Caleb Schlauderaff

#27TheDominator

Is this guy just a zero or what?  I have never heard his name mentioned in the G conversation, but he has been on the roster for 3 years.  They traded for him and kept him all that time, but he has never been in the conversation to start even with Ducasse and WInters kind of sucking.  Even in camp with Colon and Peterman who they certainly didn't like much.  He had a prime opportunity for playing time his first year when Mangold went down.  I think he was initially listed as a G/C, but they used that waiver wire pickup instead (Colin Baxter, who they promptly dumped) and I think they even moved Slauson inside and used Vlad a bit.  

They signed him to a 4 year deal and gave him Chris Ward's number, they must have liked something.  If he doesn't rate a shot with this group why was he ever worth a roster spot?

He was a guard when they grabbed him but he's listed as a C now.  Either way, totally agree with OP.  If he couldn't even work his way in to the conversation with this group, why is he on the roster?

Thought he's a center

He was a guard when they grabbed him but he's listed as a C now.  Either way, totally agree with OP.  If he couldn't even work his way in to the conversation with this group, why is he on the roster?

I think he practiced there last year when Mangold was hurt.  Maybe that is where they want him?  I don't know.  I just find it odd to carry this guy with the bodies they have and not have him at least mentioned as in the mix.  Sometimes these guys turn out to be Jonathan Goodwin, but most of the time they are just out of the league. 

Back up center, as far as I know.  The one start I saw wasn't pretty.

When did he start?  The only start they have him listed at was "TE".  Are you sure you aren't thinking of Baxter?  He took over for Mangold when he got hurt in 2011. 

I think he practiced there last year when Mangold was hurt.  Maybe that is where they want him?  I don't know.  I just find it odd to carry this guy with the bodies they have and not have him at least mentioned as in the mix.  Sometimes these guys turn out to be Jonathan Goodwin, but most of the time they are just out of the league. 

When did he start?  The only start they have him listed at was "TE".  Are you sure you aren't thinking of Baxter?  He took over for Mangold when he got hurt in 2011. 

You are right about be getting him mixed up with Baxter, but apparently Schauderaff started a game in 2011 too.   Since then, he's been on the milk carton.

If he doesn't rate a shot with this group why was he ever worth a roster spot?

He and Dalton Freeman are the only backup centers. It's possible they add another but basically the Jets aren't winning many games if Mangold gets hurt.

You are right about be getting him mixed up with Baxter, but apparently Schauderaff started a game in 2011 too.   Since then, he's been on the milk carton.

They have him listed as starting TE in one game. Guess they started JUMBO.

He and Dalton Freeman are the only backup centers. It's possible they add another but basically the Jets aren't winning many games if Mangold gets hurt.

How many backup C do you need?  You keep the better.  You'd expect a pretty steep dropoff from Mangold.  WIth what he is getting paid there ought to be.

Archived