Why start now? Homeboy will be in bankruptcy within 24 hours of cashing his last NFL check.

Actually, in all fairness to Cro, he's grown up a bit in that department. They did a big piece on him where he detailed how his accountants and he have set up trusts for each child to go to college and how he can live the life he wants should he have retired that same year.  He also is on the committee that counsels younger athletes coming in to the NFL as well. 

He made be acting like a total bitch right now, but he's matured a fair amount, especially when it comes to finances.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#ThanksIdzik   Fixing our cornerback problem by missing out on one corner after another. Great job douche.

Patience, this is only the 2nd week of free agency. There must be a ton of shutdown corners left on the market...     PATIENCE!!

They have been linked to Claibourne and Joseph.  They must not have liked the job Cro has done.  Seems like Joseph really does not fit the Idzik mold.  I mean he has had some injuries, but he is kind of old!

I didn't realize that JJ is going to be 30 when the season starts.  

How is losing one of the worst ranked CBs in the entirety of the NFL going backwards? Seriously, besides your incessant need to complain, explain how this is such a bad thing?

You want to see this nothing off-season as a success, so you're trying to bend and twist your mind to get it done. Hey, try to keep some perspective here. Cro had the worst year of his career in 13. Is that a fair representation of his play down the road? Consider that he had one of the BEST years of his career  just the year before in 12, when Revis when down and he was lined up on #1's all game, every game.

I'm surprised by this, always thought that they were going to bring him back, but that's life in the NFL. And I agree Cro has matured a lot in the last few years. Yes he has a ton of kids and that is a running joke, but he really shown a lot of maturity the last few years because he surrounded himself with the right people, appartently his accountant I remember reading. I'm a little upset we lost him but move on.

You want to see this nothing off-season as a success, so you're trying to bend and twist your mind to get it done. Hey, try to keep some perspective here. Cro had the worst year of his career in 13. Is that a fair representation of his play down the road? Consider that he had one of the BEST years of his career  just the year before in 12, when Revis when down and he was lined up on #1's all game, every game.

Listen, I've said all along that I don't think Cro is done, I blame his poor play on the hip. However, you are acting like replacing his play from last year is verging on the impossible, which it most clearly is not. We are not comparing next year's secondary to 2012, we're talking about last year's, in which he played terribly. Thus, losing him is not that big of a deal.  

Jesus, if we signed him, you would still be pissing and moaning about how Idzik couldn't land a big named FA and all we're left with is the terrible, injured Cromartie. You can't have it both ways, it's borderline childish.

• Upvote 1

Look at how out of touch with reality your boy Idzik is:

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP 11m

Idzik adamantly denies the Jets missed any opportunities in free agency.

LOL

You keep forgetting that he's from Seattle. He'll draft an all pro CB in the fifth round after finding a franchise QB in the third. No sweat.

• Upvote 1

You keep forgetting that he's from Seattle. He'll draft an all pro CB in the fifth round after finding a franchise QB in the third. No sweat.

If he's going to do that, he's welcome to do whatever else he wants. Just don't think he will.

Get ready for another CB in round 1 and Decker being our #1 WR come opening day. Ridiculous.

What has Idzik done to show you that he'll do anything besides draft BPA? Why would he draft CB over WR, when WR is clearly just as big, if not a bigger need?

I know it is fun to get all worked up about this, but Antonio Cromartie was not what we needed to propel this defense forward.  I was affraid we would resign him and then give up looking for better solutions.  If they thought Cromartie could still play, they would have tried to rework his deal.

I know that we like to blame his play on the injury, but the injury is 5+ years old.  It could be chronic.  He broke his hip in 2008 and played the whole season.  That was supposedly why his play fell off a cliff after his big 2007.  I have also read he hurt it or the other side in 2007 and that his 2007 play was overrated and just a bunch of picks interspersed between poor play.  I that those reports with a grain of salt. OTOH, he kind of sucked in 2009 too (Greee playoff) and he has supposedly alreay had it fixed.  he might not be right this season either and he is about to turn 30.  

He had a great attitude about being here and seemed willing to do anything - WR, KR, etc. so it is a shame to lose him on a one year deal. 

• Upvote 1

Antonio, act like a man.

Really.  The team made him a wealthy, wealthy person.  Before they even really got into bed together, the team laid out his child support money that he spent on who knows what.

A team has a right to not wanting a player back for millions of dollars.  If the team doesn't think you're worth millions more than they've already paid, then they're disloyal?

Someone doesn't get free agency.  In exchange for his right to shop himself around as a free agent, teams have the right to not sign anyone they don't want.

I have a bit of a soft spot for him because he signed that ball for Mrs. Maxman, but this is a business transaction not an invitation to a party.

That just tells me that Idzik and his scouts think less of the players you are overvaluing than you do. 

It tells me that he's not thinking clearly. If he honestly believes that the Jets couldn't find an upgrade at a good value, when they had 6+ starting positions to upgrade then he is not thinking clearly.

His wife is already online saying it was her sending from his account and apologizing.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/03/antonio_cromarties_wife_claims_she_posted_on_ex-jets_twitter_account_after_cardinals_signing_announc.html

Also a shout out to us?

We wish nothing but the best to you all this season and continue to rock out for JetsNation. I will miss going hard on game days with u

Lady Cro @iluvTERRICKA

Miss.. My family and I will take a big part or JetSNation with us and although I have a lot of unkind words ... http://tmi.me/1dZxFo 

• Upvote 1

It tells me that he's not thinking clearly. If he honestly believes that the Jets couldn't find an upgrade at a good value, when they had 6+ starting positions to upgrade then he is not thinking clearly.

Yes... Idzik's the one who is not thinking clearly. 

I sure hope the Jets have the best drafts in the history of the draft, because we need to draft about 4 or 5 starters for next season, unless you are happy with our second and third stringers starting those needs

I agree we could use talent upgrades everywhere except for the D-line. Realistically, we're likely not going to touch LT, C, K, or #1 QB, but outside of that we're looking to improve everywhere else. When you're in a position like that you're just not that good of a team. When you lack as much talent as we do, then I don't know what to tell you except that barring Geno being the guy, we're probably not a legit SB contender next season. Signing DRC or Revis for short-term, or Pettigrew, or Howard, or Cro is not going to make us that contender next season or put us in a better position the season after next to get there either. I agree, this year's draft is super-important, but not just so we compete next season, but getting building blocks moving forward to build the team.  

• Upvote 2

I agree we could use talent upgrades everywhere except for the D-line. Realistically, we're likely not going to touch LT, C, K, or #1 QB, but outside of that we're looking to improve everywhere else. When you're in a position like that you're just not that good of a team. When you lack as much talent as we do, then I don't know what to tell you except that barring Geno being the guy, we're probably not a legit SB contender next season. Signing DRC or Revis for short-term, or Pettigrew, or Howard, or Cro is not going to make us that contender next season or put us in a better position the season after next to get there either. I agree, this year's draft is super-important, but not just so we compete next season, but getting building blocks moving forward to build the team.  

I'm sure this factored into this free agency period in no small way.

That just tells me that Idzik and his scouts think less of the players you are overvaluing than you do. 

yup, the effects fantasy football has had on fans views of FA.. 

Why start now? Homeboy will be in bankruptcy within 24 hours of cashing his last NFL check.

Don't forget that the Jets bailed him out financially when he first joined the team.  Unfortunately, Cro had his vasectomy a few years too late, so you are right on about the BK in his future.