DeSean Jackson (MERGED)

LAD_Brooklyn

In this scenario, I don't foresee DeSean Jackson getting more than a 3rd round pick at best. I mean, that's where Philly has allegedly started the discussion. I think before it's over, that probably becomes a 4th and a 6th or something like that.

So let's say it's a 4 and a 6. You only need 3 picks out of your remaining 8-10 to get the guys I talked about (TE, RB, OL). You can probably even go ahead and take a WR at some point still b/c there's a lot of depth.

I know what you mean about not having so many WRs on the field at a time, but if you look at last season and consider how many injuries we had at the position--it really doesn't hurt to be 5 deep at the position, with guys like Nelson, Hill and/or a rookie on the back end.

It depends if there's competition.  They may supposedly start out asking a 4th, but if there's competition it could go higher.  Aside from being a serious jackoff the guy's a serious WR.

It doesn't hurt to be 5 deep at WR, but it's also a waste.  If we did trade for Jackson, and then drafted another WR in round 2, honestly we should be looking into trading Kerley for a player or for a 2015 pick.  In that scenario, we're going to lose him in 2015 anyway unless we want to pony up bucks for a 4th WR.  If the Jets like him that much, they're not taking a WR in the draft after picking up Decker & then Jackson.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this scenario, I don't foresee DeSean Jackson getting more than a 3rd round pick at best. I mean, that's where Philly has allegedly started the discussion. I think before it's over, that probably becomes a 4th and a 6th or something like that.

So let's say it's a 4 and a 6. You only need 3 picks out of your remaining 8-10 to get the guys I talked about (TE, RB, OL). You can probably even go ahead and take a WR at some point still b/c there's a lot of depth.

I know what you mean about not having so many WRs on the field at a time, but if you look at last season and consider how many injuries we had at the position--it really doesn't hurt to be 5 deep at the position, with guys like Nelson, Hill and/or a rookie on the back end.

Some Philly blog says that he might not fetch a 3rd in return. I don't know the Philly writer scene.. he might just be their version of our Cimini.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/DeSean-Jackson-might-not-even-attract-a-3rd-round-pick.html

True. And if it works out that 3rd round pick doesn't seem like a big deal. Maybe with a new GM, a familiar OC and a new attitude from Rex, the situation is less likely to impose.

I am all for trades utilizing draft picks on proven players that are needs and not luxuries. Draft picks are crap shoots.

Some Philly blog says that he might not fetch a 3rd in return. I don't know the Philly writer scene.. he might just be their version of our Cimini.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/DeSean-Jackson-might-not-even-attract-a-3rd-round-pick.html

From the article:

However, the value of DeSean Jackson to the Eagles and what teams will give up for him are two completely different things.

In 2013, there were 73 underclassmen who declared for the NFL draft. That was a record high. In 2014, there are over 100 underclassmen who declared for the draft. As a result, it is bloated with talent, as Steelers GM Kevin Colbert called it the deepest draft in 30 years.

Because of the bloated talent pool in this year's draft, teams are going to guard their picks like my dog guards the leftovers of a T-bone steak. When pondering a trade for DeSean Jackson, they are going to focus on the negatives, and there are plenty of them:

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/DeSean-Jackson-might-not-even-attract-a-3rd-round-pick.html#GWb3Ggf1FzCAbu0Y.99

2:57 especially will make your pee pee stiff

I don't think you even need to watch it to get the idea... When was the last time we had a guy on offense that anyone could actually make a six and a half minute highlight reel on?

I don't think you even need to watch it to get the idea... When was the last time we had a guy on offense that anyone could actually make a six and a half minute highlight reel on?

I looked up the Clyde Gates highlight reel but nothing came up.  Think maybe its on Hulu or something?

It should be clarified that this "done deal" is not necessarily with the Jets.  They don't seem to know who it is with.  Not to mention, given that this report is from yesterday and there's been no further news on it yet, it's sure sounding like it's completely bogus.  The full article would probably be of help:

**BREAKING**: The Eagles have agreed in principle to trade WR DeSean Jackson.
Pro Football Spot has learned from a source with knowledge of the situation that the Eagles have agreed in principle to trade WR DeSean Jackson.

The source, who agreed to speak on condition of anonymity, is inside the Eagles organization.

Compensation and the trade partner are not known at this time and the trade could still fall through. However, at this point, a deal has been struck for the services of DeSean Jackson.

Jackson totaled 82 catches for 1,332 yards and 9 TDs last season with Chip Kelly as his head coach and Michael Vick/Nick Foles as his QB.

Edit, 8:01 PM ET:
Via Rotoworld:
Edit, 8:13 PM ET:
Ian Rapoport just tweeted the following:

Ian Rapoport         @RapSheet

I said early the #Jets were among the teams that called the #Eagles about DeSean Jackson. Two others: #Panthers & #Raiders. Lots of interest

If we ars the "mystery team" in question, it would only be that we sign Michael Vick. That bid now makes more sense, especially when ot is going to cost us to cap for a QB that will onlu be able to play 40-60% of the time in each game...

This site is accurate. It was founded by Charlie Burkowitz

His self-written twitter bio:

"I report rumors and stories from MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL." 

his last big breaking story:

Charlie Burkowitz BREAKING NEWS: Jets, Asomugha have agreed sources say. 6 yr deal, details being ironed out but framework 

Archived