Miles Austin...

Villain The Foe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He caught only like 25 passes in 11 games last year. It unfortunately might be bringing in an experienced stephen hill who we'd overpay for. Maybe a one year prove it deal like we tried with DRC 

Possibly. I wouldnt mind bringing in Jacoby Ford if I had to pick between the two. Ford can assist on the offense and special teams. Dude seems like a lightning rod if he can stay healthy. I guess thats why we have the latest greatest facility in the league. Put it to use! 

can't believe i am saying this but i prefer britt. both have about the same downside (washed up) but at least britt had elite talent if his head and knee are healthy.

I'd agree with u down to the cent if u switched Britt with Miles. Miles is a far superior talent tha Britt ever was. Britt is washed up. Miles just needs to stay on the field.

He caught only like 25 passes in 11 games last year. It unfortunately might be bringing in an experienced stephen hill who we'd overpay for. Maybe a one year prove it deal like we tried with DRC

Hamstring injury all year long for miles. His talent is not in question though.

Michael Campbell?

Clyde Gates?

Saalim Hakim?

Dwight Jones?

Stephen HIll?

Greg Salas?

All ? marks as far as im concerned.

They'll all competing to be the # 4 receiver on this team.  Not really a big deal.  If they can't contribute on special teams, they'll get cut.

We should go after Miles Austin/Britt/Rice then draft a WR and TE in the first 3 rounds. Decker (Austin/Britt/Rice) Nelson Kerley (Hill?) Cumberland + Draft Picks to get true #1s at both WR and TE would be a great receiving group. Then throw in a possible backfield of MJD, Ivory, and Powell, and dare I say we have a great offense on paper if Geno can get his act together.

We should go after Miles Austin/Britt/Rice then draft a WR and TE in the first 3 rounds. Decker (Austin/Britt/Rice) Nelson Kerley (Hill?) Cumberland + Draft Picks would be a great receiving group. Then throw in a possible backfield of MJD, Ivory, and Powell, and dare I say we have a great offense on paper if Geno can get his act together.

This guy gets it! Id add Johnson and Blount at RB.

We should go after Miles Austin/Britt/Rice then draft a WR and TE in the first 3 rounds. Decker (Austin/Britt/Rice) Nelson Kerley (Hill?) Cumberland + Draft Picks to get true #1s at both WR and TE would be a great receiving group. Then throw in a possible backfield of MJD, Ivory, and Powell, and dare I say we have a great offense on paper if Geno can get his act together.

Those additions at WR wouldn't make a lick of difference for us.  All 3 have awful injury histories.  MJD is intriguing but I doubt he'd be willing to be part of a running back by committee scenario. 

Who's the #1?

Did the seahawks have a #1? No, they basically had 3 #2.5's. And our #1 is decker, whether you like it or not. His second year he put up great numbers with TEBOW. If we go WR first round it'll be Decker Kerley (probably) Lee and Nelson. Is that not good enough for you after what we had last year? And chris johnson is overrated and our running game was 3rd in the league last year and we'll should have Goodson playing this year. We're fine on offense if this is how it plays out, you sh*t stain.

Did the seahawks have a #1? No, they basically had 3 #2.5's. And our #1 is decker, whether you like it or not. His second year he put up great numbers with TEBOW. If we go WR first round it'll be Decker Kerley (probably) Lee and Nelson. Is that not good enough for you after what we had last year? And chris johnson is overrated and our running game was 3rd in the league last year and we'll should have Goodson playing this year. We're fine on offense if this is how it plays out, you sh*t stain.

Ok first off calling me names to prove your point says a lot about you.

Seattle won the Super Bowl and Jets nowhere near compare to them in all aspects of NFL football.

Ok first off calling me names to prove your point says a lot about you.

Seattle won the Super Bowl and Jets nowhere near compare to them in all aspects of NFL football.

We had a better run defense than the Seahawks and pretty much the same run offense. But yeah, not comparable at all. And we're working on both sides of passing. Give it a rest man and stop complaining

We had a better run defense than the Seahawks and pretty much the same run offense. But yeah, not comparable at all. And we're working on both sides of passing. Give it a rest man and stop complaining

Not complaining just adding my opinions of what Id like to see and how to improve the roster. That is all.

Great would certainly be a daring statement, but I do not think it is as doom and gloom as others.  

Bottom line is that this team is young and built to win with defense, which is a model that is currently working in the NFC.  Seattle, went through a very similar process.  They built through the draft and then added key components when they were ready to be true title contenders.  If people are upset with the current situation because they think we are SB contenders, then I can't help them.  But the Jets are not that far off.

