All things DRC (merged Eleventy Quintillion times)

The Giants will give free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie a physical on Monday.

Physicals are generally routine on free agent visits, but it sounds like this one could be the precursor to a signing. The Giants have aggressively revamped their secondary, landing Walter Thurmond and Quintin Demps while re-signing Trumaine McBride and Stevie Brown. DRC would be an impact cherry on top.
Related: Giants

Good stuff!

Thanks.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m

Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is spending the night in New York so he can undergo a physical Monday with the Giants, per source.

Well this just sucks. History repeating itself, we'll have to beg A. Cro back on to the team. This team is not headed anywhere until Idzik gets his head out of his ***

This time, the holdup is Woody.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Browns are "lurking" in the bidding for free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

In Cleveland, DRC could team with Joe Haden to give new coach Mike Pettine one of the league's most talented cornerback tandems. Rodgers-Cromartie will be in New York until Monday, where he's been meeting with the Jets and Giants. Rapoport suggested on Twitter Sunday that the holdup in talks with the Jets is whether owner Woody Johnson will be willing to pony up enough money.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Browns are "lurking" in the bidding for free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

In Cleveland, DRC could team with Joe Haden to give new coach Mike Pettine one of the league's most talented cornerback tandems. Rodgers-Cromartie will be in New York until Monday, where he's been meeting with the Jets and Giants. Rapoport suggested on Twitter Sunday that the holdup in talks with the Jets is whether owner Woody Johnson will be willing to pony up enough money.

Woody Johnson is the reason we didn't do much in free agency I apologize to John Idzik for all the ridicule I posted.

It seems to be the Giants or Jets for DRC.... we'll see.

Retweeted by Ian Rapoport

Dan Hanzus ‏@DanHanzus · 6m

As @RapSheet notes, DRC already took physical with Jets. He'll take one with Giants tomorrow. #keepcalmandcarryon

if it is indeed a 2 team race between the giants and the jets, why take the physical for the giants if you are leaning towards the jets. don't look good for the jets

Maybe the hold up is DRC's agent. He did walk away from a 54 million dollar contract or a 1 year 10 million dollar contract to be technical. 

Maybe these guys are looking for more than 10 million a year or looking for ridiculous guaranteed money. 

Watch whoever drafts Dennard wind up with a much better CB than gutless DRC.   This POS shares the Cromarte no-hit gene and talked  about quitting the NFL after 5 years -- he's been in 6 years.  'Eff him. 

you may be right. Im huge on this guy from Rice Phillip Gaines. This kid is nasty. Its funny how NFL.com says that he's not equipped to handle man-to-man responsibility and that he lacks desirable speed when all the guy does is break up passes as he blankets defenders and ran a 4.38 at the combine. 

you may be right. Im huge on this guy from Rice Phillip Gaines. This kid is nasty. Its funny how NFL.com says that he's not equipped to handle man-to-man responsibility and that he lacks desirable speed when all the guy does is break up passes as he blankets defenders and ran a 4.38 at the combine. 

I am not familiar with Gaines -- have to check him out.

Woody: Who?

Idzik: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Woody: Is he related to...

Idzik: Antonio? Yes.

Woody: Antonio Rodgers? The Green Bay quarterbacker?

Idzik: No.

Woody: Who?

Idzik: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

Woody: Is he related to...

Idzik: Antonio? Yes.

Woody: Antonio Rodgers? The Green Bay quarterbacker?

Idzik: No.

Woody: I invented the waterproof band aid, you know.

Idzik: Really? I had no idea.

Woody: I kept pee peeing down my leg and it STUNG. Daddy told me I did good.

Idzik: Back to Cromartie, we're in pretty good cap shape, Mr. Johnson.

Woody: I have Jets cap. It's green!

Idzik: Yes I see that. (calling into hallway) REX!!

You have a dog?... hmm. Didn't see that coming, makes me have a little bit of respect for you. Unless it's a poodle.

You have a dog?... hmm. Didn't see that coming, makes me have a little bit of respect for you. Unless it's a poodle.

