Kenny Britt to visit New England Sunday

NYJetsVets91

How are they making all these signings?... Someone better go slap some sense into Idzik.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334395/article/kenny-britt-will-visit-new-england-patriots-on-sunday   Kenny Britt will visit New England Patriots on Sunday
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Lance Cartelli NFL.com
  • Published: March 15, 2014 at 08:20 p.m.
  • Updated: March 15, 2014 at 08:56 p.m.

The Kenny Britt free-agent tour marches on.

Free-Agent Tracker
0ap2000000276066.jpgFollow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minutetracking of 2014's free agents. More...

The former Tennessee Titans wide receiver is set to visit theNew England Patriots on Sunday after meeting with the St. Louis Rams on Friday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per a source informed of Britt's schedule.

The Patriots have been busy through the first week of free agency, signing cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner, while re-signing wide receiver Julian Edelman.

The first round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft presents an interesting case for a prospective team. Britt is a talented player that has been marred by knee injuries and off-the-field concerns, who's worth a flier from a team in need of a pass-catcher. He's ranked 31st in our best available free agents

Britt finished the 2013 regular season with 11 receptions for 96 yards and zero touchdowns after losing playing time to rookie Justin Hunter.

This would be a good signing for them.  He is a stand up guy, he can help clean up that locker room.

LOL!

By the way.... how's the wife holding up.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

LOL!

By the way.... how's the wife holding up.

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, it is a long road and chemo is never fun but she is doing great, thanks for asking! 

Look both Denver and the Pats are at the death throws of their all World Quaterbacks careers.

It's last chance saloon time. They are both loading for one final push at the Ring. The Jets are young and building. In two years the Pats will be junk with with no QB and a roster full of JAGS.

We are Seattle East :-)

Look both Denver and the Pats are at the death throws of their all World Quaterbacks careers.

It's last chance saloon time. They are both loading for one final push at the Ring. The Jets are young and building. In two years the Pats will be junk with with no QB and a roster full of JAGS.

Im not a " this" guy,..but ..this , this, and THIS.....I'm really blown away that more people don't get it.

the pats are loading up we are still rebuilding

Browner is 1 violation away from suspension. Britt is a mess. Lafell is a never was. Edelman only works in Pats system. Revis is great, but could end up in a different uniform next year.

I see them grasping at straws and spending money on a lot of either high-risk situations or mediocre players. I'm perfectly fine with us not throwing money around like this... We'd be stuck with these contracts for the next 3 years, minimum.

We can make that jump this year with some luck... it'd be great to go further in playoffs than both Denver and New England

Browner is 1 violation away from suspension. Britt is a mess. Lafell is a never was. Edelman only works in Pats system. Revis is great, but could end up in a different uniform next year.

I see them grasping at straws and spending money on a lot of either high-risk situations or mediocre players. I'm perfectly fine with us not throwing money around like this... We'd be stuck with these contracts for the next 3 years, minimum.

people said Welker only works in Pats system ,,,,,,

Fact is both Welker and Edleman are 2 of the best slot receivers in the NFL. The reason they work so well for Brady and Manning is because when Brady and Manning realize they have nothing else they know how to check down and what makes Welker and Edelman so great is they they stay active and follow the QB. Sure there are plenty of plays designed but I would be willing to bet they both get a good amount of receptions not giving up on plays when things break down that has been the Jets biggest problem as of late how many times did we have to see Holmes just half ass sh*t when his number was not called.

Remember when the Pats scooped up Haynesworth?  How are we supposed to compete with this all world talent?

WR's have huge ego's Haynesworth was a fat lazy POS who got his money and mailed it in. The guy had the talent he just didn't put in the effort anymore to stay in shape and on the same level as those who were

Our teams are in just a different place. Had we made the same exact moves for the same money as NE, I'd be bashing my head because we're just not there as a team. New England is on a clock with Brady. They're basically dong what we tried to do in 2011, except they actually have a legit QB.

What I think is positive for myself is that Idzik, if nothing else, is a very disciplined GM so far. Year 1, tear it all down and play the young guys to see what you have. Year 2, go for young talent to build long-term with. It's very much the way Seattle was built, and I'm hoping we draft well enough to pull it off. Yeah, the fan in me wants them to sign big names, but I'm perfectly fine with avoiding the ugly contracts that has saddled us with Tannenbaum's tenure.

Worthless piece of overrated sh*t > Kenny Britt

Sorry but I disagree I think Kenny Britt is a POS as well but in his case I think he just wanted out of the Tennessee situation which is not far removed from the Jets and their QB situation,

Our teams are in just a different place. Had we made the same exact moves for the same money as NE, I'd be bashing my head because we're just not there as a team. New England is on a clock with Brady. They're basically dong what we tried to do in 2011, except they actually have a legit QB.

