DeSean Jackson (MERGED)

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... Idzik refuses to offer all these players fair deals during the 1st week of the off-season, then he tries to go out and blow his wad on a dog torturer and his best friend Crip-sy McCriperson.

In Idzik we trust.  Damned if he doesn't damned of he does.

Wow... Idzik refuses to offer all these players fair deals during the 1st week of the off-season, then he tries to go out and blow his wad on a dog torturer and his best friend Crip-sy McCriperson.

When you think about about it, Idzik's a gang banging dog torturer.

Yeah. He clearly cares about PR, so it doesn't surprise me that he'd call the other billionaires before singing a controversial player. But absolutely nothing about what we've done in the last 14 months suggests we're trying to win now.

I saw this Mehta quip and I thought of you

Owner Woody Johnson acknowledged at the league meetings in Orlando Sunday that the Jets are "looking at" DeSean Jackson.

Johnson's comments could be construed as tampering because D-Jax remains under contract with Philadelphia, but it's hard to imagine the NFL doing anything about that. "We’re looking at a number of players, including DeSean," stated Johnson, who seems to be getting anxious after his club missed the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. "I'm not going to use the word patient anymore," he added, referring to winning. "We want to do it now." Jackson and Eric Decker would give the Jets a formidable wideout duo for new quarterback Michael Vick.

I saw this Mehta quip and I thought of you

Owner Woody Johnson acknowledged at the league meetings in Orlando Sunday that the Jets are "looking at" DeSean Jackson.

Johnson's comments could be construed as tampering because D-Jax remains under contract with Philadelphia, but it's hard to imagine the NFL doing anything about that. "We’re looking at a number of players, including DeSean," stated Johnson, who seems to be getting anxious after his club missed the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. "I'm not going to use the word patient anymore," he added, referring to winning. "We want to do it now." Jackson and Eric Decker would give the Jets a formidable wideout duo for new quarterback Michael Vick.

Isn't Jackson being offered up to trade?   Why would looking at him be considered Tampering?

Johnson's comments could be construed as tampering because D-Jax remains under contract with Philadelphia, but it's hard to imagine the NFL doing anything about that. "We’re looking at a number of players, including DeSean," stated Johnson, who seems to be getting anxious after his club missed the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. "I'm not going to use the word patient anymore," he added, referring to winning. "We want to do it now." Jackson and Eric Decker would give the Jets a formidable wideout duo for new quarterback Michael Vick.

Isn't Jackson being offered up to trade?   Why would looking at him be considered Tampering?

The Eagles haven't offered him up for trade publicly and mentioning a player who is under contract with another team could undermine the teams attempt to keep him.

The Eagles haven't offered him up for trade publicly and mentioning a player who is under contract with another team could undermine the teams attempt to keep him.

When asked in the same interview what compensation the Eagles were asking, Woody  Replied "you would have to speak to John about that"  I would assume that meant that   they had been talking to the Eagles about a trade

MARCH 23, 2014 5:24 PM

Jets owner Woody Johnson says team has discussed Eagles WR DeSean Jackson, who is on trading block

BY MANISH MEHTA

ORLANDO -- Owner Woody Johnson confirmed that the Jets have indeed had internal discussions at the very least about Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who appears on his way out of Philadelphia.

The Jets have been among a handful of teams linked to the Pro Bowl wideout, but Johnson intimated that his team isn’t likely to make a trade.

“We’re looking at a number of players, including DeSean,” Johnson said at the league meetings on Sunday. “He’s a very good player, but we’re looking at a number of them. A trade is not our primary operating motif right now. We’re trying to build through the draft. Building through the draft is something that I think is the way to build a successful team long term.”

Per NFL rules, Johnson isn’t allowed to talk about a player under contract on another team, but it’s highly unlikely the Eagles would file a grievance to the league office (since all indications are they want to move Jackson).

Johnson also isn’t asking Jets fans to be patient like he did last summer.

“I’m not going to use the word ‘patient’ anymore,” Johnson said. “We want to do it now. Our job is to perform for our audience and that’s what we want to do.”

Adding Jackson would certainly fall in line with a “win now” mindset.

Would the Jets pursue Jackson if the Eagles simply released him? Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’s familiarity with Jackson from their days together in Philadelphia makes it an intriguing option. Mornhinweg was instrumental in the Jets’ decision to sign former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick last week.

“We’re always interested in talent,” Johnson said when asked if the Jets would want Jackson if he were cut. “If it’s somebody that fits into our locker room and understands that he can fit into our culture at a price that we can afford or we feel is appropriate, then we’d do it.”

