Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was perhaps because he was short on cap dollars and wanted picks.  This offseason, he has a bounty of picks AND cap dollars.  So it became less of a priority?

Actually, I think the way to maximize the picks is to try to do it in waves where some years you get and some years you ignore them.  They don't take your picks away, so you sign a sh*tload of guys and it does not matter.  Other years when you are a "have" you can wait it out and only sign guys that were cut. I don't think it's an unusual strategy.

Actually, I think the way to maximize the picks is to try to do it in waves where some years you get and some years you ignore them.  They don't take your picks away, so you sign a sh*tload of guys and it does not matter.  Other years when you are a "have" you can wait it out and only sign guys that were cut. I don't think it's an unusual strategy.

Nice.  Sort of an "every other year, go hard in free agency" approach. 

You do realize that nearly half of that chart still says "Punt"  Don't yoU?

When did I ever say to NEVER punt it?

But how often will you have a 4th and 15? especially if you're smart and you run it (rather than getting 0 yards 40% of the time by passing).

1st paragraph:

Have you been waiting for definitive proof that coaches in the National Football League are a bunch of wussies? Well, the New York Times has your answer: meet the NYT 4th Down Bot

and also: "Obviously, the best strategy varies, depending on a team's strengths and weaknesses. But the overall pattern seems clear: coaches are far too conservative."

In MOST 4th down situations, the increased scoring chance by converting are greater than the increased chances of the other team scoring if you fail.

Lots of studies have been done on it. The numbers don't lie. Play four-down football.

Don't forget to include that little thing called the field and which part of it you're on.  I find it hard to believe your stat holds up anywhere in our own territory. 

Don't forget to include that little thing called the field and which part of it you're on.  I find it hard to believe your stat holds up anywhere in our own territory. 

I did include that in a later post.

There are lots of charts out there. Here's another:

fourth_down_decision_chart_original.png?

When did I ever say to NEVER punt it?

But how often will you have a 4th and 15? especially if you're smart and you run it (rather than getting 0 yards 40% of the time by passing).

Do you think the NYTbot advocates running so that you get in 4th and less than 10 all the time?  Don't you think that would skew that statistics and require additional analysis? BTW, the NYTbot advocates punting in any situation over 4th and 10 and more often than going for it on anything over 4th and 5. 

Do you think the NYTbot advocates running so that you get in 4th and less than 10 all the time?  Don't you think that would skew that statistics and require additional analysis? BTW, the NYTbot advocates punting in any situation over 4th and 10 and more often than going for it on anything over 4th and 5. 

You shouldn't even be in a 4th and 6+ without penalties.

Archived