Giants Sign DRC

brian101193

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patience, plenty of good corners still left!

Like Davis--no.

Maybe Revis--no.

Like Captain Mun--no.

Thurmon--no.

Or DRC--no.

Or... uh, Antonio Cromartie?

Maybe Idzik can use some of the money he's so greedily hording to send you some xanax, maybe that'll mellow you out a bit.

DRC got 5 years/$35M. That does not seem like an overpay to me. What exactly did Izdik offer? Does he understand that we have tons of cap space? 

Because the contract isnt too bad, I am very confused. 

Love to be a fly in Rex's office.

DRC got 5 years/$35M. That does not seem like an overpay to me. What exactly did Izdik offer? Does he understand that we have tons of cap space? 

Because the contract isnt too bad, I am very confused. 

Love to be a fly in Rex's office.

What's the guaranteed money? That's all that actually matters.

Not getting this player isn't a disaster. Not getting ANY depth to fill out terrible holes all over the roster while Idzik has his incompetent head up his ass = disaster. 

Oh, so the complaint now isn't failing to get impact players, it's failing to get depth?  You do realize that there's currently a long list of "depth guys" being courted around the league, no?  And that the Jets are one of those teams looking at those "depth" options?  We can sign Antonio Cromartie for "depth" at any time, given how badly he wants to be here and how few other teams seem to want him.

Yes, I understand its all about the guaranteed money; thats still unknown. For arguments sake, lets say its around 15M. 

Thoughts?

15 million distributed into the first 2 years? Or over the course of the 5 years? I'll get back to you when I see that actuals.

One of the talking heads on NFL radio mentioned that this is DRC's fourth team.  ARI, PHI and DEN all let him walk.  It's a fair point.  There may be more to DRC than meets the eye and that makes him not worth even $7mm/year.  Not to be a sour grapes kind of guy, but it is a point worth considering before you pull the trigger.

This is preferable to making knee-jerk signings because of a pissed off fan base. 

so shoring up a position of need with the best available option, after letting all the other top options go by is a knee-jerk reaction? whats not knee-jerk? signing some mediocre player off the scrap heap or investing yet another high round pick in cornerback?

Archived