate, the Patriots CANNOT (realistically) franchise Revis, according to Andrew Brandt, franchise tags do not apply to players who are cut or have their options declined (and this is what will happen). This is a one year rental, with the possibility of agreeing to a whole new contact in 2015. The patriots will use Revis for this one year, then cut or decline the option so they don't pay him 20 million in 2015.

However, they could negotiate a whole new deal in 2015 that keeps him as a patriot, but considering his track record, I expect Revis to go where the money is in 2015.

No, this is inaccurate, the Patriots CANNOT (realistically) franchise Revis, according to Andrew Brandt, franchise tags do not apply to players who are cut or have their options declined (and this is what will happen). This is a one year rental, with the possibility of agreeing to a whole new contact in 2015. The patriots will use Revis for this one year, then cut or decline the option so they don't pay him 20 million in 2015.

However, they could negotiate a whole new deal in 2015 that keeps him as a patriot, but considering his track record, I expect Revis to go where the money is in 2015.

Everything that I've seen is that Revis signed a 1 year deal.  You're saying his deal is actually not a 1 year deal.  If it's not, then of course they can't franchise him, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he signed a deal with option years.

Everything that I've seen is that Revis signed a 1 year deal.  You're saying his deal is actually not a 1 year deal.  If it's not, then of course they can't franchise him, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that he signed a deal with option years.

Check PFT, it's a 2 year 32 mil deal, 12 mil in 2014, 20 mil in 2015 with the team option to cut him. There is no way he gets 20 mil in 2015,  so the Pats are cutting him after 2014, making him a free agent.

Check PFT, it's a 2 year 32 mil deal, 12 mil in 2014, 20 mil in 2015 with the team option to cut him. There is no way he gets 20 mil in 2015,  so the Pats are cutting him after 2014, making him a free agent.

it is a revis-friendly deal in that it eliminates the possibility of being franchised. revis will either get a new contract from pats or will be a FA yet again after this season.

it is a revis-friendly deal in that it eliminates the possibility of being franchised. revis will either get a new contract from pats or will be a FA yet again after this season.

We won't have to worry about him being on the Patriots after this season, now that this contract basically makes it clear he is a UFA in 2015, watch several teams start to regulate their cap accordingly and be willing to pay him around 14 million that the Patriots won't match.

Look at that... That's new.

Holy Fukc. Is anyone here still upset we didn't sign this guy? JC

that's my thought. of course maybe him and fat uncle sean will cook up a new strategy next year and only sign one game deals and bounce around week-to-week

if their was ever a player to do it , it'd be MeVi$!

Lol! Revis gets to pretend he's still making $16M/year. :D

Archived