My thoughts on the Jets approach.

Villain The Foe

I am resigned to the fact of Rex being here but I felt and feel that you do not hire a GM and not let him pick a coach.  It could still work of course, if Geno makes giant strides.  I feel the D will be better this year with upgrades at LB and safety, and I think they will get those.  It is really hard for rookie QBs in this league, especially coming out of  a totally college offense, and more especially being expected to complete passes to a group of turdmuffins like the ones we had here last year.  We shall see.

Seattle kind of did that.  Carroll was hired and then they hired Schneider with the assumption Carroll handled the Players and Schneider handled the Salaries & Contracts.  Obviously those guys work together, but Seattle gave Pete a lot of control, it seems the Jets gave Idzik far to much control for a guy with no GM experience at all and kept Rex on some "prove it" contract.      

If it works out it makes Woody and Idzil look smarter than the rest of the NFL.  If it doesn't, Rex is fired and Idzik looks like an inexperienced GM who was given too much control.

I think Rex should have been canned WHATEVER the Jets record was. Iggy needs to have a guy as a HC that he is in line with philosophically and Rex Ryan IS NOT THAT GUY. Johnson is so in love with Rex that he should have made Iggy the cap guy and named Rex GM and HC. That way the HC and GM are on the same page. Then you would have seen the Jets NOT sign Decker, but we would have Talib, Revis, Verner, DR-C, and Davis signed to a crowded secondary while nothing would have been done for the offense.

Rex and Idzik are very much on the same page. Seattle was built as a defense-first, ball control team, and that's what Rex has always wanted here. Idzik took two defenders and a bunch of OL in the draft after acquiring two veteran RBs thru FA and a trade. One WR signing doesn't change the basic philosophy.

They're personalities couldn't be much different, but their ideas about how to build a winning football team are right in line.

She could live in Montana and get nonstop media coverage.  She doesn't have to be "seen" in public where she lives.  Take a trip to the city on a record company's private jet, do something that will make headlines, fly home, make 200 tweets about it (ideally while getting into a "feud" with another celeb).  

They don't need to live here to do this.

yeah I get the innernets, but he didn't come here because he thinks geno's an improving QB because idzik sold him on it.

He's smart enough to say that.  he says that to promote an image.  he promotes an image for profit

yeah I get the innernets, but he didn't come here because he thinks geno's an improving QB because idzik sold him on it.

He's smart enough to say that.  he says that to promote an image.  he promotes an image for profit

Did someone say 'Profit'? ;)

quark.jpg

Folks forget this is way he was trained,,build thru draft, make good trades sending draft picks for guys like marshaawn Lynch/harvin, and THEN when team is ready for legit SB run, THEN you spend money in FA like Sealltle did in 2013 and this year (jared Allen??) etc

I do believe that this is Idizk's overall focus.

OK. After seeing what we received in Comp Picks, today, I will certainly give Idzik props for what he did in FA last year. Let some guys "walk" and get some draft value this yr.

If he lands DJ for a 4th, I'll be happy and if he nails the draft I will send him an apology letter.

Still, very disappointed in FA this yr. but I'll step back a bit as I wait to see what's going to happen.

Jets are "rebuilding,"  but they are going after washed up guys like Vick & MJD.....

When you have a coach w/ no job security, how can he accept a rebuilding mode knowing his ass is on the line if they don't make the playoffs.

This is a SAME OLD JETS type of rebuild.... In the end it will be a joke and Idzik will flame out and the next guy will come in.

OK. After seeing what we received in Comp Picks, today, I will certainly give Idzik props for what he did in FA last year. Let some guys "walk" and get some draft value this yr.

If he lands DJ for a 4th, I'll be happy and if he nails the draft I will send him an apology letter.

Still, very disappointed in FA this yr. but I'll step back a bit as I wait to see what's going to happen.

What about us?

I kind of think that if the Jets don't do well next year, Idzik could be on the hot seat as much as Rex. The Jets need some help in a lot of areas, and the only big move he's made so far is signing Eric Decker. Signing Michael Vick is more like signing Tebow. There's alot of hype that won't really mean anything on the field. 

I also think idzik could have been made to look like a genius. He could have had it so that it looked like Tampa Bay borrowed Darrelle Revis for a seaosn in exchange for a first round draft pick, and we could have signed him back for the money that we originally wanted to sign him for - $12 million. Idzik totally missed the boat on that one, IMO. 

Their approach towards free agency signings stinks so far. Im starting to think does Idzik have any sort of clue what the heck he is doing as a general manager. The only good signing was Eric Decker at wide receiver & the worst signing has to be Michael Vick. Oh this might be a long season upcoming. Rex Ryan is set up to lose once again.

It's impossible to have a true rebuild when you have a coach who has to "win now" and a GM who says "we want to build for the future through the draft." 

Draft picks take time to develop. But u have a coach that needs to make the playoffs, so he's not interested in building that way.  Bring in the old vets.

But this is the Jets and they don't do anything the normal way. 

Archived