Kenny Britt to visit New England Sunday

NYJetsVets91

What angers me more than anything is the Jets aren't doing a damn thing. Why not kick the tires on a few players? Decker great signing but will him and Kerley do it all at WR?  Miles Austin would be a great pickup what about Jerrichio Cotchery?  Decker-Kerley-Nelson that's all we have as far as im concerned.

Willy you really need to be patient .... Idzik has a plan hes a smart guy and hes not going to break the bank on a team that is simply not ready to contend. I could understand the outrage if this team was in contention for a SB like we were in 09 10 and 11 but we are not I also know you probably have a bad taste in your mouth due to the Way Tanny handled those teams but this is NOT Tanny . Idzik is going to build through the draft and hes going to sign young FA's not ones that are 30 + that offer nothing to this teams future.

Both them and the Broncos are gearing up for what could be the end of the Manning/Brady 'rivalry'.  

yep this is the last ditch effort ...at least they are being smart and focusing on defense .... You know because defenses have handed both Brady and Manning their asses in the playoffs and in the SB

Willy you really need to be patient .... Idzik has a plan hes a smart guy and hes not going to break the bank on a team that is simply not ready to contend. I could understand the outrage if this team was in contention for a SB like we were in 09 10 and 11 but we are not I also know you probably have a bad taste in your mouth due to the Way Tanny handled those teams but this is NOT Tanny . Idzik is going to build through the draft and hes going to sign young FA's not ones that are 30 + that offer nothing to this teams future.

45 years and counting Smash...............Why did Seattle allow Idzik to walk?  Are #1 goal in free agency with all the money we had should have been to improve this team drastically and I don't think we did as of today.

Why did Seattle allow Idzik to walk? 

This is where we're at now?  Seriously?

Idzik wasn't a free agent to be resigned.  Idzik got a promotion to come here.

Did the Ravens "let Rex walk" to us?  Did the Bills let Mike Pettine walk to the Browns?  The Bengals "let Mike Zimmer walk"?

What was the alternative for Seattle?  Fire their GM and hire Idzik?  Promote Idzik to Co-GM?

Here's a list of Jets WRs

Eric Decker   2 Stephen Hill sq_red_side.gif

Sidelined
Jets coach Rex Ryan believes Stephen Hill's development was "hindered" in 2013.
It's unclear what Ryan believes "hindered" Hill, but it's likely just his way of saying Hill stunk. Ryan's comments come one day after the New York Daily News reported the Jets were "skeptical" Hill could become a "reliable piece of the puzzle." Hill needs to show major signs of progress this summer to ensure his place on the 53-man roster.
Feb 20

3 Clyde Gates   4 Michael Campbell   5 Dwight Jones WR2 1 David Nelson   2 Jeremy Kerley   3 Greg Salas   4 Saalim Hakim   5 Vidal Hazelton

Insert Britt,Austin,Cotchery,Jones and look how much better it looks.

Aren't all tall guys from Rutgers perpetual #1's?  

I don't know.  I'm only around 5'9"

Here's a list of Jets WRs

Eric Decker   2 Stephen Hill sq_red_side.gif

Sidelined

Jets coach Rex Ryan believes Stephen Hill's development was "hindered" in 2013.
It's unclear what Ryan believes "hindered" Hill, but it's likely just his way of saying Hill stunk. Ryan's comments come one day after the New York Daily News reported the Jets were "skeptical" Hill could become a "reliable piece of the puzzle." Hill needs to show major signs of progress this summer to ensure his place on the 53-man roster.
Feb 20

3 Clyde Gates   4 Michael Campbell   5 Dwight Jones WR2 1 David Nelson   2 Jeremy Kerley   3 Greg Salas   4 Saalim Hakim   5 Vidal Hazelton

Insert Britt,Austin,Cotchery,Jones and look how much better it looks.

It does not look better to me.  

How are they making all these signings?... Someone better go slap some sense into Idzik.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334395/article/kenny-britt-will-visit-new-england-patriots-on-sunday   Kenny Britt will visit New England Patriots on Sunday
  •  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png

• By Lance Cartelli NFL.com
  • Published: March 15, 2014 at 08:20 p.m.
  • Updated: March 15, 2014 at 08:56 p.m.

The Kenny Britt free-agent tour marches on.

Free-Agent Tracker
0ap2000000276066.jpgFollow all the developments on the NFL's open market with our up-to-the-minutetracking of 2014's free agents. More...

