So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best way to win a Superbowl is to not overpay! Therefore, we are better off not adding anyone, just in case we overpay!!!!!

The "overpay" mantra is usually uninformed. They aren't throwing darts at a board to come up with these numbers. It is a very data intensive process. Read nyjetscap.com articles on player valuations to get a good idea of what goes into it.

Sorry man I know you wanted this

Im pissed the Jets organization sucks its letdown after letdown with this team they don't want to win a Super Bowl.

Woody Johnson sucks John Idzik sucks for the first time in my life I feel as if this team really sucks and just doesn't care about winning.

Besides being a bunch of emo goths, how is this on the Jets.  Revis was a Buc.  Revis was cut by the Bucs.  Revis signed with the Pats.

The Jets were not part of this.

Don't try to help apply logic to these people.

After all, you need to try to keep that client base up.

Now I really want Talib and have him completely out play Revis.

Talib is a Bronco.

He's still getting paid off of legacy.  This year he has to return to 2009 form, or his contract drops to the middle of the pack.

Agreed. My wife even said to me just now, "He's not as good as he used to be. Who cares?" My response.... "oh, you have no idea how hilarious the internet can be..."

Im pissed the Jets organization sucks its letdown after letdown with this team they don't want to win a Super Bowl.

Woody Johnson sucks John Idzik sucks for the first time in my life I feel as if this team really sucks and just doesn't care about winning.

Now you are finally strong enough to join the dark side

Can you guys please stop defending them not spending a single dime in the name of "rebuilding"? You don't think there was a single guy in this entire free agent market that could have helped us re-build? Spending wisely can accelerate the rebuild.

Actually, I don't think most are even bothering to defend them per say.  Most are really just pointing out what an incessant crybaby you, and others, have become.  Yeah, this team sucks; welcome to being a Jets fan.

He basically knew he was getting a 1 year 16 million $$ contract last year. Dude bets on himself and wins. Can't really hate him for it. I've never seen a player work the business side of the NFL to get paid any better.

+1

I said it earlier, love him or hate him, the dude's about his business. Fandom aside, I respect it. 

They have Brady, we have Rex. We always have a puncher's chance but never much more. Really don't see how Revis in New England changes anything important anyway.

Good point! Talib was better than Revis last year and he's gone. 1 side of the field is still locked down in NE.

Nothing has changed....

But it still sucks!

not to defense idzik,.....but i'm pretty sure that woody vetoed any chance of signing revis anyway. he was sick of revis playing him...no way was he gonna let him do it again. people as rich as woody johnson dont like being made to look foolish

Woody Johnson is a douche he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth he knows nothing about football damn you Hess family for selling this team to such an a$$hole owner Leon Hess is rolling over in his grave.

Even if he has signed, I don't see this as that big a deal, the Patriots have barely any cap space left if this is a one year 12 million dollar deal.

Remind me who Brady is throwing to again besides Gronkowski?

+ 1,000,000

Good point! Talib was better than Revis last year and he's gone. 1 side of the field is still locked down in NE.

Nothing has changed....

But it still sucks!

and since geno can only see one side of the field anyway.....revis presence is insignificant

Woody Johnson is a douche he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth he knows nothing about football damn you Hess family for selling this team to such an a$$hole owner Leon Hess is rolling over in his grave.

Hess was just as bad until he saw the end was near.

Even if he has signed, I don't see this as that big a deal, the Patriots have barely any cap space left if this is a one year 12 million dollar deal.

Remind me who Brady is throwing to again besides Gronkowski?

They've proven time and time again they can plug in anyone and be somewhat successful. It really doesn't matter.

He basically knew he was getting a 1 year 16 million $$ contract last year. Dude bets on himself and wins. Can't really hate him for it. I've never seen a player work the business side of the NFL to get paid any better.

It'll be interesting to see how long it holds up though.  Last year's one-year deal was $16 million, now it's $12 million.  Still a huge number, but a substantial drop to say the least.  If his season looks like any of his even last 4 years, you can easily expect a similar drop that will leave him regretting not taking a longer term deal this year.

meh...they lost talib and they gained revis. revis is better but its not like cutting rick mirer and signing joe montana

Exactly.  The Patriots are an inch closer to dethroning the Broncos in the AFC.  And they have gained a mile so far.

Archived