Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point. 

Couldn't James Jones just say "what are you paying Decker" though? Regardless of whether it's made public, if he wants to know and they withhold or lie, he'd probably walk.

True, but him walking would be based on numbers that he doesnt know and wont be able to use as a tool to inflate his price elsewhere. Idzik could keep this under raps for a bit right? 

Jets signed WR Eric Decker, formerly of the Broncos.
Decker, 27, set career highs in catches (87) and receiving yards (1,288 yards) with Denver last season, scoring 11 touchdowns. He caught a lot of heat during the free-agent period after experiencing a colder-than-expected market, but is a much-needed addition to the Jets' otherwise barren receiver corps. Decker is a physical, largely sure-handed wideout who moves the chains and can beat defensive backs deep. Unfortunately, he's downgrading quarterbacks in spectacular fashion going from Peyton Manning to Geno Smith, and will be the focus of defensive attention in New York after serving as Manning's No. 3 or 4 option. He'd do well to get back near 1,000 yards with the Jets. Decker will be a borderline WR3 in fantasy this season.
Related: Broncos

Anyone else find that funny? The free agency period? All 31 hours of it?

Great news.  The Idz is sticking to the game plan no matter how many panties get in a bunch.  

You know what I really like about this Idzik guy? It didnt leak. Everyone's talking about Ware, Tate, Byrd etc. No one had a clue about Eric Decker. Yet the Pats cant even replace Edelman. lol

All the years I've been a Jet fan I've never seen it like this. Im telling you, we've got ourselves a GM. 

And isn't that EXACTLY what everyone here was clamoring for 48 hours ago?  Not a corner, not a safety......But a legitimate, bonafide starting NFL receiver?

Personally, I believe they were clamoring for tampons and pacifiers. 

You know what I really like about this Idzik guy? It didnt leak. Everyone's talking about Ware, Tate, Byrd etc. No one had a clue about Eric Decker. Yet the Pats cant even replace Edelman. lol

All the years I've been a Jet fan I've never seen it like this. Im telling you, we've got ourselves a GM. 

This is uncharted territory.  Having a plan and executing it, who would have thunk it?   Plus, you just know it is not a one-year plan.

Archived