My last appeal not to sign Vick

acupuncturejeff

I know there was a thread about this topic that went back and forth, but I figured I would give one more try to reach out to the Gods, my fellow fans, and the Jets management:

Please do not sign Vick.

I can go into numbers and the fact that the guy always gets hurt, but the main reason is the dog fighting/murdering for me.  I have heard other fans and Mr. Aggapido of Jet Nation ( whose opinion I do respect) say it will not be a circus if the Jets sign him.

Facts do not support this. 

Just last month, Vick was supposed to speak in North Carolina.  Thousands protested, and 67,000 signed a petition. Less than a year ago, Vick was going to do a book tour but it was cancelled as there were planned protests, and "credible death threats" towards Vick, the scheduled book retailers and the publishing company.

Also, last year, Vick was supposed to do a promotional event at Buffalo Wild Wings and that had to be cancelled as there were planned protests, more death threats.  Last year, a bar in Philadelphia had a "No Eagles" policy due to Vick.  When Vick decided to get a dog, there were headlines all over the country about it.  He has other autograph signings cancelled due to death threats

So, obviously, there is still a circus surrounding this guy. I understand that there are people that feel Vick served his time and deserves another chance, but regardless, Vick will bring the circus.

Do we really want a circus AGAIN?  Do you want thousand of protesters outside the Jets stadium, or the facility or Jet events?  Do you want to go to a Jets autograph event and have the story be Vick cancelled due to death threats? Do you want to go to football games and here people yell "Dog Killer"?  If Vick gets another dog, do we want the headlines to be about the Jets or Vick's new dog?  Do you want to sit down at thanksgiving and have a relative ask about the dog killer on your team?

and we want all of this for a guy who cannot even last a full year without getting hurt?  and we want this guy to be the mentor for our new young quarterback?

I hated what he did, but he served his time/punishment for offense if I am not mistaken..

If Jets think he is a different person now and realaized he was a ThugTurd and isnt anymore than its the American Way.. 2nd chance

Not saying I want him, but cant escape the fact that he would be a Vet QB who would walk in the door on Day One knowing Martys playbook better than Geno. He hits the field running and knows plays  in case he is needed due to injury or crap play of Geno.

I hated what he did, but he served his time/punishment for offense if I am not mistaken..

If Jets think he is a different person now and realaized he was a ThugTurd and isnt anymore than its the American Way.. 2nd chance

Not saying I want him, but cant escape the fact that he would be a Vet QB who would walk in the door on Day One knowing Martys playbook better than Geno. He hits the field running and knows plays  in case he is needed due to injury or crap play of Geno.

A guy who gets it!!

Like I said, I know that there are some people that forgive him for what he did.  Although, that does not mean everyone else has.  The recent multiple protests that I listed shows that not everyone else has. 

So, that means a circus of some sort will follow him, so why would any Jet fan want that?  For a guy that is not even that good. 

I don't care about the dog thing. Well, I do but it's not relevant. I don't want him because this isn't a win now team. We need to know if Geno is the guy and if he isn't we need to start looking for the guy next year.

Like I said, I know that there are some people that forgive him for what he did.  Although, that does not mean everyone else has.  The recent multiple protests that I listed shows that not everyone else has. 

So, that means a circus of some sort will follow him, so why would any Jet fan want that?  For a guy that is not even that good. 

At some point you have to trust your GM to do due diligence and not let the team be exposed to negative things. So, there is a good chance you are right and Idzik will pass, however, you have to be able to accept it if Idzik feels it 'can be contained' and team will be better for signing him, then 'it is what it is' and move on.

I'd say it 25% chance we sign him. I thought higher % until Fitzpatrick was cut by Titans.. Fitz would make a nice vet fit and is brilliant XsOs guy who will absorb playbook quickly.

i disagree. imo, he hasnt served his punishment. imo his punishment wasnt even severe enough. he's a pos and i can never root for such a vile person

i disagree. imo, he hasnt served his punishment. imo his punishment wasnt even severe enough. he's a pos and i can never root for such a vile person

respect your opinion. I think it was vile also, but I believe in system and he served his 'time', and IF Idzik background check shows he is a different person, than kudos for turning his life around.. many dont , and end up still being a ThugTurd all life..time will tell

respect your opinion. I think it was vile also, but I believe in system and he served his 'time', and IF Idzik background check shows he is a different person, than kudos for turning his life around..

do you truly believe in this system? a system where someone growing marijuana can go to prison longer than someone who killed another person? the system has its merits, but its also tremendously flawed. idk if its more baout justics or more about prosecutor vs defense attorney at this point.

At some point you have to trust your GM to do due diligence and not let the team be exposed to negative things. So, there is a good chance you are right and Idzik will pass, however, you have to be able to accept it if Idzik feels it 'can be contained' and team will be better for signing him, then 'it is what it is' and move on.

