Would you trade a 4th for D. Jackson?

Cmartin

What would a potential trade cost?

Over the past few weeks, there have been considerable rumors that DeSean Jackson is on his way out in Philadelphia. The playmaker is apparently not a personality fit with Chip Kelly, which is why they are looking to deal him to another team.

I would propose the New York Jets trade one of their two fourth round picks for Jackson, and fill out their starting wide receiving corps. Jackson would be an immediate fit, as he has considerable experience in Marty Mornhinweg's system, and a starting trio of Jackson, Eric Decker, and Jeremy Kerley is a considerable improvement on last year's receivers. You have speed, size, and reliability.

However, I wouldn't stop there; I'd still look to draft a receiver and a tight end like Jace Amaro. That would give the team a receiving corps of Jackson, Decker, Kerley, [insert draft pick], Stephen Hill, and David Nelson. In addition, you'd have the receiving threats of Amaro and Jeff Cumberland. I think we can all agree that has the potential to be a potent passing attack. Good luck covering all those receivers.

What do you think? What would you be willing to give up for Jackson?

Over the past few weeks, there have been considerable rumors that DeSean Jackson is on his way out in Philadelphia. The playmaker is apparently not a personality fit with Chip Kelly, which is why they are looking to deal him to another team.

I would propose the New York Jets trade one of their two fourth round picks for Jackson, and fill out their starting wide receiving corps. Jackson would be an immediate fit, as he has considerable experience in Marty Mornhinweg's system, and a starting trio of Jackson, Eric Decker, and Jeremy Kerley is a considerable improvement on last year's receivers. You have speed, size, and reliability.

However, I wouldn't stop there; I'd still look to draft a receiver and a tight end like Jace Amaro. That would give the team a receiving corps of Jackson, Decker, Kerley, [insert draft pick], Stephen Hill, and David Nelson. In addition, you'd have the receiving threats of Amaro and Jeff Cumberland. I think we can all agree that has the potential to be a potent passing attack. Good luck covering all those receivers.

$10.5 mil salary in 2014 and 9.75 for the next two years each. We will be paying a ton for Santonio Holmes v2.0.

A 4th round pick would be a bargain. It wont happen. Out of the leftovers id take Miles Austin,Kenny Britt or Jerrichio Cotchery.

The love for Kenny Britt has outdone the love for the entire Jets team on this board.

Nope, not even a little bit. Two years after he signs a top 10 contract he already wants to renew his deal.  Last time he felt that he was underpaid he half-assed his way through the entire season and short-armed everything, sometimes even refusing to go across the middle.  That's not the type of guy you want on your team.  

Nope, not even a little bit. Two years after he signs a top 10 contract he already wants to renew his deal. Last time he felt that he was underpaid he half-assed his way through the entire season and short-armed everything, sometimes even refusing to go across the middle. That's not the type of guy you want on your team.

Agree with this. I know everyone wants to get better fast, but trading for a guy like this is what you do when you are a SB contender. He's expensive, costs a high draft pick, and his own team wants to get rid of him.

As Sperm Edwards keeps saying, it's ill advised to go all-in on an unknown commodity like Geno. He can be amazing or he can bust. I'm fully supportive of improving our offense, but do it with a guy in fa you can build around long term or through draft picks.

6' 3" 223 25 years old. Anquan Boldin type WR love me some Kenny Britt on the Jets.

One of my cousin is 6'1, 220, 25 year old, possession type guy. Maybe u can show him some love too? By the way, he doesn't play football, kinda like Kenny Britt.

One of my cousin is 6'1, 220, 25 year old, possession type guy. Maybe u can show him some love too? By the way, he doesn't play football, kinda like Kenny Britt.

Has he had any college success or NFL success like Kenny Britt?  Or is he a backyard school yard  brawler?

aa 4th, hell ya, thats a steal, I'd give one of our two 3rds

Has he had any college success or NFL success like Kenny Britt?  Or is he a backyard school yard  brawler?

Kenny Britt has had NFL success? I almost forgot his 96 yards from last season.

Screw your cousin I'm 6'2'' 225 we throwing around millions for muscular dudes with good size? I want to be on that line

Screw your cousin I'm 6'2'' 225 we throwing around millions for muscular dudes with good size? I want to be on that line

Yeah, but you're 47 years old with beard so long, you could be tackled from 20 yards behind you.

longestbeard.jpg

2010 775 yards 9 TD not to shabby a lot better than most on the Jets roster career stats.

And the last three years combined he's only started 17 games and amassed 974 yards and 7 tds.  That's not what you want out of your #1 WR.  Sure, he got in the Coach's doghouse, but that wasn't by bad luck.  He's a head-case and getting him anywhere near the greater new-jersey area isn't going to clear those issues up.  His best bet is to get as far away from the NJ area as possible and latch on with a whole new coaching staff that gives him a fresh start. I liked his talent coming out, but him coming to the Jets and anywhere near his old friends is not going to help him realize it.

Youre not popular, that was my point. I dont care enough about you to fight you.

Popular? I didn't know this forum was a about a popularity contest?  Tell you what grow the **** up and shut the **** up. No reason for you comments when discussing football.

Archived