Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

Finally, something, anything finaaaaalllyyyy

Love this move, Decker was my favorite WR target. BTW so much for him wanting to get paid like a #1. Totally fair deal. I would have happily given him a little more even.

Glad you are feeling better. I told you it'd be alright. :)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, something, anything finaaaaalllyyyy

Love this move, Decker was my favorite WR target. BTW so much for him wanting to get paid like a #1. Totally fair deal. I would have happily given him a little more even.

You're Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HPj4EKF.gif

Bah...formatting sucked.

Last year was his best season, 898 with 5 TDs.  The previous season was 688 with 7.  First two seasons not over 400 yards, not that that's shocking.

Having Manning as your QB kind of helps with stats.

We kind of did overpay for him though.  He put up good numbers but that was with a team who has one of the all time great QB's along with a bunch of good receivers/tight ends.  Here he will be expected to be a #1 for that kind of money and he just isn't.  I wont even go over the insanely large failure rate of #2 receivers who hit the big payday with a new team that expects them to be their #1 option. *cough* Holmes *cough*

dont like the signing. to me eric decker miles austin and david nelson are basically the same guy. i never liked him as a receiver and giving him a five year deal is just plan ridiculous. Didnt idzick give a bloated contract to that Flynn guy that went to seattle and did nothing? I still dont like Geno. and frankly Revis to the Pats ensures them another division win. Yeah. Seriously you think all of sudden Geno is putting up 40 Tds with Decker. get out of here, they are trying to make another splash cause they felt lonely that they werent in the headlines. i still say go for a WR in the draft. You want to talk competing every year Coach? Sure up that CB spot you just vacated with a guy that was here already and keep him away from the pats. but they didnt cause woody doesnt want to pay him anymore. Revis will be hella better now with a year back under his belt and hes prolly gonna train his ass off to get an extension. You dont think his agent slipped a clause in there saying that if they win the SB they got to pay him a sh*t ton? I wouldnt be surprised by that. it's a one year deal. Revis has basically become a mercenary CB for hire.... 

I love that Damian Woody still has the Jets back:

Mike Wallace got 12M per....now THAT'S overpaying!

Ppl trying to say Jets overpaid for Decker? I'm no GM but deal looks fair to me

It's a great move on the Jets.  He is the best WR on the team and the best that was out there this season.    They still should draft a potential #1 WR in the draft and work him in with Decker and others.   If they wind up signing Jones, that would give Geno some weapons to play with.   At that point it becomes does Geno actually improve or not.

I find it utterly fascinating how a grown, sober man acts as petulant as you do on a day to day basis. 

that's because the Jets haven't won a godamn Super Bowl since I was 12. I have never missed a Jets game EVER! Stick that in your petulant pipe you little twerp.

Glad you are feeling better. I told you it'd be alright. :)

LOL, not yet. If I'm not whining it's only because I'm exhausted of it already. Sign Captain and Cro for an average of $5.5 per so that both together are taking less than Revis, or Pettigrew + Sproles, then I'll start feeling pretty good.

LOL, not yet. If I'm not whining it's only because I'm exhausted of it already. Sign Captain and Cro for an average of $5.5 per so that both together are taking less than Revis, or Pettigrew + Sproles, then I'll start feeling pretty good.

You should see if Crusher will pet your belly. It always works for me.

Are the Jets back to being the bestest, or do we need to lock down Jones and Munnerlyn first?

Jets were always the bestest. Idzik has mishandled this offseason though and I'm not letting him off the hook unless he continue to be aggressive here.

Jones, Munnerlyn and Cro and call it an off-season besides adding fill-ins. So we're 5 deep: Cro, Munnerlyn, Milliner, Wilson, Lankster.

that's because the Jets haven't won a godamn Super Bowl since I was 12. I have never missed a Jets game EVER! Stick that in your petulant pipe you little twerp.

Hey man, at least you saw em win it. I could very well die without seeing one.  And not for nothing, but I'm not sure someone that's 5'7" should be calling anyone a little twerp ;)

He admitted in a previous thread that he's been sober 15 or 20 years, I forget the number. I find that part impressive and more kudos to him and anyone else who overcame the struggle.  However, the fact that he gets upset at someone making fun of dane cook, the burger king of stand up comedians and calling him butthurt, does have me rethinking his age.

overcame the struggle? What on earth do you know about 'the struggle" that makes you think you're an expert on it.   And I wasn't upset at anyone making fun of Dane Cook. I just don't appreciate fellow Jet fans being dickheads like Giant or Yankee fans.    

Hey man, at least you saw em win it. I could very well die without seeing one.  And not for nothing, but I'm not sure someone that's 5'7" should be calling anyone a little twerp ;)

5'7 3/4  Like Jif says the 3/4 goes a long way!

overcame the struggle? What on earth do you know about 'the struggle" that makes you think you're an expert on it.   And I wasn't upset at anyone making fun of Dane Cook. I just don't appreciate fellow Jet fans being dickheads like Giant or Yankee fans.    

Hey bud, if the bold is true - lead by example, and please don't get this thread locked. Thanks.

Pump the breaks. I never claimed to be an expert, just stated that I think it's impressive when anyone can kick something that clearly had a negative impact on them for a prolonged period of time.  Besides anecdotal stories, l I have no experience, which is why I started and ended it with I was impressed and Kudos.

So you feel the appropriate reaction to every slight joke which you dub as Giants/Yankees-like is to go out of your way to be the worst one of them all?

Seems reasonable.

So you feel the appropriate reaction to every slight joke which you dub as Giants/Yankees-like is to go out of your way to be the worst one of them all?

Seems reasonable.

there are jokes and there are insults. You must be a Yankee fan.  

there are jokes and there are insults. You must be a Yankee fan.  

Yeah, because clearly those Dane Cook comments were so deeply offensive and far more personal than your subsequent ranting attacks at everyone who dared to say a word on the topic.  How could I not see that?  Must have been those damn Yankees that I couldn't give less of a crap about.

Yeah, because clearly those Dane Cook comments were so deeply offensive and far more personal than your subsequent ranting attacks at everyone who dared to say a word on the topic.  How could I not see that?  Must have been those damn Yankees that I couldn't give less of a crap about.

Maybe there's hope for you yet!

Archived