All things DRC (merged Eleventy Quintillion times)

Do you think Cromartie was that much of a pussy with the Jets?

Absolutely not. I think he gave all he had for Rex. Unfortunately, he had several injury ridden wks last yr but he still played to the best of his abilities. I don't think anybody in NY ever questioned his guts...until now. Those that are questioning him, only seems to have seen one play of his in his entire career, so u get the picture.

I still feel Cro will be healthy in 2014 and can step right into the starting role n play at #1 CB level. I'm assuming his hip injury wasn't permanent, however.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. The Giants have made about 6 or 7 moves that improved their team on a very limited budget. Nothing flashy, but good solid improvements. We have twice their budget and haven't done half as much. If it wasn't for Decker, this off-season would be a full-fledged disaster for the Jets. It's close to that even with Decker.

Maybe Idzik wants to fire Rex but needs a better excuse than 8-8. Because at this point, we're looking like a sub .500 team next season.

yet again the fates conspire to doom rex, when will he get a break?

yet again the fates conspire to doom rex, when will he get a break?

Indeed. Top 5 coach in the league. Why is everyone out to get him? Only Woody and the players are on his side. GM's, the media, jealous fans, etc. all want him out because they can't deal with a superstar coach like Rex.

Indeed. Top 5 coach in the league. Why is everyone out to get him? Only Woody and the players are on his side. GM's, the media, jealous fans, etc. all want him out because they can't deal with a superstar coach like Rex.

dont forget opposing teams, everytime they beat him his job gets a little harder

Yet you chose to respond to it. If it was that stupid we wouldn't need you to tell us, it would be self evident, right?

This was in response to him saying the exact same thing in another thread to me. I agree, posting something like this doesnt belong on this board at all. Some people like him get away with insulting and stalking posters on here all day for some reason.

Don't know if this was posted above (it's 12 hours old but I'm not scanning every post of every post in the past 12 hours to see if it was), but according to Manish "what this fire needs is more gasoline" Mehta, Rex "badly" wants DRC:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgers-cromartie

The NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Jets coach Rex Ryan wants to sign free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie "badly."
As Mehta notes, DRC is an "ideal fit" in Ryan's scheme as a press-man cover corner who can chase opposing top receivers. Rodgers-Cromartie's passion for football has long been questioned, but Rex has a knack for getting the most out of his players. DRC would be a huge upgrade on Antonio Cromartie in New York. Mar 16 - 8:46 PM

Don't know if this was posted above (it's 12 hours old but I'm not scanning every post of every post in the past 12 hours to see if it was), but according to Manish "what this fire needs is more gasoline" Mehta, Rex "badly" wants DRC:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgers-cromartie

The NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Jets coach Rex Ryan wants to sign free agent Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie "badly."

As Mehta notes, DRC is an "ideal fit" in Ryan's scheme as a press-man cover corner who can chase opposing top receivers. Rodgers-Cromartie's passion for football has long been questioned, but Rex has a knack for getting the most out of his players. DRC would be a huge upgrade on Antonio Cromartie in New York. Mar 16 - 8:46 PM

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Oh, what life would be like if Rex were GM...

Oh, what life would be like if Rex were GM...

I'm not saying it as though it would be stupid.  But I don't think Rex fully grasps that what one gives to one area he takes from another.  Also I think it's a quick dismissal of "nothing to see here"'s when a guy has 2 above-average seasons in his career, they were both in contract years, and the rest of the time he's either lazy or a total douche.

If we do swoop in and sign him last second, I hope it isn't for crazy-insane dollars.  DRC having great talent and having a great season in a contract year (again) doesn't mean we're buying a great player.  And the skills at his position often drop off rapidly rather than slowly.  He doesn't seem to be the safety-conversion type of CB, much like Antonio.

If the Giants get him, I would assume they are offering more money since he came to see us first.  Seems odd to think the Giants could offer more money than us, though.

Or they just offered more guarantees.  DRC is a tough guy to bet a few consecutive seasons on at top dollar.  If he takes a step back, which has been his history, there's no undoing it and we're not going to sign another one for a couple of years until his guaranteed money is finished being paid.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns have reportedly invited Pro Bowl cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Cleveland for a free agent visit, but it remains to be seen if the two New York teams will let him out of the Big Apple ... Rodgers-Cromartie spent the weekend in a New York state of mind, visiting with the Jets on Saturday and the Giants on Sunday ... he's scheduled to huddle with the Giants again on Monday ... the Browns have extended an invitation to the seventh-year pro, and he's likely to take the visit unless the Jets or Giants make him an offer he can't refuse.

wonder if giants still as interested now that they signed thurmond from SEA although apparently giants still want DRC "badly"

Walter Thurmond, Giants agree to one-year contract

The New York Giants entered free agency with an upgrade at cornerback as the highest priority.

After missing out on Alterraun Verner and others, the Giants agreed on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with former Seattle Seahawks cornerback Walter Thurmond, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday, per a person who had spoken with the player.

