Marty Attends Brandin Cooks' Proday

BroadwayJoe12

Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg attended the pro day of Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks, a player New York has reportedly been "all over."
Cooks is a dynamic slot receiver that also possess the ability to stretch the field. He has the stop-start quickness of Tavon Austin, but is a more polished route runner and has a better understanding of how to get open. Cooks would be a welcome addition to a Jets' offense desperately in need of weapons. Cooks or North Carolina TE Eric Ebron would make a lot of sense for the Jets at pick 18. Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter Mar 15 - 10:25 AM
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Outside of rotoworld's blurb about Ebron, I'm really enjoying all the interest the Jets are putting into the WR position.  My three favorite for the Jets have been Lee, Beckham and Cooks and apparently the Jets have shown major interest in both Lee and Beckham.  My preference still goes Lee, Beckham then Cooks, but it's more like Lee and then a wash between the next two.  Either way, it's nice to see them put emphasis on this side of the ball.

I could get with that. I don't see the Jets picking Ebron. I know BAP and all...but him and Cumberland do the same thing.

Really couldn't agree more, never have been a huge fan of Ebron to be honest. He just reminds too much of a slightly taller version of Dustin Keller. Although Keller's problem never was talent, he just never seemed like a football player to be.  I prefer my TEs to be like Jason Witten and while everyone would love the next Jimmy Graham, I'm not sure chasing one because he fits that mold is a smart idea. 

Archived