Awww that's sweet.  You're not such a bad chap after all.  My dog is so cool smokin hot chicks stop me in the street to play with him......all the time.

Unfortunately, they just want to talk to the dog LOL.   

But seriously, Maximus is the coolest dog. He has an incredible power that melts people's heart. Truly, an amazing entity. But can you guess his breed?

post-25718-0-53843000-1395027352_thumb.j

Woody: I invented the waterproof band aid, you know.

Idzik: Really? I had no idea.

Woody: I kept pee peeing down my leg and it STUNG. Daddy told me I did good.

Idzik: Back to Cromartie, we're in pretty good cap shape, Mr. Johnson.

Woody: I have Jets cap. It's green!

Idzik: Yes I see that. (calling into hallway) REX!!

Rex: Yeah, whattya need, Johnny?

Idzik: I was explaining to Woody here about the need to go to $49 million dollars for Rodgers-Cromartie. I was hoping you could...

Rex: $49 mil? Woo, that's a lot of money.

Woody: Sure is!

Rex: Johnny, did you know that Woody invented the water-proof band-aid?

Idzik: Yes, I...

Woody: You pee on it and it still sticks!

Rex: it's true. I tested it out myself.

Woody: That's my guy!

Rex: Haha! So, Woodman, I'll bet you sold more than $49 million dollars in piss-proof band-aids last year, am I right?

Woody: Oh, ahhhhhhhh, I see what you did there! Haha!

Here's the actual tweet:

It’s really a question of how much Woody Johnson would be OK spending RT @FGugliara: @RapSheet are jets finally going to offer DRC a deal?

As in, that's a really poor way of framing what was obviously a purely speculative exchange.

Rex: Yeah, whattya need, Johnny?

Idzik: I was explaining to Woody here about the need to go to $49 million dollars for Rodgers-Cromartie. I was hoping you could...

Rex: $49 mil? Woo, that's a lot of money.

Woody: Sure is!

Rex: Johnny, did you know that Woody invented the water-proof band-aid?

Idzik: Yes, I...

Woody: You pee on it and it still sticks!

Rex: it's true. I tested it out myself.

Woody: That's my guy!

Rex: Haha! So, Woodman, I'll bet you sold more than $49 million dollars in piss-proof band-aids last year, am I right?

Woody: Oh, ahhhhhhhh, I see what you did there! Haha!

(Idzik's Secretary, Marsha calls over the intercom)

Marsha: Mr. Idzik, there's a Richie Incognito here to see you.

Idzik: Send him in, Marsha. Rex, can you take Woody for a walk?

(Enter Incognito in hospital pj's and disposable slippers)

Your turn, Shane.

(Idzik's Secretary, Marsha calls over the intercom)

Marsha: Mr. Idzik, there's a Richie Incognito here to see you.

Idzik: Send him in, Marsha. Rex, can you take Woody for a walk?

(Enter Incognito in hospital pj's and disposable slippers)

Your turn, Shane.

Incognito: Heyyyyy, what's with all the coyotes on the lawn?

Idzik: Hello, Richie. Listen, we need a guy, like you, to come here and provide some toughness, some attitude.

Incognito: Attitude.

Idzik: We can give you the minimum, whattya say?

Incognito: Is Mangold still here?

Idzik: Yep, yep. Nick is still our center.

Incognito: Is Ferguson still here?

Idzik: yep. Sure is.

Incognito: They're weak, and frail. I'd very much like to eat them. Like veal.

Idzik: yes, yes. That's the attitude we need here.

Incognito: Who else?

Idzik: Well, we just signed Breno Giacomini. He's...

Incognito: Sounds Italian.

Idzik: Brazilian, I think. I...

Incognito: Like Mussolini.

Idzik: Close. Yeah. Close enough.

Incognito: Fascists. I want to eat him. Like spaghetti.