The deal was first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Signing Thurmond will not preclude the Giants from chasing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who is visiting the team Sunday. The Giants still want DRC "badly," according to Rapoport.

Thurmond was one of the NFL's premier nickelback's last season, netting 33 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and one interception. Entering free agency, he was ranked No. 7 on Around The League's list of the top 25 available defensive backs.

His market was perhaps depressed by last season's four-game suspension and checkered injury history, which includes a nasty broken leg and college knee injuries.

He met up with former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley in Jacksonville, but left without a contract. He later went back to the West Coast for a visit with the San Francisco 49ers.

The Giants are getting a talented young cornerback just entering his prime. The questions are whether Thurmond can stay healthy and if he has the size to handle a full-time role.

The "Around The League Podcast" breaks down all the free-agency moves and hands out a fleet of high-octane sandwiches.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334413/article/walter-thurmond-giants-agree-to-oneyear-contract 

Ya ive been veey pleased with the giants moves this offseason.

As for the jets im sure idzik has some bigger plan to this but so far with the players the jets have been linked to there Was no reason for hm to break the bank for any of them

Although i felt they should have made a play for byrd or ward. Other than that i dont see many problems. Losing howard wasnt a big loss and no need to overspend on recievers. Decker is solid then they have there shot to land a number 1 reciever in the draft. TE class was weak so im not suprised he didnt go after anylne big time

Hey quick question, and a serious one since you seem like a good fan and I don't come here to pick fights,...now that the Giants made some O line moves, and a new O coordinator ...who's fault will it be when Eli throws a million picks again this year?....According to the media and most Giant fans it is literally never his fault when he turns it over...its the O line, it's the reciver ran the wrong route,.it's the wind, it's the sun, it's locust.....I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Hey quick question, and a serious one since you seem like a good fan and I don't come here to pick fights,...now that the Giants made some O line moves, and a new O coordinator ...who's fault will it be when Eli throws a million picks again this year?....According to the media and most Giant fans it is literally never his fault when he turns it over...its the O line, it's the reciver ran the wrong route,.it's the wind, it's the sun, it's locust.....I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Seriously? That's the Mark Sanchez Story.

lol on the locust swarm.

i understand where u are coming from but having really read into the offense that gilbride ran and having watched all of the games, i can tell you that alot of it really isnt his fault, i know that sounds like total homerism but it really isnt

Let me start by saying Eli most certainly has his bad days and its not an eli manning game or season if u dont see him throw one specific pass where you say to yourself "what the **** was he doing there"

But at the same time last year i dont know if ive ever seen an offensive line so bad letting people in immediately, he took a beating and gilbride did not change up any of the setups, continued with the 7 step drops, no change whatsoever, add to that even though giants have had success with gilbrides offense its all predicated on option routes, read and react as the play happens and qb and wr both have to see the same thing and i saw it a million times qb reads it one way and the wr goes the other.

there new coordinator has talked about this and said watching film on eli from last year that its tough to run an offense this way because it is a big high risk high reward setup.

Honestly eli has his faults and i can accept the annoying picks at times but he is closer to the 2011- 2012 eli then 2013 eli last year, i expect a big bounce back year

I'm not saying it as though it would be stupid.  But I don't think Rex fully grasps that what one gives to one area he takes from another.  Also I think it's a quick dismissal of "nothing to see here"'s when a guy has 2 above-average seasons in his career, they were both in contract years, and the rest of the time he's either lazy or a total douche.

If we do swoop in and sign him last second, I hope it isn't for crazy-insane dollars.  DRC having great talent and having a great season in a contract year (again) doesn't mean we're buying a great player.  And the skills at his position often drop off rapidly rather than slowly.  He doesn't seem to be the safety-conversion type of CB, much like Antonio.

u r right as usual, and I am faorly confifdent idzik will pass rather than over pay.. If DRC is a Jet its cause the money made sense..we arent at a position SW=wise yet to overpay..

Seattle GM schenider (where idzik is from) took over in 2010 and basically built via draft until the tea,m was SAB worth and spent nice bucks in 2013 FA week..

Manish Mehta & #8207;@MMehtaNYDN 3h

Jets & Giants battle over free-agent CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Jets source: "We better get him."

His Jets source is that matthewplp guy. "we better get him or else it will lead to global famine and anarchy"

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns have reportedly invited Pro Bowl cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Cleveland for a free agent visit, but it remains to be seen if the two New York teams will let him out of the Big Apple ... Rodgers-Cromartie spent the weekend in a New York state of mind, visiting with the Jets on Saturday and the Giants on Sunday ... he's scheduled to huddle with the Giants again on Monday ... the Browns have extended an invitation to the seventh-year pro, and he's likely to take the visit unless the Jets or Giants make him an offer he can't refuse.

Scheduled? He's getting a physical today with the Giants...

Other teams running circles around the jets in FA

Scheduled? He's getting a physical today with the Giants...

Other teams running circles around the jets in FA

On the bright side, the jets conducted their physical with him on Saturday.  I'm sure his agent will place a call to the Jets with the financials before he signs with anybody.

#emmanuelsanders'd

Archived