DeSean Jackson (MERGED)

LAD_Brooklyn

I probably just made this trade happen with these two tweets:

@DeseanJackson10 If you come to the Jets can you also bring Lesean with you? Thanks.

Hi @DeniseWhite_EAG we would like to book @DeseanJackson10 for 16 regular season appearances in Metlife for the #NYJets. + Playoffs and SB.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to all the other concerns, I'm now worried that if were to trade for DeSean Jackson and Geno Smith beats out Michael Vick in camp, then maybe DeSean becomes a malcontent... that has to worry you.

If you make the trade for Jackson you go in knowing that he is going to be a problem.  Seriously, you can't really count on anything else.  You have to figure it will be an issue and then do the math from there. Does his on the field performance make it worth it?

Like I previously said, they have the highest cash spending in the NFL at $138 mil. Not sure how ok the owner feels about that but that's insanely high and most especially compare to the $83 mil the Jets have spend. They can still cut Ryan and Celek to get save $11 mil though. But if Johnson wasn't to repeat his production from last season he would most likely be force to get cut so if Philly can get good compensation from him now they'll take it.

5469473655_3ee3276cb2.jpg

I originally thought when the Eagles traded a 5th for Sproles, the writing was on the wall for McCoy. I also thought, "even if they want to make the running game a 2 headed monster, how friggin stupid to take snaps away from the beast McCoy," because he can actually carry the ball out of the backfield. Then I realized Sproles is pretty much a WR that lines up out of the backfield and makes his money on YAC screen plays. The Eagles could afford to give up DJax now.

I think they can get a 4th, but may wind up getting a 5th because of DJax's contract and "strained relationship" with one of the coaches. If we give up a 5th for him:

1. Good job Idzik

2. Uh, didn't we trade a 5th for another #10 WR diva with an attitude problem

3. We become more dangerous (how can we be less dangerous than last season?)

4. ...got nothin for here...

They are looking to get rid of him because he is a total pain in the ass, lol.

But the Jets lost a total pain in the ass in Holmes, who didn't produce. So they can at least consider bringing in a PIA that will produce.

It wouldn't be ideal, but if they have Morhinweg pressing for it internally (I have no idea if he is) -- but in that case it would be worth considering. But for me it would be a 3rd round pick, nothing more.

here's an idea lets have the offensive coordinator run the whole team lol amirite

I originally thought when the Eagles traded a 5th for Sproles, the writing was on the wall for McCoy. I also thought, "even if they want to make the running game a 2 headed monster, how friggin stupid to take snaps away from the beast McCoy," because he can actually carry the ball out of the backfield. Then I realized Sproles is pretty much a WR that lines up out of the backfield and makes his money on YAC screen plays. The Eagles could afford to give up DJax now.

I think they can get a 4th, but may wind up getting a 5th because of DJax's contract and "strained relationship" with one of the coaches. If we give up a 5th for him:

1. Good job Idzik

2. Uh, didn't we trade a 5th for another #10 WR diva with an attitude problem

3. We become more dangerous (how can we be less dangerous than last season?)

4. ...got nothin for here...

Cap wise we are the only teams who showed interest who wouldn't go past or near the salary cap if we traded for Jackson. So without bidding against ourselves I think a 5th is reasonable. Panthers can't afford to have Johnson, Hardy and Jackson all to account for $10+ mil while trying to get a contract together for Cam. Raiders would only have enough for rookie salary after completing such a trade.

Cap wise we are the only teams who showed interest who wouldn't go past or near the salary cap if we traded for Jackson. So without bidding against ourselves I think a 5th is reasonable. Panthers can't afford to have Johnson, Hardy and Jackson all to account for $10+ mil while trying to get a contract together for Cam. Raiders would only have enough for rookie salary after completing such a trade.

Are you sure about the Raiders? It was my understanding they had more cap space than anyone in the league before the Schaub trade.

Are you sure about the Raiders? It was my understanding they had more cap space than anyone in the league before the Schaub trade.

After signing ..

OT Donald Penn (2 years, $9.6M; $4.2M guaranteed)

WR James Jones (3 years, $10M; $3.65M guaranteed)

G/C Kevin Boothe (2 years, $2.625 million)

Along with taking on Shaub's $11 mil cap hit the past few days the Raiders only have $15 mil in cap space left which ranks them 9th with most of the teams above having more cap space due to roll over money. Like the Browns who's salary cap is at $150 mil.