What I think is positive for myself is that Idzik, if nothing else, is a very disciplined GM so far. Year 1, tear it all down and play the young guys to see what you have. Year 2, go for young talent to build long-term with. It's very much the way Seattle was built, and I'm hoping we draft well enough to pull it off. Yeah, the fan in me wants them to sign big names, but I'm perfectly fine with avoiding the ugly contracts that has saddled us with Tannenbaum's tenure.

great post JVOR and spot on IMO . Breaking the bank in FA is for teams ready to win now and fill a hole here and there its not a good way to build from the ground up like Idzik is trying to do.

Britt in a pats uniform scares me a lot less than santonio

Mark my words Britt in a Pats uniform (if he stays healthy) will put up 80 + catches and 1200 plus yards and with his size and wing span will be a huge target in the endzone to complement Gronk. Plus hes physical and will make tough catches unlike Holmes who is terrified of going over the middle

Bingo.  Big difference between teams that are in the process of changing direction, while building a foundation, and those on the cusp of a SB run.   Denver and NE are doing the right things for their situations.  The Jets are playing the FA game in the right way for them.

Mark my words Britt in a Pats uniform (if he stays healthy) will put up 80 + catches and 1200 plus yards and with his size and wing span will be a huge target in the endzone to complement Gronk. Plus hes physical and will make tough catches unlike Holmes who is terrified of going over the middle

Kenny Britt has never had an 800 yard season, but you guys talk about him like a true #1.  Last year he played in twice as many games and had more starts than Clyde Gates and had less production.  Clyde Gates.

Kenny Britt has never had an 800 yard season, but you guys talk about him like a true #1.  Last year he played in twice as many games and had more starts than Clyde Gates and had less production.  Clyde Gates.

So you're saying you would choose Clyde Gates over Kenny Britt?

You definitely could be right just don't think Britt has ever been the same since the two knee surgeries

people said Welker only works in Pats system ,,,,,,

Fact is both Welker and Edleman are 2 of the best slot receivers in the NFL. The reason they work so well for Brady and Manning is because when Brady and Manning realize they have nothing else they know how to check down and what makes Welker and Edelman so great is they they stay active and follow the QB. Sure there are plenty of plays designed but I would be willing to bet they both get a good amount of receptions not giving up on plays when things break down that has been the Jets biggest problem as of late how many times did we have to see Holmes just half ass sh*t when his number was not called.

so... rather then believe all time great QB's are inflating thier stats, you would have us believe that welker, who put up very pedestrian stats with non hall of fame Qb's, was replaced by another short white late draft pick dude who also just happens to be a elite slot receiver?

essentially you are arguing the Pats have s prodigious ability to find top notch slot recievers on the trash heap over the idea that great Qb's get more out of recievers then sh*tty ones. Which, amazingly enough, you completely contradict in your next post by saying britt only sucked cause his QB did

lastly, Holmes of 2 years ago with Brady or Brees or Manning would've been all pro. ..

so... rather then believe all time great QB's are inflating thier stats, you would have us believe that welker, who put up very pedestrian stats with non hall of fame Qb's, was replaced by another short white late draft pick dude who also just happens to be a elite slot receiver?

essentially you are arguing the Pats have s prodigious ability to find top notch slot recievers on the trash heap over the idea that great Qb's get more out of recievers then sh*tty ones. Which, amazingly enough, you completely contradict in your next post by saying britt only sucked cause his QB did

lastly, Holmes of 2 years ago with Brady or Brees or Manning would've been all pro. ..

Stop because your dead wrong ..... Welker was a special teams player upon entering the league with the Dolphins. When he started emerging with the Dolphins the Pats picked him up. You make it sound like he was drafted to be a top WR and didn't do so until he went to Brady and that's just misinformation.

he played his first few seasons in Mia and SD and had a grand total of ZERO receptions and then had 29 in year 3 in year 4 he began to emerge with 67 receptions and was picked up by the Pats where his career took off. of course Brady and the Pats system had something to do with it but whether hes with Brady or Manning hes still the best Slot receiver in the NFL. If he played with Matt Schabb he probably still gets in to 90 + reception range and probably the same with most of the mid level QB's but if you put him with garbage leike the Titans Viking and Jets put out there at QB Im sure he probably does not reach those numbers. Either way while playing with the Pats and Broncos he still has to get open Teams still have to account for his presence and he still gets open so give the guy some damn credit and stop making it sound like its only the QB because the 2 QB's you keep mentioning still get eaten alive by good defense its just that they don't have to face those elite defenses every week.

When Manning Faced the Seahawks he got a taste of what its like when your Receivers get destroyed and cant break free and get open or make things happen after the catch. Cant blame Manning for that just Like I have a hard time blaming some QB's who have to deal with inferior talent and cant make anything happen and are forced into mistake riddled football. I know you don't see the correlation and never will but its pretty obvious to me.

Aren't all tall guys from Rutgers perpetual #1's?  

Both them and the Broncos are gearing up for what could be the end of the Manning/Brady 'rivalry'.  

What angers me more than anything is the Jets aren't doing a damn thing. Why not kick the tires on a few players? Decker great signing but will him and Kerley do it all at WR?  Miles Austin would be a great pickup what about Jerrichio Cotchery?  Decker-Kerley-Nelson that's all we have as far as im concerned.

Archived