The proper perspective on Revis

Integrity28

don't forget the best part of the story--wilpon made the deal because he calculated he would make money off the deal because he was getting such huge returns through madoff! yes you can't make this sh*t up.

Oh that's right, totally forgot about the Madoff connection.  Jesus I feel for some of you guys who are both Jets and Mets fans.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best contract in the history of baseball, he absolutely fleeced the Mets. I forget the exact numbers but didn't he turn something like $7 million dollars into $30 million by taking it in installments + interest? And here I was, thinking you were the forward thinker of the group.

What's even crazier, is to think that 1990 was 24 years ago and his 5 year 30ish million dollar deal was one of the highest ever. Now you got the Kershaw's of the world making $30 million per. Knew I should have been a lefty.

They're still ******* paying him.

yeah i was about to make this point exactly, These players are not even close to even. 

the thing that makes me the most angry is the Jets sign Decker while the Pats sign Revis. How many catches will Decker get against the Patriots? It's like the Decker signing is only gonna pay off when they aren't paying the Pats. 

didn't we beat them last year w/ a rookie qb and wrs jags that just waled off the street?

I suspect the Jets will be adding other receiving talent; Revis can only cover one guy.

Meanwhile, the Pats have Revis for one year, and will have to either franchise him or compete for his services beyond this season, and the Jets have Decker locked up in a very attractive five year contract.

But continue with your hard-headed faux anger. It's your thing.

And does anyone see a realistic situation where Revis doesn't hold out if he's tagged?  Come on, like the guy is going to agree to getting paid the average of the top 5 players at his position (as in less than at least a couple of them)?  And isn't that just current year's salary too, ignoring any signing bonuses and all that other junk?  Yeah, no way that would ever happen.

PFF ranked him the best CB in football last year and he went to the Pro Bowl for the 5th time in his 7 year career.

They think revis is crap because he's not a jet, but if idzik signed him, they'd be saying how we are the best defense in the nfl, and rex loves him and blah blah blah. they are jet fans who had their poor little feelings hurt because revis said FU to the jets.

get over it you fraking bunch oh hypocrites.

mrsryan

They think revis is crap because he's not a jet, but if idzik signed him, they'd be saying how we are the best defense in the nfl, and rex loves him and blah blah blah. they are jet fans who had their poor little feelings hurt because revis said FU to the jets.

get over it you fraking bunch oh hypocrites.

mrsryan

Actually, all reports state that the Jets are the ones who said FU to Revis, both last year and this year, but don't let a little thing like reality get in the way of your mensies rant.

This game simplifies itself when you invest heavily in players that are in the upward trajectory of their career in output. You lean dollars away from players who will give you diminishing returns on your investment through a deal.

Of course there are exceptions, when a team like the Broncos or Patriots feel they need to be "all in" because their window is closing. But the Jets are not in that situation.

Archived