So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the part I don't get. Forget Woody or Rex, since Idzik is the guy everyone wants to gang up on for this. The question is simple really, what possible reason in the world did Idzik have for feeling ANY different about Revis at all than the 30 other NFL GMs who could have potentially gone after him (excluding, of course, the Bucs GM)?

The answer is that there is absolutely none whatsoever.

If you take Mevis out of the equation, it still sucks for us, a great CB got signed in our division for a steal of a deal, and we need a CB, and have a sh*t ton of cap space.

Put Mevis back in the equation as our second best player ever and it gets ugly

Successful at winning regular season games, but they aren't good enough to win the SB. Honestly, is this Patriots team better than last years? I don't think so. Amendola and Edelman are no Moss and Welker, but the Patriots are worse off without them. I see Denver as head and shoulders better than New England.

They still win the division.

So our master plan is to turn the Jets into the Mets and Islanders?....insert " Wang " and " snow " for woody and idzick and this is the same discussion you see July 1st on islanders message boards......unfortunately a lot of us saw this coming...I called this days ago ( yes I know so did a lot of you)... And got shot down and told about cap money and even asked what world I lived in by other posters...no offense probably by fans who are either young or Yankee fans.....any over 40 fan who also is a met fan is so tortured we saw this coming a mile away....doesn't make us smarter just more sick , disturbed and abused.....Revis to the Pats was going to happen because thats what happens to us....period end of story....no talk about cap money and my lack of knowledge of it ever convinced me otherwise......my sports life is a sick disgusting twisted joke.

If you take Mevis out of the equation, it still sucks for us, a great CB got signed in our division for a steal of a deal, and we need a CB, and have a sh*t ton of cap space.

Put Mevis back in the equation as our second best player ever and it gets ugly

Except for it's the Revis part of the equation that is the cause for this mass hysteria.  The Jets still need to get themselves another CB, you won't get any argument from me there, but so do plenty of other teams.  I'm pretty sure those teams aren't filled with teams who want to castrate their GM because he didn't sign one particular CB.

Except for it's the Revis part of the equation that is the cause for this mass hysteria. The Jets still need to get themselves another CB, you won't get any argument from me there, but so do plenty of other teams. I'm pretty sure those teams aren't filled with teams who want to castrate their GM because he didn't sign one particular CB.

If they have the cap space I'm sure they do

the bipolar jets fan....

"OMG we are gonna have so much cap space. idzidiot better not spend it on defense, especially not another farging cb, we neeedz teh offense"!!!!!

"OMG free agency started 3 minutes ago and we havent signed anyone.....WE SUCK, fire idzidiot!!!@!"

"OMG bucs released revis!!!!!! come home, revis!!! idzidiot better give him long term deal, we has the lootz, make him an offer he cant refuse!!!!"

"OMG pats signed revis, we are sh*t!!! jets are a farging circus!!!!! season over pats win!!! woody is krafts basement gimp!!!! revis would take us to superbowl heaven, fire idzidiot now!!!!!!"

Successful at winning regular season games, but they aren't good enough to win the SB. Honestly, is this Patriots team better than last years? I don't think so. Amendola and Edelman are no Moss and Welker, but the Patriots are worse off without them. I see Denver as head and shoulders better than New England.

No one in the AFC is, but I digress.

The D is better.  Revis is an upgrade over Aqib.  If Mayo and WIlfork (if not cut) are healthy, the D is significantly better than the one that played Denver.  I am not saying the Patriots are favorites in AFC, not even close, but the team is better tonight than it was this morning. 

Archived