The former Tennessee Titans wide receiver is set to visit theNew England Patriots on Sunday after meeting with the St. Louis Rams on Friday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per a source informed of Britt's schedule.

The Patriots have been busy through the first week of free agency, signing cornerbacks Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner, while re-signing wide receiver Julian Edelman.

The first round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft presents an interesting case for a prospective team. Britt is a talented player that has been marred by knee injuries and off-the-field concerns, who's worth a flier from a team in need of a pass-catcher. He's ranked 31st in our best available free agents

Britt finished the 2013 regular season with 11 receptions for 96 yards and zero touchdowns after losing playing time to rookie Justin Hunter.

Didnt know a visit was a signing. I guess we got DRC on the roster then. 

When  was Goodson convicted?  

I meant indicted............anyway torn acl and mcl and Idzik isn't shopping for a replacement RB?

Jets running back Mike Goodson has been indicted on two weapons charges, the Morris County Prosecutor’s office announced Thursday. He was indicted on a second-degree charge of unlawful possession of a handgun and a fourth-degree charge of prohibited weapons and devices. The charges stem from his arrest on May 17.The second-degree charge is for a .45-caliber handgun found in the glove compartment of the vehicle in which he was a passenger that morning, according to the prosecutor’s office. The fourth-degree charge is for possession of a hollow-point bullet, the office said.Authorities said Goodson and acquaintance Garant Evans were found stopped in an SUV in the left-center lane of Route 80 West in Denville at 3:15 a.m. on May 17. Police said both appeared to be intoxicated. Evans, of Roselle, faces three separate weapons charges, including the same two as Goodson.Goodson, who was signed by the Jets as a free agent in March, was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the season for violating its policy on substance abuse. He returned to action for the victory over Atlanta on Oct. 7, but then tore his ACL and MCL six days later in a loss to Pittsburgh. He subsequently was placed on injured reserve. - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/jets-rb-goodson-indicted-on-weapons-charges-in-nj-1.627527#sthash.rL4zZAlk.dpuf

Browner is 1 violation away from suspension. Britt is a mess. Lafell is a never was. Edelman only works in Pats system. Revis is great, but could end up in a different uniform next year.

I see them grasping at straws and spending money on a lot of either high-risk situations or mediocre players. I'm perfectly fine with us not throwing money around like this... We'd be stuck with these contracts for the next 3 years, minimum.

Having Revis would not have won them this years AFC championship in Denver.  Good point on Browner.  Edelman is not an improvement.  I see them making the playoffs if Brady stays upright.  But not going anywhere beyond a round or so.  That also would not be an improvement.  Let's face it---they are one Brady broken toe from mediocre.

Our teams are in just a different place. Had we made the same exact moves for the same money as NE, I'd be bashing my head because we're just not there as a team. New England is on a clock with Brady. They're basically dong what we tried to do in 2011, except they actually have a legit QB.

What I think is positive for myself is that Idzik, if nothing else, is a very disciplined GM so far. Year 1, tear it all down and play the young guys to see what you have. Year 2, go for young talent to build long-term with. It's very much the way Seattle was built, and I'm hoping we draft well enough to pull it off. Yeah, the fan in me wants them to sign big names, but I'm perfectly fine with avoiding the ugly contracts that has saddled us with Tannenbaum's tenure.

very good observation

What angers me more than anything is the Jets aren't doing a damn thing. Why not kick the tires on a few players? Decker great signing but will him and Kerley do it all at WR?  Miles Austin would be a great pickup what about Jerrichio Cotchery?  Decker-Kerley-Nelson that's all we have as far as im concerned.

I would not touch Miles Austin.  And how do you know they are not kicking the tires?  The Jets do not leak info anymore.  You are basing your assumptions on the writing of so many media clowns.  I assume that Idzik is doing his due diligence. He just does not see the same value in some of these guys that you do.

I meant indicted............anyway torn acl and mcl and Idzik isn't shopping for a replacement RB?

