Miles Austin...

Villain The Foe

The kid doesn't turn 23 for another month, he's got more natural physical ability than any WR in the draft, but he's extremely raw and needs to be brought along slowly.  If he puts in a healthy season this year, he's going to easily surpass his first two season's numbers combined.

Given my history on this forum with Jeffrey and Hill I'll have to say that what you said made some sense. His raw ability is there but it's not that he's raw, he doesn't have body control the way a good wr does. His hands never come up as an attribute. I do say give him one more year. It's not like were going to the superbowl.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given my history on this forum with Jeffrey and Hill I'll have to say that what you said made some sense. His raw ability is there but it's not that he's raw, he doesn't have body control the way a good wr does. His hands never come up as an attribute. I do say give him one more year. It's not like were going to the superbowl.

Hill isn't guaranteed anything, he's going to need to earn his spot. However, I highly doubt the player that leads every single receiver on the team in snaps by a gigantic margin is all of a sudden going to be cut. As of now, Decker is our #1, Hill is our #2 and Kerley is our slot guy with Nelson being in on certain packages. If a high draft pick comes in quickly, having Hill as a #3 is pretty ideal. We all knew he was going to be raw, his injuries certainly haven't helped the development, but two years for a 22/23 year old is a bit premature to completely write the book on him.  I'm actually fairly excited to see what our WRs and Geno are going to do with a full off-season and training camp under the same system.

When he catches the ball he does so  with his body not his hands. First mistake.

Every single wide receiver in the NFL catches the ball with their body at one time or another: go look at CJ, he does it a lot more than you'd think. If the QB doesn't lead you and it's thrown in the vacinity of your mid-section, you aren't going to cut off your route so that you can hands catch it, you're going to let it hit you in stride.  Regardless, he had one drop last year: it doesn't denote hands drop or body drop.

I hope to God the Jets trade up to get Sammy Watkins.

That would be terrible for the franchise. What do we do when we win ten games and lose in the first round this season and have no first next year? You're giving up two starters at least for a wr on a team with questionable at best qb play.

That would be terrible for the franchise. What do we do when we win ten games and lose in the first round this season and have no first next year? You're giving up two starters at least for a wr on a team with questionable at best qb play.

I disagree decent WRs will help develop Geno Smith into that franchise QB we all want.

I disagree decent WRs will help develop Geno Smith into that franchise QB we all want.

I respect your opinion but I really feel that we should be maximizing our draft picks for depth purposes before we look for that one or two guys to put us over the top.

While I agree that surrounding Geno with talent is definitely the right move, I don't think mortgaging the draft picks that will be needed to acquire Sammy is the right way to go about it. When guys like Lee, Cooks and Beckham will be available with our 18th pick, we can use that 2nd and 3rd rounder we forfeited to draft Sammy to get a new RG, CB or possible FS.  It's such a deep draft, especially at the WR position that hemorrhaging draft picks for Sammy does not seem like the best move.  Now, if he somehow drops out of the top 10, then you can start thinking about making the move.

While I agree that surrounding Geno with talent is definitely the right move, I don't think mortgaging the draft picks that will be needed to acquire Sammy is the right way to go about it. When guys like Lee, Cooks and Beckham will be available with our 18th pick, we can use that 2nd and 3rd rounder we forfeited to draft Sammy to get a new RG, CB or possible FS.  It's such a deep draft, especially at the WR position that hemorrhaging draft picks for Sammy does not seem like the best move.  Now, if he somehow drops out of the top 10, then you can start thinking about making the move.

You're right. Brandon Weeden had Josh Gordon as WR yet Weeden is looking for a job right now. 

Hill isn't guaranteed anything, he's going to need to earn his spot. However, I highly doubt the player that leads every single receiver on the team in snaps by a gigantic margin is all of a sudden going to be cut. As of now, Decker is our #1, Hill is our #2 and Kerley is our slot guy with Nelson being in on certain packages. If a high draft pick comes in quickly, having Hill as a #3 is pretty ideal. We all knew he was going to be raw, his injuries certainly haven't helped the development, but two years for a 22/23 year old is a bit premature to completely write the book on him.  I'm actually fairly excited to see what our WRs and Geno are going to do with a full off-season and training camp under the same system.

Me of all people do not believe that hill is guaranteed anything. He shouldnt even be a Jet, Jeffery should have been.  If I was your GM we wouldn't have wr problems!

With all due respect these numbers don't mean a damn thing if you cant catch and stay on the field.

Pretty high ideals, considering you've been all over Britt and Nicks. Neither of whom can stay on the field, and have clear-cut concentration problems.

You honestly have no ******* idea what you are talking about, but you sure as sh*t talk a lot.

I was thinking about this and it's debatable....but I think I agree. If you want to be a really tough grader by definition. Personally, imo, these are your true #1 guys right now.

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Andre Johnson

3. Larry Fitzgerald

4. AJ Green

5. Dez Bryant

6. Demaryius Thomas

then...Josh Gordon (is one year enough to put him here? maybe)...Antonio Brown (awesome player, def the Steelers #1 but an NFL league wide legit #1? maaaybe or just a slight cut lower?)...Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson have to be part of the conversation. Then your Nelson's, Jeffrey's, Jackson's, Smith's & Colston's probably also a cut below a true #1 but all probably still better than Decker and very good. I dunno, we'll see. I mean, is Demaryius Thomas really that good without Manning? Is Jeffery that good without Brandon Marshall? Just saying.

Julio jones says hello.

Archived