Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

decker is a stellar pickup and is going to be a fan favorite almost from the beginning (especially after his wife goes on the jumbotron a few times

Wife aside, he's still not handsomer than lundqvist as far as I'm concerned.

For what they paid, they can afford another veteran and go into the draft with some flexibility. 

I like the signing.  Didnt break the bank, he's a big athletic target who can make big plays and still allows them to add more weapons for Geno.

And all the money is up front, so if he doesn't pan out - he's a cap-friendly cut in year 3 (if I'm not mistaken about the contract numbers I saw).

There are too many passing downs in a game not to employ a spread.  The running game can be neutralized with 8 in the box.  You have to be able to spread it out.  I am not talking about using it ALL the time.  But you have to have the tools to use it when you need it.

Even with 8 in the box, you can get 2.5 YPC.

MJD is MJDone. You posting 1,000 times you want him won't make it so. He offers nothing more than what we already have in Powell and Ivory. Period.

He had one off year. Actually, I wouldn't even call it an off year. He was surrounded by an atrocious offense with bad run blocking, yet he was still a "heavy" runner (hard to take down).

Good man. How about yours? 

This signing pleases me. And the contract itself seems to be smart, unlike what we got used to in the Tannenbaum Era. Anyone whining about this pls go.

My little girl is 6 months old this week! Being a Dad is the best. 

Everything about the approach to this off-season pleases me tbh. Idzik is legit. That said, the whining will never stop... 

Fine, you think he's overrated.  I think if you have the worst WR core in the league and you add a player thats gone for over 1,000 yards and 10 TD's in back to back seasons...overrated or not, its a good thing for a team desperate for WR's.

This isnt a trade.  The Jets done lose anything for signing FA's, other than money they have to spend. 

Well, we may lose a compensatory pick we'd get for other people signing our UFA's.  But correct otherwise.

I don't think you design your long term strategy around compensatory picks for Austin Howard.

True, but you also don't treat compensatory picks like they're trash like Tannenbaum did.  Idzik seems adept at finding a happy medium there with his approach.

Even with 8 in the box, you can get 2.5 YPC.

the 2.5 yd per carry theory means that it will be 4th and almost 3 (.5 means you around up if I remember correctly)  How many times are we supposed to go for it on 4th and 3?  And it's still no guarantee you get it of course. 

This is just crazy talk. CRAZY TALK I SAY   :character0182:

the 2.5 yd per carry theory means that it will be 4th and almost 3 (.5 means you around up if I remember correctly)  How many times are we supposed to go for it on 4th and 3?  And it's still no guarantee you get it of course. 

In MOST 4th down situations, the increased scoring chance by converting are greater than the increased chances of the other team scoring if you fail.

Lots of studies have been done on it. The numbers don't lie. Play four-down football.

In MOST 4th down situations, the increased scoring chance by converting are greater than the increased chances of the other team scoring if you fail.

Lots of studies have been done on it. The numbers don't lie. Play four-down football.

doesn't matter what the computers say no coaches play that way at NFL level

It depends.  Do you crack back block?

I know they don't. It doesn't change the fact that they should. They'd win more often. The numbers don't lie.

the numbers are also aggregate and don't consider the respective competence of the offense and opposing defense.

Remember when Peyton made that JAG Pierre Garcon a legit threat too? 

Guy's done pretty well without Manning.

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning.  As great as Manning is, how many of his former top WRs have been miserable failures without him?  The closest one I could think of would be Stokley, but even he had mostly "meh" seasons with Manning which were comparable to the rest of his career, outside of the one exception.

That doesn't mean Decker's production won't dip thanks to a massive decrease in QB talent, but that applies to absolutely every WR out there, with perhaps a couple of very rare exceptions that will never come close to FA.

the numbers are also aggregate and don't consider the respective competence of the offense and opposing defense.

The numbers don't measure that, they measure the expected points of each team if they succeeded/failed at certain points on the field.

Whether you're a good or bad team, the expected points remain.

The numbers don't measure that, they measure the expected points of each team if they succeeded/failed at certain points on the field.

Whether you're a good or bad team, the expected points remain.

haha incorrect

Archived