So, Revis is a Patriot...

ZachEY

Hmm. Has any1 seen SoFlaJets and Woody in the same room at the same time? 

bottom line he's the best Jets draft pick for a generation. to have him on the Pats really is awful. It even makes a Decker signing useless. It's like pay all this money to Decker to have Revis shut him down? Why bother. 

I'm a better singer and guitarist than Woody, he's born lucky that's about it On edit: now THAT right there is the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post Matt...Oh well, the Pats got Revis, we might as well forfeit every game now

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Business manager claims no agreement has been reached between Pats and Revis

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2014, 9:14 PM EDT

RevisGetty Images

Multiple reports have emerged that the Patriots have agreed to terms with cornerback Darrelle Revis.

But there’s an interesting caveat. John Geiger, the business manager for Darrelle Revis, had this to say via Twitter: “As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.”

It could be semantics. Still, until the deal is signed, the deal isn’t enforceable. Revis could back out, if for example another team offers more than the one-year, $12 million deal that the Patriots reportedly have been offered.

Few are doubting the reports that a deal is in place. But it makes sense to keep an eye on the possibility that the situation will fall apart; until a binding contract has been executed, it can.

Hmm. Has any1 seen SoFlaJets and Woody in the same room at the same time? 

bottom line he's the best Jets draft pick for a generation. to have him on the Pats really is awful. It even makes a Decker signing useless. It's like pay all this money to Decker to have Revis shut him down? Why bother. 

Revis barely maid it past his first contract with the Jets.  #Wasntworththedraftpick

Revis is smart as hell. One year deal to a team that gets to play Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, and Ryan Tannehill two times each. Gonna have about 20 interceptions and get $100 million from the Raiders next offseason.

Six years, $9.5M average/year. If the guy plays as well as he's capable of, and stays healthy, it's a better deal than $12M for one year of Revis. If Revis plays well, he'll make more than $26M in two years.

I would prefer the Revis deal to the Talib, personally. 

I would prefer the Revis deal to the Talib, personally.

All one year of Revis on the Jets would've done is gotten Rex a multi-year extension - then he'd be out the door looking for more money again. Just to keep the heads exploding...

All one year of Revis on the Jets would've done is gotten Rex a multi-year extension - then he'd be out the door looking for more money again. Just to keep the heads exploding...

So lets put together another pathetic roster in hopes Rex does poor enough to get fired? Yeah, ok.

Dude had the run of the house for four years and turned it into a third-tier frat that nobody wants to join. This is the end result of that.

We will see what this roster looks like after the draft. Hopefully it looks a lot better than it does now. I'm not going to relive the first back to back championship games in 40+ years and why they couldnt get over the top at the moment. I'm spent from all this Idzik shrewdness.

Pats fans are such jerks man. They are all over on PFT's comment boards already proclaiming for the 10th straight year in a row another SB Championship which for some reason since the SpyGate story broke, they just can't seem to get over the top and win

What's infuriating about this is that Idzik was about to pull off a sensational coup. Letting Revis rehab a year for a 1st and a 4th. Cap rich. No future hit. Fans go crazy.

This just shouldn't

have happened

That would have been epic, but I really believe that Woody was done with Revis and wanted no part of him again. Can't really blame him with Revis holding out every other year and holding the team hostage. The hate on Idz around here is misguided.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mevis, after signing the 12M contract, holds out before training camp demanding 16M!

That would have been epic, but I really believe that Woody was done with Revis and wanted no part of him again. Can't really blame him with Revis holding out every other year and holding the team hostage. The hate on Idz around here is misguided.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mevis, after signing the 12M contract, holds out before training camp demanding 16M!

That's funny. Or maybe revis will invent the mid season holdout on a one year deal. Maybe next year he can get a per game contract and jump around week to week

Pats fans are such jerks man. They are all over on PFT's comment boards already proclaiming for the 10th straight year in a row another SB Championship which for some reason since the SpyGate story broke, they just can't seem to get over the top and win

Nice!

Archived