All things DRC (merged Eleventy Quintillion times)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, the jets conducted their physical with him on Saturday.  I'm sure his agent will place a call to the Jets with the financials before he signs with anybody.

#emmanuelsanders'd

yup, and if #s are beneficial to jets in 2014 AND beyond idzik will sign him, if not, adios

Manish Mehta & #8207;@MMehtaNYDN 3h

Jets & Giants battle over free-agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Jets source: "We better get him."

Since you're new here, I'll let you in on a little secret:  Manish Mehta is one of the worst beat reporters you will ever find, for any team.  The Daily News is nothing but a tabloid now.  He's famous for making up quotes, creating imaginary sources, and basically being totally ******* clueless at his job.

u r right as usual, and I am faorly confifdent idzik will pass rather than over pay.. If DRC is a Jet its cause the money made sense..we arent at a position SW=wise yet to overpay..

Seattle GM schenider (where idzik is from) took over in 2010 and basically built via draft until the tea,m was SAB worth and spent nice bucks in 2013 FA week..

This isn't true at all.  Look at how the Seahawks traded, signed, found undrafted players.     They are a team who pretty much built through players nobody else wanted or thought were good.  They also traded for Marshawn Lynch,  Charlie Whitehurts,  signed Matt Flynn, traded for Percy Harvin, etc.

And the Seahawks found a lot of guys in rounds 4-7 who became really good.  But when people say "seahawks built through the draft" they kind of miss the point of how that team was built.      

The sad thing is, if any of you are part of the "Largest Jets Facebook Group," over 99% of the people on there are like MatthewPLP, including the creator. I thought it was bad on here, that place is a f*cking nightmare. Every move another team makes is a fatal missed opportunity by the Jets, even if it's a player we were never interested in and every move we make is the same.  I'm not sure how these people make it through their every-day life without having an emotional breakdown.

The sad thing is, if any of you are part of the "Largest Jets Facebook Group," over 99% of the people on there are like MatthewPLP, including the creator. I thought it was bad on here, that place is a f*cking nightmare. Every move another team makes is a fatal missed opportunity by the Jets, even if it's a player we were never interested in and every move we make is the same. I'm not sure how these people make it through their every-day life without having an emotional breakdown.

When you can execute moves in Madden, it's expected.

This isn't true at all.  Look at how the Seahawks traded, signed, found undrafted players.     They are a team who pretty much built through players nobody else wanted or thought were good.  They also traded for Marshawn Lynch,  Charlie Whitehurts,  signed Matt Flynn, traded for Percy Harvin, etc.

And the Seahawks found a lot of guys in rounds 4-7 who became really good.  But when people say "seahawks built through the draft" they kind of miss the point of how that team was built.      

And Lynch is the only one that's really made an impact for that team.  And what about Wilson?  Leading up the draft the only knock I can recall about him was his height.

They draft smart as you said by the guys they find in rounds 4-7.  That's why they won a SB.  

Is it possible that Idzik will actually run out Milliner, Walls, Wilson, Landry and Allen as our DBs? Yikes.

Maybe Millner will be great, but it's asking a lot for a second year guy to be "The Guy" on a team who pretty much relies on CBs to be everything all the time.    And considering Millner pretty much stunk for most of last year, was benched multiple times,  it's a huge assumption that  he will be that guy.    He had a nice December, but people seem to forget a lot o teams have great decembers followed by crappy seasons.   Lets just hope he can handle all the pressure if they don't sign anybody else.    And drafting a CB will do what?   Have a rookie struggle all season long and put even more pressure on Millner?   Put more pressure on Wilson who pretty much as been terrible if not put in the right spot.

I'd be a little disappointed in Idzik if we didn't step up and sign DRC. This year we have the potential to make the playoffs, I wouldn't say superbowl but we definitely will be able to make the playoffs. Now having said that, I understand we plan to make the draft as useful as possible by probably going BPA, but the bottom line is, we have many needs. Especially in the secondary. Milliner needs time, we know that. But across the field we have Kyle Wilson, who isn't bad, but his penalties need to stop and he's better in the slot. We need a guy across from Milliner. DRC is solid and we need a better secondary. Also, while it's possible to draft well enough to be a superbowl contending team, it's probably not going to happen in 2014. 2015 is out year on the other hand. If we don't step up now and sign DRC, that means if Dee Milliner proves to be a bust, we'll need two corners next year. So with that said, I needed to vent a little bit because it'd make me think less of Idzik if he allowed the last talented corner this free agency go. Not to mention the Giants cannot afford him. I know there's Antonio, but I don't want another disappointing year from him due to his hip. Ugh let's go jets. 

Look, you don't win the SB in the Free Agency period. Teams that do well and continue with long term success build through the draft and wait till they have a huge need to address through the FA period. Putting yourself in CAP HELL does nothing for you from a long term stability position. I believe that Idzik knws what he is doing and we need to give him a few years before we lay down judgment. ALSO, about last year's draft, remember that the vast majority of scouts were leftovers from the tanny regime. NOw, I believe that he has several scouts that he personally hired. We can start valuing his picks this year.

LL

Look, you don't win the SB in the Free Agency period. Teams that do well and continue with long term success build through the draft and wait till they have a huge need to address through the FA period. Putting yourself in CAP HELL does nothing for you from a long term stability position. I believe that Idzik knws what he is doing and we need to give him a few years before we lay down judgment. ALSO, about last year's draft, remember that the vast majority of scouts were leftovers from the tanny regime. NOw, I believe that he has several scouts that he personally hired. We can start valuing his picks this year.

LL

Agreed.  But I think regarding DRC, this would be a nice signing that doesn't go against our long-term philosophy.  At just 27 years old, he'd be our "Decker on defense"; a guy who we can hope to keep around until at least his early 30's.

The best thing about the Decker signing was that it affirmed we're doing SOMETHING right.  Normally for a team like us you'd have to overpay to get a guy here because they don't buy us being a contender.  If DRC comes too and he signs deal that doesn't destroy us cap-wise, Idzik will be on his way to a strong grade this offseason.

Manish Mehta & #8207;@MMehtaNYDN 3h

Jets & Giants battle over free-agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Jets source: "We better get him."

Browns get involved and somehow, as if by miracle...Manish, Cimini, and the turd squad have sources......geez I hope Petine goes 0 and 16

Dan Grazianoþ@DanGrazianoESPN·48 secs

Per Adam Schefter: DRC, Giants agree on 5 year deal.

Wow, Idzik is getting played badly this off-season. Just pathetic. The Giants were no better than the Jets last year and they had half as much cap space, but that hasn't stopped a well-run organization like the Giants from making important improvements. The Jets look like ****ing morons.

Wow, Idzik is getting played badly this off-season. Just pathetic. The Giants were no better than the Jets last year and they had half as much cap space, but that hasn't stopped a well-run organization like the Giants from making important improvements. The Jets look like ****ing morons.

We're not giving out five year deals for inconsistent scrubs.

Archived