A source told the Daily News on Saturday that Jackson, who had 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns last season, wasn’t interested in restructuring his contract. However, it seems unlikely that a team would give up a mid-round pick – the Eagles reportedly are looking for a third rounder – and pay the $10.5 million salary that Jackson is scheduled to earn in 2014. Jackson, who has three years left on his contract, will count $12 million against the 2015 cap and $10.5 million in 2016, according to spotrac.com.

“Philly is trading him or cutting him,” a source told the News on Saturday. “That’s a fact. They don’t want him.”

Johnson said that he didn’t know specifics about whether the Eagles reached out to the Jets or vice versa about the 27-year-old receiver.

“I don’t know what the status of that is in terms of who’s reached out to who,” Johnson said. “I haven’t talked to DeSean or his agent or anybody else.”

Johnson said he did not “have any sense” of what kind of compensation the Eagles might be looking for in a trade.

“You can ask John (Idzik) that,” Johnson said.

Jackson would give the Jets a bona fide No. 1 receiver. A 1-2 tandem of Jackson and newly acquired Eric Decker would boost one of the league’s most anemic passing attacks from last season.

It seems much more likely that the Jets would pursue Jackson on the open market rather than pony up a draft pick and pick up his current contract.

Although Idzik spoke last week about “sustainable success” for the organization, it’s clear that Johnson believes the Jets can win now.

“Look at the difference between last year and this year,” Johnson said. “The team can turn very fast in the NFL. You saw Seattle. I’ve seen a lot of teams that came from the bottom… that weren’t doing that well to winning Super Bowls. So, it’s there. I think we’re trying to put ourselves in position to accomplish those objectives.”

http://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

Um, that is not the crip sign.

I know it may not be a direct crip sign...but there are affiliate sets that dont necessarily throw up the c.

I do know that Desean is a rapper...and take a guess what he raps about?

Yeah...hes a turd.

And if they aquire him...Im still rooting for them cause....holy s#!t, this team would be exciting.

I know it may not be a direct crip sign...but there are affiliate sets that dont necessarily throw up the c.

I do know that Desean is a rapper...and take a guess what he raps about?

Yeah...hes a turd.

And if they aquire him...Im still rooting for them cause....holy s#!t, this team would be exciting.

DeSean doesn't even go outside in his own neighborhood, better yet gang bang. C'mon folk. Nyan Boateng was his roommate at Cal, hit him up on twitta (Twitter).

Well at least we know one teams out the race.

AP

We noted this morning that some of the teams who are reportedly interested in trading for Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson probably aren’t really interested. The 49ers are one team that has reportedly shown some interest. And now the 49ers say they have not actually expressed any interest.

San Francisco General Manager Trent Baalke told CSNBayArea.com that his team has had no discussions with the Eagles about trading for Jackson.

“Right now, he’s under contract with the Philadelphia Eagles,” Baalke said. “We’ve not made any contact with the Eagles relative to a trade for DeSean Jackson. . . . As of this moment, those reports are totally misleading and false.”

The 49ers could use another wide receiver, but Baalke indicated that he doesn’t believe in building a team with major free agent signings.

“I do believe you’re never one player away because too much can happen,” Baalke said. “You could acquire that player and the very next day that player gets injured and he’s done for the year. And then you’re back to square one and you have to tell yourself, ‘Well, we’re still one player away.’ I don’t buy that philosophy.”

And Baalke doesn’t sound like a man who’s interested in buying Jackson’s contract in a trade with the Eagles.

DeSean doesn't even go outside in his own neighborhood, better yet gang bang. C'mon folk. Nyan Boateng was his roommate at Cal, hit him up on twitta (Twitter).

Listen...I'll gladly take your word for it...I was just judging the book by its cover.

Just send this info the Idzik so he doesnt get spooked by the OG triple OG act.

MARCH 23, 2014 5:24 PM

Jets owner Woody Johnson says team has discussed Eagles WR DeSean Jackson, who is on trading block

BY MANISH MEHTA

ORLANDO -- Owner Woody Johnson confirmed that the Jets have indeed had internal discussions at the very least about Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who appears on his way out of Philadelphia.

The Jets have been among a handful of teams linked to the Pro Bowl wideout, but Johnson intimated that his team isn’t likely to make a trade.

“We’re looking at a number of players, including DeSean,” Johnson said at the league meetings on Sunday. “He’s a very good player, but we’re looking at a number of them. A trade is not our primary operating motif right now. We’re trying to build through the draft. Building through the draft is something that I think is the way to build a successful team long term.”

Per NFL rules, Johnson isn’t allowed to talk about a player under contract on another team, but it’s highly unlikely the Eagles would file a grievance to the league office (since all indications are they want to move Jackson).

