Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good signing yay

Munnerlynn next, please!

Signing the top FA WR really gives them flexibility. Decker's not a "#1" or whatever, but that stuff is mostly nonsense anywhere. He's solid, he's an upgrade, and the Jets are getting prime years.

They waste no time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Decker

Lacks elite speed. 4.5  40  but has excellent hands, has a knack for getting open, 6'3 so makes for a good red zone target.  Very similar to Jordy Nelson of the Packers.

Wish he was faster but this guy has great hands and is an excellent route runner.

Cool not over paid 7 per, we paid Holmes over 8.25mill per for 23 catches per year in the last two years and he's a total Doucheyo boot.

This means we can now go BAP in the Draft a total Idzik play!

Only 15 guaranteed sounds like 2-3 years on the hook.

Jets now have two big, physical starting WRs in Decker and Nelson, along with 6'4 Hill and Kerley in the slot. Lee or Cooks would make a lot of sense as far as adding another dynamic to the group.

I still consider the questions surrounding Geno Smith to be a formality. He's the guy and they have to pretend he isn't because he's still green. Even if/when they grab a QB in the first-third, I think Geno will take the job. Marty M. was a gift from the NFL, as was Geno. It's for being a league lame enough that you can't have a Revis AND a big money QB without being pretty sh*tty everywhere else.

If Decker is all but inked...Jones to compliment would be awesome.

In fact, assuming they do land Decker...Id be happy with a Jones, Sanders, Smith, Nicks, Austin, Simpson type compliment.

Me, too.  But I am still drafting a good one.  I want Geno to have a spread formation with guys who can actually get open in it.

Only 15 guaranteed sounds like 2-3 years on the hook.

Jets now have two big, physical starting WRs in Decker and Nelson, along with 6'4 Hill and Kerley in the slot. Lee or Cooks would make a lot of sense as far as adding another dynamic to the group.

I just hope we do not have to witness Nelson going off the field gasping after every single hard tackle he receives.  At least he comes back out, though.

He produced with Kyle Orton.  He looked not terrible with Tim Tebow.  He'll do fine with Geno Smith or whoever our QB of the future is.

I would worry about him in a Schottenheimer offense.  Where guys have an inch of separation.  i would worry about Geno in that kind of an offense too.  Marty's scheme is easier on receivers and corners.  Guys come open.

I think he will do fine as well, but without a true #1 he risks becoming a disappointment in the minds of the fans which is unfair to him since he is not a #1. We don't want Revis to be covering Decker. We want Decker to be open due to Revis covering the true #1. I guess we need to wait for the draft for the future super stars on offense, but Decker is probably the best choice of those available, all things considered.

if Decker is the best available free agent receiver, then there was no number One available.  They had to sign at least one wideout in FA.

No, no more spread! Yes, get Geno WRs, but also get MJD! Play to your strengths and run the ball!

There are too many passing downs in a game not to employ a spread.  The running game can be neutralized with 8 in the box.  You have to be able to spread it out.  I am not talking about using it ALL the time.  But you have to have the tools to use it when you need it.

Archived