Jets running back Mike Goodson has been indicted on two weapons charges, the Morris County Prosecutor’s office announced Thursday. He was indicted on a second-degree charge of unlawful possession of a handgun and a fourth-degree charge of prohibited weapons and devices. The charges stem from his arrest on May 17.The second-degree charge is for a .45-caliber handgun found in the glove compartment of the vehicle in which he was a passenger that morning, according to the prosecutor’s office. The fourth-degree charge is for possession of a hollow-point bullet, the office said.Authorities said Goodson and acquaintance Garant Evans were found stopped in an SUV in the left-center lane of Route 80 West in Denville at 3:15 a.m. on May 17. Police said both appeared to be intoxicated. Evans, of Roselle, faces three separate weapons charges, including the same two as Goodson.Goodson, who was signed by the Jets as a free agent in March, was suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the season for violating its policy on substance abuse. He returned to action for the victory over Atlanta on Oct. 7, but then tore his ACL and MCL six days later in a loss to Pittsburgh. He subsequently was placed on injured reserve. - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/jets-rb-goodson-indicted-on-weapons-charges-in-nj-1.627527#sthash.rL4zZAlk.dpuf

major difference between indicted  and  convicted.  As of right now he is innocent. 

Having Revis would not have won them this years AFC championship in Denver.  Good point on Browner.  Edelman is not an improvement.  I see them making the playoffs if Brady stays upright.  But not going anywhere beyond a round or so.  That also would not be an improvement.  Let's face it---they are one Brady broken toe from mediocre.

Probably not, but having Mayo, Tommy Kelley and Wilfork with Revis might have.

Probably not, but having Mayo, Tommy Kelley and Wilfork with Revis might have.

Maybe.  But injuries are part of the game.  I am just talking about a free agent addition.  It is not like he is the difference between getting to the big show or not.

Are they keeping Big Vince?

It is going to depend on how much he wants to stay in New England.

Maybe.  But injuries are part of the game.  I am just talking about a free agent addition.  It is not like he is the difference between getting to the big show or not.

There is no doubt injuries are part of the game, but it was comical the entire middle of the D was lost.

It is going to depend on how much he wants to stay in New England.

There is no doubt injuries are part of the game, but it was comical the entire middle of the D was lost.

and that is the thing about football.  the injuries come in bunches some years.  You can sign the whole world and still go 8-8.  But if you have that five star QB you got a chance. all the other other positions are negotiable.

Browner is 1 violation away from suspension. Britt is a mess. Lafell is a never was. Edelman only works in Pats system. Revis is great, but could end up in a different uniform next year.

I see them grasping at straws and spending money on a lot of either high-risk situations or mediocre players. I'm perfectly fine with us not throwing money around like this... We'd be stuck with these contracts for the next 3 years, minimum.

we dont have a QB like they do that make ok recivers look good im glad we are not spending like them, but guys with a history of trouble do ok with the pats. if we cant rush brady he will eat us up, i just hope we can get another CB.and draft some playmakers like our first 4 picks last year

Both them and the Broncos are gearing up for what could be the end of the Manning/Brady 'rivalry'.  

Yep, that's all it is... they are throwing money at mediocre players and/or washed up players who are going to get paid more for past performance than for future performance... because they are what is available right now.

It is infantile to think the Jets should be approaching FA the same way, just because they have so much cap space. 

we dont have a QB like they do that make ok recivers look good im glad we are not spending like them, but guys with a history of trouble do ok with the pats. if we cant rush brady he will eat us up, i just hope we can get another CB.and draft some playmakers like our first 4 picks last year

I think this notion is vastly over-rated. 

Randy Moss played when he wanted, because he was a Raider. Corey Dillon bitched and moaned, because he was a Bengal. Neither guy was really "bad", just dooshy.

Talib is probably the only guy I can think of that had what I'd consider volatile issues that played nice when he got to the Pats. 

Aaron Hernandez. Haynesworth. Ochocinco.... there are just as many examples of "bad guys" NOT working in the Pats system as there are "good guys".

I think this notion is vastly over-rated. 

Randy Moss played when he wanted, because he was a Raider. Corey Dillon bitched and moaned, because he was a Bengal. Neither guy was really "bad", just dooshy.

Talib is probably the only guy I can think of that had what I'd consider volatile issues that played nice when he got to the Pats. 

Aaron Hernandez. Haynesworth. Ochocinco.... there are just as many examples of "bad guys" NOT working in the Pats system as there are "good guys".

well hernandez i dont get that guy was a very good player and goes all crazy and kills somebody,haynes was just a a piece of crap nobody could get him to play and ocho was just too stupid and dint get what they do on Offense.anyway i hope they all suck for them and we smack them this year,but dont be surprise if they make a SB run.

Archived