Johnson also isn’t asking Jets fans to be patient like he did last summer.

“I’m not going to use the word ‘patient’ anymore,” Johnson said. “We want to do it now. Our job is to perform for our audience and that’s what we want to do.”

Adding Jackson would certainly fall in line with a “win now” mindset.

Would the Jets pursue Jackson if the Eagles simply released him? Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg’s familiarity with Jackson from their days together in Philadelphia makes it an intriguing option. Mornhinweg was instrumental in the Jets’ decision to sign former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick last week.

“We’re always interested in talent,” Johnson said when asked if the Jets would want Jackson if he were cut. “If it’s somebody that fits into our locker room and understands that he can fit into our culture at a price that we can afford or we feel is appropriate, then we’d do it.”

A source told the Daily News on Saturday that Jackson, who had 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns last season, wasn’t interested in restructuring his contract. However, it seems unlikely that a team would give up a mid-round pick – the Eagles reportedly are looking for a third rounder – and pay the $10.5 million salary that Jackson is scheduled to earn in 2014. Jackson, who has three years left on his contract, will count $12 million against the 2015 cap and $10.5 million in 2016, according to spotrac.com.

“Philly is trading him or cutting him,” a source told the News on Saturday. “That’s a fact. They don’t want him.”

Johnson said that he didn’t know specifics about whether the Eagles reached out to the Jets or vice versa about the 27-year-old receiver.

“I don’t know what the status of that is in terms of who’s reached out to who,” Johnson said. “I haven’t talked to DeSean or his agent or anybody else.”

Johnson said he did not “have any sense” of what kind of compensation the Eagles might be looking for in a trade.

“You can ask John (Idzik) that,” Johnson said.

Jackson would give the Jets a bona fide No. 1 receiver. A 1-2 tandem of Jackson and newly acquired Eric Decker would boost one of the league’s most anemic passing attacks from last season.

It seems much more likely that the Jets would pursue Jackson on the open market rather than pony up a draft pick and pick up his current contract.

Although Idzik spoke last week about “sustainable success” for the organization, it’s clear that Johnson believes the Jets can win now.

“Look at the difference between last year and this year,” Johnson said. “The team can turn very fast in the NFL. You saw Seattle. I’ve seen a lot of teams that came from the bottom… that weren’t doing that well to winning Super Bowls. So, it’s there. I think we’re trying to put ourselves in position to accomplish those objectives.”

http://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

when a young player puts up 1300 + yards and scores 9 TD's and is a force in the return game as well for good field position how much of a locker room mess does this guy have to be for his team not to want him ?

when a young player puts up 1300 + yards and scores 9 TD's and is a force in the return game as well for good field position how much of a locker room mess does this guy have to be for his team not to want him ?

I'm not so sure it's a locker room mess that might prevent the Jets from being interested.

Really haven't followed the events leading up to now but, as I understand the situation Jackson has 3 years left on his contract for 30 million.  After the season he wanted to redo his deal, the Eagles ignored him.  Now it has spun out of control.

Don't know if Woody is going  to want to pay another player who doesn't want to honor his contract

@DYST_Now: Word is Jets are willing to give Tampa Bay's 4th round draft pick and their 5th rounder for DeSean Jackson. Eagles aren't biting though.

Same source that reported Decker signing, and Granderson signing first, but have swung, and missed at others I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt.

@DYST_Now: Word is Jets are willing to give Tampa Bay's 4th round draft pick and their 5th rounder for DeSean Jackson. Eagles aren't biting though.

Same source that reported Decker signing, and Granderson signing first, but have swung, and missed at others I've heard, so take it with a grain of salt.

I can't see why we are offering anything if they are going to release him, again this might be one of those cases where Woody has got involved, and the Jets are bidding against themselves because the clueless owner wants his shiny new toy now!

By the end of the day tomorrow DeSean Jackson will be a NY Jet.

Giants fans hate him that's another reason I want him on the Jets.

Giants fans hate him and will be thrilled he is a jet. Believe me. No giants fan will be upset at not having jackson suit up for the eagles to play the giants 2x a year

I can't see why we are offering anything if they are going to release him, again this might be one of those cases where Woody has got involved, and the Jets are bidding against themselves because the clueless owner wants his shiny new toy now!

It is interesting because if you trade for him you pick up that contract.  On waivers you work out something new with him.  I am not sure what he would get on the open market but 10 million per year seems high right now.  

It is interesting because if you trade for him you pick up that contract.  On waivers you work out something new with him.  I am not sure what he would get on the open market but 10 million per year seems high right now.

Yup, again this has the stink of Woody J all over it! I don't think getting him is a bad move as long as it's done the right way.

Archived