There are very few true No.1 WRs in the league.  Most teams have to spread the ball around to several solid guys.  Right now, the Jets are close to having several solid receiving options.  Decker, Nelson, and Kerley are solid targets.  Cumberland improves every year.  Hill will be the No. 5 WR, so that leaves adding a WR or two and TE in the draft.  Given that the Jets will likely have 12 picks, that doesn't sound terrible.

I am more concerned with the running game.  Sure, improving the passing game will inherently improve the run game, but winning with defense means that you MUST have a dominant run game.  Ivory came on strong towards the end of the year, Powell is better than expected, and if Goodsen can stay healthy and out of trouble, then the RB stable is fairly stocked.  To me bringing in a RB would only be wise if they think he would be the starter.  Instead, I would add a FA guard or two (Colon will likely return), and then draft depth.  

Great would certainly be a daring statement, but I do not think it is as doom and gloom as others.  

Bottom line is that this team is young and built to win with defense, which is a model that is currently working in the NFC.  Seattle, went through a very similar process.  They built through the draft and then added key components when they were ready to be true title contenders.  If people are upset with the current situation because they think we are SB contenders, then I can't help them.  But the Jets are not that far off.

There are very few true No.1 WRs in the league.  Most teams have to spread the ball around to several solid guys.  Right now, the Jets are close to having several solid receiving options.  Decker, Nelson, and Kerley are solid targets.  Cumberland improves every year.  Hill will be the No. 5 WR, so that leaves adding a WR or two and TE in the draft.  Given that the Jets will likely have 12 picks, that doesn't sound terrible.

I am more concerned with the running game.  Sure, improving the passing game will inherently improve the run game, but winning with defense means that you MUST have a dominant run game.  Ivory came on strong towards the end of the year, Powell is better than expected, and if Goodsen can stay healthy and out of trouble, then the RB stable is fairly stocked.  To me bringing in a RB would only be wise if they think he would be the starter.  Instead, I would add a FA guard or two (Colon will likely return), and then draft depth.  

Great post.

THIS.  Add a WR in the draft and we are set.  I would like to see a change of pace RB, also something we could get via the draft or from training camp cuts.

Im not gonna waste my time searching for articles but numerous agencies have said Decker is not a #1 WR and I agree.

Homie, you do know that there are only like 5-7 #1 wrs if you're going by that. There aren't 32 guys better than Decker in the league.

THIS. Add a WR in the draft and we are set. I would like to see a change of pace RB, also something we could get via the draft or from training camp cuts.

Goodson would be the perfect change of pace complimentary back to Ivory&Powell. He needs to stay healthy and out of trouble.

Homie, you do know that there are only like 5-7 #1 wrs if you're going by that. There aren't 32 guys better than Decker in the league.

I was thinking about this and it's debatable....but I think I agree. If you want to be a really tough grader by definition. Personally, imo, these are your true #1 guys right now. 

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. AJ Green

5. Dez Bryant

6. Demaryius Thomas

then...Josh Gordon (is one year enough to put him here? maybe)...Antonio Brown (awesome player, def the Steelers #1 but an NFL league wide legit #1? maaaybe or just a slight cut lower?)...Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson have to be part of the conversation. Then your Nelson's, Jeffrey's, Jackson's, Smith's & Colston's probably also a cut below a true #1 but all probably still better than Decker and very good. I dunno, we'll see. I mean, is Demaryius Thomas really that good without Manning? Is Jeffery that good without Brandon Marshall? Just saying. 

^ I would probably add Gordon, Brown, Marshall and V. Jackson as true #1s with the other guys a slight notch below. So about 10 true #1s all together? ^

Decker is probably somewhere in the 15-20 range I'd like to think. Which isn't bad at all and pretty much in line with his contract give or take. 

Unless he's a complete product of the system. I don't think he is. He was playing solid prior to Peyton even as a rookie and was an excellent WR at Minn and had a pretty good buzz around his draft stock. He slid I think due to a foot problem and didn't test prior to the draft. 

^ I would probably add Gordon, Brown, Marshall and V. Jackson as true #1s with the other guys a slight notch below. So about 10 true #1s all together? ^

Decker is probably somewhere in the 15-20 range I'd like to think. Which isn't bad at all and pretty much in line with his contract give or take. 

Unless he's a complete product of the system. I don't think he is. He was playing solid prior to Peyton even as a rookie and was an excellent WR at Minn and had a pretty good buzz around his draft stock. He slid I think due to a foot problem and didn't test prior to the draft. 

Oh, this thread - like all the others - devolved into "we need #1 WR herp derp derp" generalizations? I'm shocked.

Anyway, your post is right. The fact that we have such a huge portion of men that root for this team that combine 100% buy-in to paranoia spoonfed to them by beat"bloggers" with a housewife's depth of understanding of the game is alarming, to say the least.

Archived