Willie Colon re-signed

Klecko73isGod

Give it a second, it'll come.  

I'll toss out a few ideas and see if anyone picks em up and rolls with it. 1) biceps injury was suffered late in the season: not allowing him to work out, possibly not in shape or ready for camp.  2) Too vocal in the locker room and to the media. 3) Too ardent of a Rex supporter. 3) That's just like Idzik to sign an injured player for a guaranteed roster spot.  And go.

You really don't think the Jets medical staff was consulted about his prognosis to play this season before that commitment was made? Idzik really has not impressed the image that he he is not methodical and does his due diligence? GTFO

You really don't think the Jets medical staff was consulted about his prognosis to play this season before that commitment was made? Idzik really has not impressed the image that he he is not methodical and does his due diligence? GTFO

I thought I was being overtly tongue in cheek in my posts. Especially considering my first post was that I liked the signing. 

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was going to wait to join until after the surge but I saw an article up on ProFootballTalk that annoyed me regarding Colon

New to Jets, Willie Colon hates the Patriots
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 16, 2013, 6:41 AM EDT
350x-592.jpg?w=250Reuters

When Willie Colon was a Steeler, his battles with the Ravens were heated, but professional.

It appears his feelings toward his newest rivals have grown more personal.

The Jets right guard said he had “a lot of different reasons,” for his new distaste for the Patriots, compared to what he knew before.

“It’s weird,” Colon told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News of his days in the AFC Central. “I hated them [the Ravens], but I loved them at the same time, because they’re a team that forced you to give them your best.”

As for the Patriots?

“I just hate them,” Colon said.

Of course, there are financial reasons, as well, as he was ejected and fined about $34,000 after his late-game fight with the Patriots’ sideline during a 13-10 loss.

“I don’t like them,” Colon said. “But at the same time you got to respect what they’ve done as an organization. Winning Super Bowls. They’ve built a tradition there where they get it done. No matter what you feel about them personally, you got to respect that they win.”

No matter how much you hate them, apparently

Ok I don't know if this is Manish's fault or the person who posted the story on Profootballtalk, but the Steelers and Ravens play in the AFC North, not the AFC Central...which doesn't exist. You would think that a "beat" writer could get that correct, but he continues to be a joke who makes up stories and apparently doesn't know the division structure.  Sorry to be the new guy with the long post.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was going to wait to join until after the surge but I saw an article up on ProFootballTalk that annoyed me regarding Colon

New to Jets, Willie Colon hates the Patriots
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 16, 2013, 6:41 AM EDT
350x-592.jpg?w=250Reuters

When Willie Colon was a Steeler, his battles with the Ravens were heated, but professional.

It appears his feelings toward his newest rivals have grown more personal.

The Jets right guard said he had “a lot of different reasons,” for his new distaste for the Patriots, compared to what he knew before.

“It’s weird,” Colon told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News of his days in the AFC Central. “I hated them [the Ravens], but I loved them at the same time, because they’re a team that forced you to give them your best.”

As for the Patriots?

“I just hate them,” Colon said.

Of course, there are financial reasons, as well, as he was ejected and fined about $34,000 after his late-game fight with the Patriots’ sideline during a 13-10 loss.

“I don’t like them,” Colon said. “But at the same time you got to respect what they’ve done as an organization. Winning Super Bowls. They’ve built a tradition there where they get it done. No matter what you feel about them personally, you got to respect that they win.”

No matter how much you hate them, apparently

Ok I don't know if this is Manish's fault or the person who posted the story on Profootballtalk, but the Steelers and Ravens play in the AFC North, not the AFC Central...which doesn't exist. You would think that a "beat" writer could get that correct, but he continues to be a joke who makes up stories and apparently doesn't know the division structure.  Sorry to be the new guy with the long post.

As far as Manish goes.. Stupid is as stupid does.

Sorry for overreacting.. i REally like that the right side of our line now will be just nasty Mo Fo's 

No worries man, it's difficult to tell sarcasm from earnest responses on here.  What's funny is that while both Colon and Breno are guys with nasty streaks, they grade out better in pass-pro than the running game.  The ground-game was hitting a stride towards the end of the season, hopefully they can keep it going: more importantly, hopefully Ivory stays healthy and Goodson can get on the field.

I expect an identical signing at CB, in that they'll bring back Cromartie after flirting with the idea of upgrading at the position. Not so sure about WR. I've read that they think Hill can still be the burner opposite Decker. That could be smoke-blowing, but they do have Kerley and Nelson, and WR is still probably the most likely position to be taken at #18.

We'll see. I read the same thing about Hill.

I've also read that this draft is very deep at WR, and after the top 2 guys you could make the case that the next tier is all about even... and some of them projected as 2nd rounders. While CB has a much bigger drop-off after the top 2. 

I haven't read much about OL to be honest, and I'm guessing we won't use a high pick on TE only because of other more pressing needs. Unless for some reason the Jets have Ebron or Amaro at the tippy top of the Idzik board. Who knows... 

We'll see. I read the same thing about Hill.

I've also read that this draft is very deep at WR, and after the top 2 guys you could make the case that the next tier is all about even... and some of them projected as 2nd rounders. While CB has a much bigger drop-off after the top 2. 

I haven't read much about OL to be honest, and I'm guessing we won't use a high pick on TE only because of other more pressing needs. Unless for some reason the Jets have Ebron or Amaro at the tippy top of the Idzik board. Who knows... 

Heard G is a deep position in the draft as well.  Not up to date on the names but I heard you can get a good one as late are Round 4.  Heard it from multiple sources but to lazy to look it up.

As far as this nasty mofo Colon is concerned, I'd take him with me to a fight any day.  OLINE needs a nasty dood and Colon fits the bill and proved it last year.  Happy to have him back and I hope he stays healthy.

Heard G is a deep position in the draft as well.  Not up to date on the names but I heard you can get a good one as late are Round 4.  Heard it from multiple sources but to lazy to look it up.

As far as this nasty mofo Colon is concerned, I'd take him with me to a fight any day.  OLINE needs a nasty dood and Colon fits the bill and proved it last year.  Happy to have him back and I hope he stays healthy.

The new guy has a nasty streak like that too. 

Yep. Playing with a mean streak was also one of the positives noted on Brian Winters' scouting report last year. Idzik likes his linemen to be nasty.

Truth.

Too bad he's stuck with Brick and Mangold who are like the Bert and Ernie of offensive linemen.

Truth.

Too bad he's stuck with Brick and Mangold who are like the Bert and Ernie of offensive linemen.

Lol

In fairness to Brick, he was ejected for that brawl at the end of the first Pats game last year. I think Colon's attitude rubbed off on him.

Lol

In fairness to Brick, he was ejected for that brawl at the end of the first Pats game last year. I think Colon's attitude rubbed off on him.

It did, but both guys are such choir boys... leftovers from the "Mangini guy" era. I love them both, but if you are going to have 2 good-natured dudes on your line, then you need the other 3 to be sons of bitches.

Speaking of the OL, the Jets were interviewing yet another center prospect (Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma). I believe that they've officially talked to the top three prospects already.

Don't buy the green bananas, Mangold.

I agree, they're going to trade him...I'm surprised it's not getting any attention, Jason called it months ago on his website,.after the original shock it really makes sense.

Archived