Pony up enough money? This dude got like $35 mil to go to catch up to the other teams... So he wants to charge fans outrageous prices for tickets, food, etc etc but than be cheap and pocket are hard earned cash?  F woody

Pony up enough money? This dude got like $35 mil to go to catch up to the other teams... So he wants to charge fans outrageous prices for tickets, food, etc etc but than be cheap and pocket are hard earned cash?  F woody

If they Gave DRC 10 million for 4 years I wouldnt be too upset. It depends what the guaranteed money is looking like though. The Jets do have alot of money and they havent even released Sanchez yet. 

Idzik: Hello, Richie. Listen, we need a guy, like you, to come here and provide some toughness, some attitude.

that's funny! I'd sign Incognito if he ate some Chitlins (Eugene's fav food)

(Rex bursts in, Woody lagging behind)

Rex: What the hell, Dizzy, heard you pressed the security button...

Idzik: Well, Mr. Incognito here is looking for a job.  

Rex: Jeezus!  He looks like Mongo!  Mind if I call you Mongo, son?

Incognito: Yes.  I mind a lot.

Rex:  Great!  Listen Mongo, you're just the type of guy we need here.  Tough, snazzy dresser, really large head!  Perfect.

Woody: I like his shirt.  Pale blue.  No buttons.

Rex: Here, hold my phone you little hard-on.  Try to get three candies in a row.  Real brainteaser.

Idzik: If you all left, it would please me a great deal.

Woody:  Deal?  For Mongo?  What are we talking?  Three years, 4 million, per?

Idzik: God no.  

Icognito: The little guy.  What's he driving?

Rex:  Helicopter, mother****er!  You like aircraft?  Whattya say Dizzy?  Take him for a spin?

Woody: Me too!  OOH OOH take me!  Take Me!

Incognito:  I want to kill it.  The helicopter.

Rex:  Well hell, we can arrange that!  Dizzy, call for a stepladder and a baseball bat!  Tell'em to tie a butterfly net to the bat.

Idzik:  Why on earth would i do that?

Rex:  Mongo's gonna climb the ladder and woody's gonna tease him from the helicopter while we buzz past him!  I'll video the whole thing!

Woody:  C'mon, Mongo!  We're gonna play King Kong!

Idzik:  Now that they're gone, you don't really want to sign this guy, do you?

Rex:  Aww hell, i called ahead.  We're gonna sweep him with the tail rotor a few times.  No worries.

Idzik:  Thank god.

Rex:  But if he should catch the ******* chopper with the butterfly net, i'm thinking six years, 3 mil per.  You can figure out the guaranteed crap.

No idea if these guys are legit everytime but

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 2h

UPDATE: Can confirm reports connecting Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Mario Manningham to the Giants. Deals should be finalized on the AM

Damn. The Giants have made about 6 or 7 moves that improved their team on a very limited budget. Nothing flashy, but good solid improvements. We have twice their budget and haven't done half as much. If it wasn't for Decker, this off-season would be a full-fledged disaster for the Jets. It's close to that even with Decker.

Maybe Idzik wants to fire Rex but needs a better excuse than 8-8. Because at this point, we're looking like a sub .500 team next season.

if it is indeed a 2 team race between the giants and the jets, why take the physical for the giants if you are leaning towards the jets. don't look good for the jets

He already took a physical with the Jets. Seems to be a routine physical though.

Damn. The Giants have made about 6 or 7 moves that improved their team on a very limited budget. Nothing flashy, but good solid improvements. We have twice their budget and haven't done half as much. If it wasn't for Decker, this off-season would be a full-fledged disaster for the Jets. It's close to that even with Decker.

Maybe Idzik wants to fire Rex but needs a better excuse than 8-8. Because at this point, we're looking like a sub .500 team next season.

Ya ive been veey pleased with the giants moves this offseason.

As for the jets im sure idzik has some bigger plan to this but so far with the players the jets have been linked to there Was no reason for hm to break the bank for any of them

Although i felt they should have made a play for byrd or ward. Other than that i dont see many problems. Losing howard wasnt a big loss and no need to overspend on recievers. Decker is solid then they have there shot to land a number 1 reciever in the draft. TE class was weak so im not suprised he didnt go after anylne big time

Archived