DeSean Jackson (MERGED)

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson has never been in real trouble with the law. He is a budding rap artist who is trying to drum up some street credibility to sell records. Is he the squeaky clean high character player that many would want us to go after, probably not; but you can all keep your choir boys, I will take a game breaking player at a need position every time. 

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports DeSean Jackson texted and called a few teammates on Tuesday to inform them that he'll be back with the Eagles in 2014.

Early Tuesday morning, Jackson tweeted that he spoke with coach Chip Kelly: "Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !!" It's reportedly the first time the two have spoken since the end of the season, and it appears the Eagles and/or Jackson may have had a change of heart regarding the situation in Philly. We doubt Jackson has agreed or will agree to a pay cut, but the Eagles, who are in win-now mode, may put up with their outspoken receiver for another season. Coach Kelly will speak with the media on Wednesday.

When you have 3, 4th round picks...I'd trade the 3rd for Jackson.  Would have been hesitant before the comp picks...but now?   I'd do it.  Plenty of ammo to move up if they are really in love with a 3rd rounder.

I wouldn't even consider the third.

But with the addition of the fourth rounder, that would make it easier for me to do the 4th & 5th that's been rumored - although I still think that's a lot. As a talent he's worth significantly more than that, but his contract (and his dissatisfaction with it) and these gang affiliations start to draw unfavorable comparisons to Revis and Hernandez - fairly or not. If the rumor of the Jets offer is true, I really don't think anyone else in the league will be offering more. I'd wait the Eagles out.

Link?

Ah, I was just kidding. There is no link!

Here's the rest of the blurb I made up:

Early Tuesday morning, Jackson tweeted that he spoke with coach Chip Kelly: "Good to Talk to BIg Chip today !! Say or hear what ya want !!" It's reportedly the first time the two have spoken since the end of the season, and it appears the Eagles and/or Jackson may have had a change of heart regarding the situation in Philly. We doubt Jackson has agreed or will agree to a pay cut, but the Eagles, who are in win-now mode, may put up with their outspoken receiver for another season. Coach Kelly will speak with the media on Wednesday.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports DeSean Jackson texted and called a few teammates on Tuesday to inform them that he'll be back with the Eagles in 2014.

Link? lol

This still doesn't mean anything. We are at the height of bullsh*t season. This could all be a ploy to get someone to pony up more in a trade for DJax...

Maybe, but the guy is under contract, had a damn good season, and they really don't get much out of trading a 4th or 5th round for him.

There's no reason to believe this recent report, or really anything about this story unless it's official.

This is the nature of the NFL off season media speculation; no news offers more news stories than actual news because reporters and analysts think they can comment and attract attention as much as they want and not be held accountable for their baseless comments or information from "sources".

With all the draft picks we have why not give Philadelphia a 3rd round pick. I can assure you no 3rd round pick will equal DeSean Jackson.

That pick could potentially be their QB of the future, with a four year contract who's total value would cost less than 8 games of DeSean. A lot of good players available in the third round, especially in this year's deep class.

That pick could potentially be their QB of the future, with a four year contract who's total value would cost less than 8 games of DeSean. A lot of good players available in the third round, especially in this year's deep class.

Depends if you base it on previous draft day history I disagree. DeSean Jackson puts on a Jets uniform and instantly contributes to the teams success.

Archived