Denard or Ha ha Clinton Dix at 18?

RSJ

I would love it if the Jets got either of these guys in the first. Matthews in the second. OL in the 3rd or 4th.

I know Decker isn't a #1 - but he is a high #2 and allows the Jets the flexibility to draft this way.

I would love it if the Jets got either of these guys in the first. Matthews in the second. OL in the 3rd or 4th.

I know Decker isn't a #1 - but he is a high #2 and allows the Jets the flexibility to draft this way.

everyone says he is not a #1. he absolutely is a #1. top 32 WRs are #1 receiver material and decker is that.

everyone says he is not a #1. he absolutely is a #1. top 32 WRs are #1 receiver material and decker is that.

Good point. I think he satisfies the position enough by himself to allow the Jets to take a different position in the first round.

Good point. I think he satisfies the position enough by himself to allow the Jets to take a different position in the first round.

we have a top 32 WR now. last year all of our starters were bottom 32.

I'm getting a full-belly laugh out of all the "he's not a #1" narrative on the site right now.

Plenty of guys have filled the role of #1 WR through the game's history without being the "prototypical #1".

Derrick Mason did it for years. Deion Branch. Coles did it for us, and in some ways so did Chrebet. Jordy Nelson is doing it in GB. Edelman did it last year in NE. Keenan Allen stepped into that role in SD. Steve Smith has made a career out of it.

Everything we know about the game says if you put the right players in the right situations, they can produce. Irrelevant of what the ideal #1 is supposed to be.

I just don't see the Jets drafting a round 1 safety.  It's a luxury pick.

I agree with this. All you need to do is see how little the Jets prioritize safety in this defense. I mean, Eric Smith played for us for years... and otherwise it has been a rotating carousel of characters. Still, I would like them to have a guy who can force turnovers because our defense was so weak at that last year.

I agree with this. All you need to do is see how little the Jets prioritize safety in this defense. I mean, Eric Smith played for us for years... and otherwise it has been a rotating carousel of characters. Still, I would like them to have a guy who can force turnovers because our defense was so weak at that last year.

Antonio Allen sure seemed like he could be our "turnover guy" at the safety position.  I don't mind getting safety help in this draft, but not at 18.

RD 1 - Dennard or Gilbert - I think Dennard fits better

RD 2 - Matthews or Cooks

RD 3 - BAP TE

RD 3 - BAP OL

We're talking about a seriously different team from a talent perspective.

Again, its about flexibility, so this could change based on the rest of FA....but if we were going into the draft now, this would be my approach.

RD 1 - Dennard or Gilbert - I think Dennard fits better

RD 2 - Matthews or Cooks

RD 3 - BAP TE

RD 3 - BAP OL

We're talking about a seriously different team from a talent perspective.

Again, its about flexibility, so this could change based on the rest of FA....but if we were going into the draft now, this would be my approach.

You think Cooks will still be there when we pick in the 2nd?  I thought he's been generating enough buzz that he could go at the beginning of the 2nd.  How about Beckham?  

You think Cooks will still be there when we pick in the 2nd?  I thought he's been generating enough buzz that he could go at the beginning of the 2nd.  How about Beckham?  

I dont know...just spit balling. 

If it's not a WR or Pass Rusher I'll be disappointed. 

Even if they are reaching?  I want flexability.

I don't think Dix will be a priority for the Jets, and it's questionable that Cooks or Beckham is really worth that pick. I do agree with the poster that said Beckham returning kicks would fit a need, the question is it a first round need. I know we all think he sucks but they can tell Stephen Hill to run 9 routes at 4.3. He might not catch em (don't throw it to STONE HANDS!) but he can be a decoy and run deep. 

CB is the biggest need on the team right now. They might even get lucky and see if Justin Gilbert falls. Dennard is a great prospect and if he's the pick at 18, that's fine. I don't think he's freaky enough for Idzik but Rex would love him.  

whoever the Jets pick it won't be a reach, it will be someone that mock drafts said would go higher. If someone like Barr falls it's a no brainer. 

I dont know...just spit balling. 

Even if they are reaching?  I want flexability.

I'm ok with Lee, Evans, Cooks, Beckham Jr at 18. Most likely at least two will be there. Barr is probably gone now as the 3rd edgerusher off the board but I'd be ok with Dee Ford there. 

I think I'd rather any of those picks more than Dennard or Ha Ha...or any CB or S at 18. 

I don't think Dix will be a priority for the Jets, and it's questionable that Cooks or Beckham is really worth that pick. I do agree with the poster that said Beckham returning kicks would fit a need, the question is it a first round need. I know we all think he sucks but they can tell Stephen Hill to run 9 routes at 4.3. He might not catch em (don't throw it to STONE HANDS!) but he can be a decoy and run deep. 

CB is the biggest need on the team right now. They might even get lucky and see if Justin Gilbert falls. Dennard is a great prospect and if he's the pick at 18, that's fine. I don't think he's freaky enough for Idzik but Rex would love him.  

whoever the Jets pick it won't be a reach, it will be someone that mock drafts said would go higher. If someone like Barr falls it's a no brainer. 

Agreed, but it'd be interesting to see what happens with captain munnerlyn. he's visiting us today, if we sign him, i think rex will have too much faith in milliner for us to go cb 1st round

Unfortunately, the real problem is the effect modern society has had on Darwinism. He shouldn't have made it this long

It's hysterical because I've said that many times about a lot of different things... We've outlived evolution.

I think we go Ebron or Marquis Lee at #1 then the reverse at #2 UNLESS we get James Jones in FA, then we go Ebron at #1 and Garropolo at #2.

garropolo wont be there for the jets in the second. Houston takes clowney in the first and garropolo in the 2nd. book it

I'm ok with Lee, Evans, Cooks, Beckham Jr at 18. Most likely at least two will be there. Barr is probably gone now as the 3rd edgerusher off the board but I'd be ok with Dee Ford there. 

I think I'd rather any of those picks more than Dennard or Ha Ha...or any CB or S at 18. 

If Evans somehow falls to 18 I would think you have to take him over all the other WR's mentioned.  Evans looks like a beast. 

I agree about the CB's and S bit too.  

If the Jets get one more receiver before the draft, then we can draft almost completely for BPA. We still need a corner. That is fukcing amazing considering the roster 48,hours ago.

Amazing the ups and downs of free agency, i still think DRC is our next big signing 

Archived