All things DRC (merged Eleventy Quintillion times)

Im really want to know what kind of money hes asking for

I would assume that he is asking for US Dollars. I can't see him asking for unmarked bills though.

(Terrible joke, but it is late lol) Sorry.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet they have a lot of sheep in Wyoming to keep you busy huh.

Actually it's more like elk and bison; although I'm sure you don't know much about zoology or geology. I actually have good back country skiing, and other things to keep me busy, one of the main reasons I moved out here from New York... and to get away from unintelligent, annoying people such as yourself.

Why give him an extension when you weren't going to give him any quality players to coach? The team has holes to fill. Spend some money and sign some free agents. Draft players. Add competition to the roster. Make players fight for positions. Can't do that if there are open holes on the roster.

What kind of competition will there be against players with big contracts? They're going to start and the draft picks will get pushed down the depth chart.

What kind of competition will there be against players with big contracts? They're going to start and the draft picks will get pushed down the depth chart.

OK, we'll let Wilkerson and Snacks walk so we don't limit the potential of our 1st and second yr. players.

Don't want to pay our guys so we don't inhibit the draft picks.

Giants had 6mm before the Thurmond signing. I just don't see how DRC lands there

Ya, unless they cut someone or restructure, my guess is DRC mtg cancelled,,he probably over priced himself,,I doubt Idzik bites at 9M,,we will pass unless he comes down to earth

Giants had 6mm before the Thurmond signing. I just don't see how DRC lands there

All depends how u structure contract giants are set to have around 50 mil in cap next year apparently so if they could mamage a low cap hit tis possible they sign DRC(However highly unlikely now that they signed walter thurmond)

$50? Holy crap. How?

Ya appaerently that is the rumored number. 3 of the biggest contract cap hits are rolle snee and kiwanuka are done

Also they have main free agents in jpp and amukamara.

Its projected to be around 50 but everything i see will probably make it drop down into 40s.

A good amount will be used for eli extension and re signing jpp and prince.

The point though is if teams like denver and saints and pats who are against the cap then im sure anyone can get creative enough to make a deal with drc

They can extend Rolle or Eli any time. I think if there's one thing the Pats and Broncos have shown this year, the cap means nothing, especially if it's stretched out as planned in 2015, 2016.

Agreed . We need another solid starter opposite Milliner. I'm getting worried with the Pats loading up on CB's and trying desperately to resign Edelman. 

Iggy let DR-C go to the bathroom, just like Pettigrew and just like Pettigrew DR-C will sign SOMEPLACE else. Ask John Elway, who seems to be a master at closing deals, that once you have their attention you must get them to sign.

Need to get Jones signed. The only real legitimate option left at WR that we can bring in to help Geno (or whoever else is going to be our QB next season). Spend a little money John!

Jones isn't that good. I don't think he will do much here

Iggy let DR-C go to the bathroom, just like Pettigrew and just like Pettigrew DR-C will sign SOMEPLACE else. Ask John Elway, who seems to be a master at closing deals, that once you have their attention you must get them to sign.

Yeah, that Elway really is a master of closing deals.  He closed the **** out of DRC.

Word is that Jonathan Joseph may be a cap casualty. That would be a huge pickup

great example on the many things a good GM has to keep track of and how you can save money in these ways as opposed to over paying during 1st week of FA

Thanks BG314, but I don't see anything that suggests him getting cut.  If anything, he sounds amenable to a restructure to NOT leave the team.

Reading the coverage of the Houston Texans... 

Dave Zangaro of CSNHouston.com recounts the thoughts of tight end Owen Daniels and cornerback Johnathan Joseph regarding whether or not they'd restructure their deals if asked. Speaking at Andre Johnson's charity event benefiting the Houston Area Women's Center, both players said that while the Texans hadn't asked, they'd be willing to help the team. Worth noting here: Joseph restructured his deal before the 2012 season to help the Texans' give Matt Schaub a contract extension. 

Both players also talked about their rehab, writes Drew Dougherty of HoustonTexans.com. Joseph's is "going great" after January surgery to repair a torn toe ligament. He isn't sure when he'll be back to work, but said it will be in time for football. Daniels, whose injury came 10 weeks prior to Joseph's said his leg feels like the break in it never happened. 

Case Keenum is upbeat, writes Brian Smith of the Houston Chronicle. Keenum suffered a thumb injury late in the season and his hand healed without needing any surgery. 

The Chronicle's John McClain offers quick-hit thoughts on each of the Texans restricted and unrestricted free agents

And now, onto the real start of free agency.

Thanks BG314, but I don't see anything that suggests him getting cut.  If anything, he sounds amenable to a restructure to NOT leave the team.

ya, thats where 'folks' get a phone call thru to his agent letting him know if he doesnt restructure he could make XX $ with 'insert team making call to agent'

ya, thats where 'folks' get a phone call thru to his agent letting him know if he doesnt restructure he could make XX $ with 'insert team making call to agent'

That would be tampering.  I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but Idzik doesn't strike me as the type to play it that way. 

So then if the cap means nothing, what is the basis for our off season strategy exactly?

Well, you cannot restructure and extend indefinitely without going over.  The shell game can work for a while, but eventually comes back to bite you in the a$$.  The longer you play it, the harder it bites.

Honest question. You don't think there was a wink wink deal between the pats and Revis before he was cut?

I wouldn't be surprised if BB had this deal in place two years ago.  But I don't look to New England, or Revis, as a model of ethical business practice. 

Idzik strikes me as a boy scout type--perhaps that's his cover, I don't know.  He's too new to start getting a bad rep in this league for under-handed stuff; he has a long career ahead of him, whereas Belichick might be unafraid to pull out all the stops on his way out. 

(As I type this, isn't it funny that the world knows the name of the Jets' GM, but to this day, I'm not sure who's running the show in New England outside of BB and Kraft. I just assume they make all of the decisions up there).  

Archived