I'd say it 25% chance we sign him. I thought higher % until Fitzpatrick was cut by Titans.. Fitz would make a nice vet fit and is brilliant XsOs guy who will absorb playbook quickly.

I cannot say I trust Izdik yet.  He is very new to me.  I have high hopes for him, but the fact that the guy was in negotiations with Vick already is not a good sign, imo.  Izdik might feel "it can be contained", but as I have shown there are current protests against Vick with thousands in attendance and also numerous death threats at multiple events shows me that this is not contained. 

do you truly believe in this system? a system where someone growing marijuana can go to prison longer than someone who killed another person? the system has its merits, but its also tremendously flawed. idk if its more baout justics or more about prosecutor vs defense attorney at this point.

?? different system issue.. 

I am only talking about 'served time'.. 

I agree there are inequities in laws/penalties, but what u mention is just a  Strawman..

I cannot say I trust Izdik yet.  He is very new to me.  I have high hopes for him, but the fact that the guy was in negotiations with Vick already is not a good sign, imo.  Izdik might feel "it can be contained", but as I have shown there are current protests against Vick with thousands in attendance and also numerous death threats at multiple events shows me that this is not contained. 

be careful when u say 'thousands' LOL. I live in NC and people werent running into streets to protest,,PETA and other groups made huge door to door effort and took to streets to get signatures.. and they hit all the colleges bigtime, NCSU, UNC, Duke

Like I said I hated what he DID.. But people shouldnt be branded for life IF they have turned life around and learned lesson... I just dont know if he has,. I have to trust GM fo rthat..

?? different system issue.. 

I am only talking about 'served time'.. 

I agree there are inequities in laws/penalties, but what u mention is just a  Strawman..

i'm talking about punishment as related to the crime. its my opinion that a convicted felon has no business being allowed to play professional sports. i don't believe that michael vick shoudl be allowed a place in the nfl....therefore i certainly dont believe he should be quarterbacking the team i root for. if he does, i am no longer a jets fan. plain and simple. i think he's that big of a piece of sh*t. and if the jets let him play the jets are a piece of sh*t too.

i'm talking about punishment as related to the crime. its my opinion that a convicted felon has no business being allowed to play professional sports. i don't believe that michael vick shoudl be allowed a place in the nfl....therefore i certainly dont believe he should be quarterbacking the team i root for. if he does, i am no longer a jets fan. plain and simple. i think he's that big of a piece of sh*t. and if the jets let him play the jets are a piece of sh*t too.

respect your opinion, maybe felons shouldnt be allowed if it passed the NFLPA lawyers LOL, , but if that the case, look at history of Producers / actors and stop going to movies also and stop watching TV or reading Newspapers or Internet sites cause of the crimes many execs have committed.. 

I don't like Vick either. I think he has served his 'time' and the dog thing is not an issue for me. Vick's injury history leaves me thinking he is not going to play much and the Eagles did everything they could to replace him the minute they signed him. Jets need to sign a solid veteran to push Geno to his full potential. I like Jason Campbell in that role. He can still play and he would come cheap which seems to be Idzik's MAIN preference.

be careful when u say 'thousands' LOL. I live in NC and people werent running into streets to protest,,PETA and other groups made huge door to door effort and took to streets to get signatures.. and they hit all the colleges bigtime, NCSU, UNC, Duke

Like I said I hated what he DID.. But people shouldnt be branded for life IF they have turned life around and learned lesson... I just dont know if he has,. I have to trust GM fo rthat..

I said thousands, because that is what the articles said. I did not make it up. If it is true PETA and other groups made a big effort  that probably means they are going to do it NYC as well, and there is a possibility that there were be even more people ( due to the fact that NYC has a bigger population and probably more animal lovers than in the south).

thousand or hundreds, I do not want that at Jets events or games.

I cannot give a blank trust card to the GM.  When Vick came out of prison, most teams purposely announced they would not sign Vick, those GM's I respect and trust.  Before free agency started, there were multiple teams that needed quarterbacks.  The only two that expressed interest in Vick were the Raiders ( big suprise) and the Jets ( a true suprise for a team I love)

Either way, the reason for my post was not to hear if people thought he served his time or should he be forgiven or is he a changed man.

my point was that there is a some sort of circus following this guy, do we want that circus on our team, all for a guy who gets hurt every year he plays?  Or a circus for a guy that is just sitting on the bench?

I wish there was at least this much of an uproar against players who committed equally heinous crimes against humans. At least he paid for his crimes unlike most athletes.

I dunno about that.  hanging and drowning is pretty bad

I wish there was at least this much of an uproar against players who committed equally heinous crimes against humans. At least he paid for his crimes unlike most athletes.

who said there is not?  I do not want any player that has strangled a human with his own two hands either

You don't have to forgive someone to give them a second chance. In fact it is usually what someone does with that second chance that determines whether forgiveness is earned. He has done everything and more than anyone could expect since being released.

