What would be a realistic FA wish list from here on out?

nj meadowlands

On the cornerback front what about Brandon Browner who is visiting the Redskins and Pats ? Yes, he's getting suspended four games for drinking the Seahawks kool-aid but he is a big guy, who had made it to the probowl and has 10 interceptions in the last three seasons. His numbers were down last year due to missing games with a groin injury but he appears to have talent. Anybody in the Seattle area get to see this guy regularly ?

like to add another wr-sanders, jones, edlemen, or nicks. do not want britt or austin. also draft another

i think if we can get pettigrew or zach miller at te at a decent price it would be great. if not roll with cumby, suddfield, and draft.

oline. a guard would be key. not sure whos the best available, but that would be great. id be happy with colon resigning on a 1 year deal agin.

cb.- cro, drodg-cromartie, captain. also draft another

I like Joesph, the G from the Bucs. Isn't Chris Johnson said to be cut? But the way Idzik operates contract wise we maybe won't be able to please him. We might as well try to sign Worilds to an offer sheet. I would look at Britt if we can't reach to terms with Jones. Not sure if Nicks would play for us as Geno is far from Rivers, Luck, Newton and others but if he ever changes his mind I'll be on board in giving him $5 mil per.

I like Joesph, the G from the Bucs. Isn't Chris Johnson said to be cut? But the way Idzik operates contract wise we maybe won't be able to please him. We might as well try to sign Worilds to an offer sheet. I would look at Britt if we can't reach to terms with Jones. Not sure if Nicks would play for us as Geno is far from Rivers, Luck, Newton and others but if he ever changes his mind I'll be on board in giving him $5 mil per.

5M for nicks would be a homerun for the jets. problem i see is that nicks won't sign a longterm deal at 5 per and if that is the best he is offered, he'll probably opt to play out a one year show me deal on a pass first team as you suggest and take his shot at a long term deal next year

Deep threat/big body WR to compliment Decker. If we're going all in on MM's system, it's an absolute must at this point, since his passing attack is entirely dependent on using horizontal routes to set up the deep ball. He's not the type of dude that will just take shots to keep the defense honest.

I'd like to see a veteran corner signed, another solid WR option, maybe an OLB (though I'd be fine with bringing Pace back), a veteran safety would be cool (though I'd be fine with Reed coming back), a Guard (though I'd be fine with Colon coming back).  lol

Basically, I want the Jets to have flexibility in the draft.  Thats what I'm looking for in signings moving forward.

I think that's exactly what their plan is. I also expect them to have a lot of money left over after the draft, so that they can be a team ready to scoop up guys who lose their jobs in training camps - or before.

Didn't Nicks say he wasn't interested in a one year deal?

I thought it was the opposite, that he knew he might have to take a one year, show me type deal. The one thing that would make the Jets an attractive option for him is that he wouldn't have to move - not that I even know if he has a family to uproot.

yeah $3M is probably lower than what he could get on a multi-year but whatever he is offered will probably be too low for him. if he is willing to bet on himself with a one-year show me deal about the last place he'd want to be is on the jets unless they have vick in tow, then maybe.

Haha! Keep stirring that Vick pot. I don't know why you're so certain that he'd be an upgrade over Geno. The Jets certainly don't think that way, and went so far as to tell him as much to his face.

Haha! Keep stirring that Vick pot. I don't know why you're so certain that he'd be an upgrade over Geno. The Jets certainly don't think that way, and went so far as to tell him as much to his face.

mostly because i want to see this place in fukishima meltdown mode!

seriously though, vick has more credibility as a passer among FA WRs looking for a landing spot. we can of course debate whether that is deserved or not.

i think "on the cheap" should be the motto for JN this time of year. what are you even talking about "on the cheap"? only $1 more than the highest offer these guys will get elsewhere? you do realize they have more than two options: to sign our cheap offer or retire.

i guess i just mean no ridiculous contract for an aging pass rusher based in his past accomplishments. if julius peppers feels like the vet minimum or a $2million a yr short term deal is a slap in the face then let him look elsewhere.

seriously though, vick has more credibility as a passer among FA WRs looking for a landing spot. we can of course debate whether that is deserved or not.

It is DEFINITELY deserved.

Vick has never been a great passer, but Geno is a TERRIBLE passer. Comparing the two is laughable at best, even with Vick's regression.

More than Geno? Sure, but not more than someone like Schaub or Cassel.

i guess i just mean no ridiculous contract for an aging pass rusher based in his past accomplishments. if julius peppers feels like the vet minimum or a $2million a yr short term deal is a slap in the face then let him look elsewhere.

I really hope you're joking. We're talking about the guy that hasn't missed a single game in the last 6 years, and has 30 sacks the last 3 years. He's shown no signs of regressing.

More than Geno? Sure, but not more than someone like Schaub or Cassel.

moot as to cassel because he is signed. schaub versus vick, maybe the jets will get that option but for now schaub is not available.

again, "ridiculous" is contextual. contracts are based on metrics. it is incredibly rare that the highest offer is 20 or even 15% higher than the second best offer. peppers wouldn't have time to think whether $2M was a slap in the face because his agent would tear it up before he even brought it to his client.

With Pettigrew now off the board it looks like the best available TE's are Jermichael Finley, Owen Daniels, and Ed Dickson.  The team could still use a WR.  The best available being Hakeem Nicks, Julian Edelman, Steve Smith, James Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, and Miles Austin.  The team also needs a CB.  You have Walter Thurmond, Chris Tillman, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tarell Brown, and Brandon Browner still out there.  Finally, we need help on the OL.  The best of the rest in that bunch include Zach Strief, Donald Penn, Travelle Wharton, and Willie Colon.  The big question is what will Idzik's next move be to help improve this team?

Archived