DeSean Jackson (MERGED)

LAD_Brooklyn

Gaw-dammit Mehta!!!

I would rather trade for him then out right sign him to a new deal as I'm comfortable with his current deal with no guarantee basically. What exactly would Desean make on the open market? Probably not too much more but certainly 100% more security. Also through signing bonus any team can fit him under the cap for about $4-5 mil. Just trade a 5th or 6th rounder and get it done Idzik.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather trade for him then out right sign him to a new deal as I'm comfortable with his current deal with no guarantee basically. What exactly would Desean make on the open market? Probably not too much more but certainly 100% more security. Also through signing bonus any team can fit him under the cap for about $4-5 mil. Just trade a 5th or 6th rounder and get it done Idzik.

That's actually an excellent point. 

If we get him, the Jets will have the #9 and #12 receivers in football last year. Unthinkable.

Is that in terms of yards or fantasy football?

DeSean Jackson and Chris Johnson can you imagine that offense under MM?  The Jets will be a force to be reckoned with and possibly Super Bowl bound.

Last season we had so many pawns. Add those guys in with Decker and Vick and now we're talking about the addition of rooks, bishops and knights given to a creative play caller.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. They can afford it, easily. Jackson would step right in as their #1 WR, and if it doesn't work out, they can move him along with no cap charge.

If he hits free agency, somehow I don't trust Idzik to consummate a deal. Not sure why.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. They can afford it, easily. Jackson would step right in as their #1 WR, and if it doesn't work out, they can move him along with no cap charge.

If he hits free agency, somehow I don't trust Idzik to consummate a deal. Not sure why.

Some reports are that DJax's agent is letting teams know he wants a new deal if traded anyway. 

the truly scary is that they will be ranked in the 60's after a season of Geno Ball.

Well at least we would know what the problem is and invest in QB next draft instead giving him a lack of weapons and have it be a mystery as to whether it him or him needing more pieces.

A guy who complains about his contract and shows up late to meetings. There is a reason philly wants to unload him

The New York Daily News' Manish Mehta reports DeSean Jackson is unwilling to restructure his $10.5 million salary to expedite a trade, and may ultimately be released by the Eagles.

"Philly is trading him or cutting him. That's a fact," a source told Mehta. "They don't want him." Cutting Jackson would save $6.5 million against the 2014 cap, and perhaps more importantly, shave roughly $11 million off Philly's 2015 salary cap commitments. The Eagles would obviously much rather trade Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure and the Eagles' intent to cut him make a trade increasingly unlikely. The Jets and Panthers would lead the chase if/when Jackson is released. San Francisco and Seattle are also reportedly interested.

Reminder: the Eagles want Riley Cooper on their team and Desean Jackson off of it.

That has more to do with the types of receivers that Chip Kelly wants and their contracts, compared to their talent level.  Riley Cooper at $5 million is significantly different than Desean Jackson at $10.25 million. 

The New York Post reports the Jets have interest in DeSean Jackson, but "not at his current price."

The Eagles are actively shopping Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure makes any potential deal unlikely. Trade talks for Jackson are expected to intensify at this week's league meetings, with the Jets, Panthers, 49ers and Seahawks among the teams that have expressed interest. Jackson is owed $10.7 million in 2014 and could ultimately be released

The New York Post reports the Jets have interest in DeSean Jackson, but "not at his current price."

The Eagles are actively shopping Jackson, but his unwillingness to restructure makes any potential deal unlikely. Trade talks for Jackson are expected to intensify at this week's league meetings, with the Jets, Panthers, 49ers and Seahawks among the teams that have expressed interest. Jackson is owed $10.7 million in 2014 and could ultimately be released

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 39m

Source: Jets have interest in Eagles' DeSean Jackson, but not at his current price. He is scheduled to make $10.25 this year. #nyj

The only way the Jets are landing Jackson is via trade. The Seahawks and 49ers are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, and Carolina has a legitimate QB. John Idzik would have to significantly outbid those teams to attract DeSean, and that's really not the way he seems to want to do business.

The only way the Jets are landing Jackson is via trade. The Seahawks and 49ers are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, and Carolina has a legitimate QB. John Idzik would have to significantly outbid those teams to attract DeSean, and that's really not the way he seems to want to do business.

I have to say I'm a little puzzled by the Seahawks interest. You'd think with Harvin on board, they'd be set. Everything I've understood about the "Seattle model" doesn't really indicate they'd be happy having 23 million dollars worth of starting wide receiver.

I honestly dont see the problem with trading a third for him, he is essentially on 1 year deals for the next 3 years because there is no money guaranteed. #TradeForTheBeast

Why are we trading a third for someone about to get cut? Imagine the Raider trading a 3rd rounder for Shaub?

And that's exactly what Idzik will do.  5 mill per year 5 mill bonus.  We have multiple picks in later rounds though we cant trade the compensatory ones. Our regular 6th rounder will do.

Archived