I said thousands, because that is what the articles said. I did not make it up. If it is true PETA and other groups made a big effort  that probably means they are going to do it NYC as well, and there is a possibility that there were be even more people ( due to the fact that NYC has a bigger population and probably more animal lovers than in the south).

thousand or hundreds, I do not want that at Jets events or games.

I cannot give a blank trust card to the GM.  When Vick came out of prison, most teams purposely announced they would not sign Vick, those GM's I respect and trust.  Before free agency started, there were multiple teams that needed quarterbacks.  The only two that expressed interest in Vick were the Raiders ( big suprise) and the Jets ( a true suprise for a team I love)

what I meant was thousands didnt proactively seek out to sign,,there was a major effort to get signatures on campuses etc,, most folks say 'oh ya, ok , I'll sign, especially college kids, LOL

Either way, the reason for my post was not to hear if people thought he served his time or should he be forgiven or is he a changed man.

my point was that there is a some sort of circus following this guy, do we want that circus on our team, all for a guy who gets hurt every year he plays? Or a circus for a guy that is just sitting on the bench?

They thought it would be a circus in Philly if he signed. It was not. Then they said it would be a circus if he was extended. It was not. You really think the outrage will be worse now years afterward? So maybe it will breathe a little life into people who want to use him changing teams as one last shot to rev up the manufactured outrage machine and act like this is relevant like when he first got out of prison. To think it will suddenly manifest into something bigger than it did in Philly is ignoring the evidence.

As a dog owner,what he did disgusts me. It should haunt him until he dies. 314322_4268004181390_163210879_n.jpg1095039_10201436874986857_585948103_n.jp

But the real problem with signing him is he is old, always hurt and only looking for a big payday.  And his talent is fading fast. PASS

Vick's been a good teammate in Philly, well liked in the locker room. Him coming here would be nothing but positive for Geno imo. Obviously Vick's past transgressions are tough to look past, but he seems to be a changed guy and having a black QB mentor a young black QB in New York..I mean that would help imo. He'd take some pressure off of Geno even if he's not playing.

Vick's been a good teammate in Philly, well liked in the locker room. Him coming here would be nothing but positive for Geno imo. Obviously Vick's past transgressions are tough to look past, but he seems to be a changed guy and having a black QB mentor a young black QB in New York..I mean that would help imo. He'd take some pressure off of Geno even if he's not playing.

and he knows Martys Playbook better than Geno the second he walks in locker room :)

Many NFL players are thugs look at the history. Many just didn't get caught at what they did and many did. Vick served his time handed to him by the judicial system for which this Country relies on to punish criminals. He served his time nothing can bring the dogs back or change what he did but that's in the past time to move on.

I know there was a thread about this topic that went back and forth, but I figured I would give one more try to reach out to the Gods, my fellow fans, and the Jets management:

Please do not sign Vick.

I can go into numbers and the fact that the guy always gets hurt, but the main reason is the dog fighting/murdering for me.  I have heard other fans and Mr. Aggapido of Jet Nation ( whose opinion I do respect) say it will not be a circus if the Jets sign him.

Facts do not support this. 

Just last month, Vick was supposed to speak in North Carolina.  Thousands protested, and 67,000 signed a petition. Less than a year ago, Vick was going to do a book tour but it was cancelled as there were planned protests, and "credible death threats" towards Vick, the scheduled book retailers and the publishing company.

Also, last year, Vick was supposed to do a promotional event at Buffalo Wild Wings and that had to be cancelled as there were planned protests, more death threats.  Last year, a bar in Philadelphia had a "No Eagles" policy due to Vick.  When Vick decided to get a dog, there were headlines all over the country about it.  He has other autograph signings cancelled due to death threats

So, obviously, there is still a circus surrounding this guy. I understand that there are people that feel Vick served his time and deserves another chance, but regardless, Vick will bring the circus.

Do we really want a circus AGAIN?  Do you want thousand of protesters outside the Jets stadium, or the facility or Jet events?  Do you want to go to a Jets autograph event and have the story be Vick cancelled due to death threats? Do you want to go to football games and here people yell "Dog Killer"?  If Vick gets another dog, do we want the headlines to be about the Jets or Vick's new dog?  Do you want to sit down at thanksgiving and have a relative ask about the dog killer on your team?

and we want all of this for a guy who cannot even last a full year without getting hurt?  and we want this guy to be the mentor for our new young quarterback?

Thats absolutely hilarious. The human race is doomed, and its Michael Vicks fault. 

I hope the Jets sign this guy just because I know its going to mindfvck so many people. Cant wait to see "Occupy ASPCA". Ridiculous. 

From what i read Vick wanted to be guaranteed that he would be the opening day starter. JETS told him it will be a competition. He was willing to wait till after the draft. Its a wait and watch.

I like what the JETS did here. It also gives a rare glimpse that the have more belief in Geno than they are letting on.

Archived