New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I ****ing HATE Idzik. Couldn't find a dime to upgrade at the secondary or the offensive line or at linebacker but pays for this BUM. I am suddenly a big Geno Smith fan!!!!!!

Wait, wait. Lets see how bad the contract is so we know how hard to laugh about this.

Honestly, Vick is gonna make Geno better. Have true competition in training camp and if he wins the job, Vick understands his role as a backup. Regarding free agency. All we need is a liable FS. I really feel like Walls will step up next season. Milliner looked comfortable at the end of the season as well.

Per Schefter

@AdamSchefter: Jets gave former Eagles QB Michael Vick a one-year, $5 million deal, per source.

I don't like him.  Don't want him to be a Jet.  But...if he's going to be, I guess this is the best scenario? Trying to be optimistic.

Maybe getting him pushes the F.O. to go get Jackson.  Add to that the fact that I believe Geno can beat him out...hopefully he never starts.

Still...not happy.  Hope the "WHY DON'T WE SIGN TEH PLAYERZ" crowd is happy.  H8everyone.

Oakland has traded a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft to the Houston Texans in exchange for quarterback Matt Schaub, the Raiders announced Friday.

Acquiring veteran Matt Schaub eases pressure on the Raiders to pick a quarterback with its top pick.

Schaub, who has a $14.5 million salary-cap figure and a $10 million base salary for 2014, became expendable when the Texans signed former Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year deal Thursday night.

Not long after Houston got Fitzpatrick, Oakland made its final pitch for Schaub

This is why, Vick! Idzik  goin' bottom barrel bargain hunting again.

There was one very stupid thing the Jets could have done this offseason and in pure NY Jets fashion they did not let us fu@king down. This team could have worked a deal for Schabb but instead we get another turnover machine who is hurt more than he plays. No doubt Vick will be exciting and make some of his usual amazing plays but if consistency and solid playoff play is what your looking for good luck with all that.

Has Woody been hanging with the Coupons (I gotta give Bugg credit for that) :)

This team is turning into the F'n signing bargain basement scrap heap type players.

Eric Decker is our Curtis Granderson.

So when Vick plays does Ferguson move to LT to guard his blindside ? Or is Bruno Sammartino gonna protect it.

There was one very stupid thing the Jets could have done this offseason and in pure NY Jets fashion they did not let us fu@king down. This team could have worked a deal for Schabb but instead we get another turnover machine who is hurt more than he plays. No doubt Vick will be exciting and make some of his usual amazing plays but if consistency and solid playoff play is what your looking for good luck with all that.

What??????

Cannot understand this dual move. Signing Vick and releasing Sanchez.

This is for all practical purposes for the spot of backup QB.

I would have preferred to keep the younger player with a possible upside at a reduced rate rather than an old player who is pretty much trying to get some paychecks before he is done.

I don't like him. Don't want him to be a Jet. But...if he's going to be, I guess this is the best scenario? Trying to be optimistic.

Maybe getting him pushes the F.O. to go get Jackson. Add to that the fact that I believe Geno can beat him out...hopefully he never starts.

Still...not happy. Hope the "WHY DON'T WE SIGN TEH PLAYERZ" crowd is happy. H8everyone.

I hope so... getting djax would ease the pain a bit, but he would come at a pretty hefty price tag and we just shelled out 5m for the pit bull killer/turnover machine... sigh.

I know you hate Vick but hopefully you'll think differently about it in a few days. He's not going to start, will help Geno with the system, and will help make D Jax comfortable if we pull the trigger.

There are a lot of football related reasons this was a good move.

Archived