After signing ..

OT Donald Penn (2 years, $9.6M; $4.2M guaranteed)

WR James Jones (3 years, $10M; $3.65M guaranteed)

G/C Kevin Boothe (2 years, $2.625 million)

Along with taking on Shaub's $11 mil cap hit the past few days the Raiders only have $15 mil in cap space left which ranks them 9th with most of the teams above having more cap space due to roll over money. Like the Browns who's salary cap is at $150 mil.

Thanks. This is good news!

Vick on DeSean..

"If there is an oppurtunity to get DeSean, I'm pretty sure New York Jets fans would be in high favor of that," Vick said. "If (DeSean) ends up in New York, we'll be happy -- just as happy as he will be."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/desean_jackson_tweets_about_michael_vick_as_rumors_fly_eagles_could_trade_him_to_jets.html

We don't need Johnson. We need a corner. Or if we score 35 points a game, without a corner the Browns are gonna hang 50 on us.

What CB is worth a dime? Carlos Rodgers, Asante Samuel, Champ Bailey? None of those guys have any upside. No one should want any of those guys over Chris Johnson. As for MJD, when is this guy visiting?

What CB is worth a dime? Carlos Rodgers, Asante Samuel, Champ Bailey? None of those guys have any upside. No one should want any of those guys over Chris Johnson. As for MJD, when is this guy visiting?

At this point, not too much to be had. I hope the Joseph trade rumors have some sort of realistic possibility. I was more reflecting on the entirety of free agency when we had a chance. Goodson is on our roster, lets see if he has anything. MJD visited the Steelers and has a return visit scheduled. 

At this point, not too much to be had. I hope the Joseph trade rumors have some sort of realistic possibility. I was more reflecting on the entirety of free agency when we had a chance. Goodson is on our roster, lets see if he has anything. MJD visited the Steelers and has a return visit scheduled.

The way Goodson contract was restructured, he's basically a training camp invite. Dude miss basically the entire season as he played just under 20 snaps before tearing both his MCL and ACL. The odds are against him even making the team. With that said Idzik is highly interested in adding another RB as he must not be planning on using one of his 12 picks to find a third RB. MJD is asking for $3.5 mil, knowing Idzik he'll low ball him with a two years $5 mil offer.

Joseph is set to make $7.5 mil which would workout for us. But not sure how willing Texans is to make a trade. Would have no problem trading trading a 5th for him but he's not totally a scrub yet therefore I see the Texans keeping him.

Gaw-dammit Mehta!!!

New York Daily New's Manish Mehta reports DeSean Jackson is unwilling to restructure the $10.5 million he is scheduled to make in 2014.

Manish added a source told him, "Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact. They don't want him." Cutting Jackson would save the Eagles around $6 million against the cap this season and, more importantly, about $11 million against the 2015 cap. The Eagles would obviously much rather trade Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure and the Eagles' intention to cut him make a trade unlikely. The Jets and Panthers would lead the chase if/when Jackson is released. San Francisco and Seattle are also interested.

Gaw-dammit Mehta!!!

New York Daily New's Manish Mehta reports DeSean Jackson is unwilling to restructure the $10.5 million he is scheduled to make in 2014.

Manish added a source told him, "Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact. They don't want him." Cutting Jackson would save the Eagles around $6 million against the cap this season and, more importantly, about $11 million against the 2015 cap. The Eagles would obviously much rather trade Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure and the Eagles' intention to cut him make a trade unlikely. The Jets and Panthers would lead the chase if/when Jackson is released. San Francisco and Seattle are also interested.

The Jets can comfortably afford that under their current cap. If they're the only ones, that should make it cheap in terms of draft picks. Then if he throws a hissy fit when the Jets let Vick go next year, they can trade or cut him with no cap ramifications at all.

The Jets can comfortably afford that under their current cap. If they're the only ones, that should make it cheap in terms of draft picks. Then if he throws a hissy fit when the Jets let Vick go next year, they can trade or cut him with no cap ramifications at all.

Not worth the cash.

Archived