New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

5 mil in QB numbers is not a big number Flgreen top QB's get 18 + ,id range QB's get in the Low teens and bad QB's or back ups are right in the same place Vick is right now. problem is if the Jets announce a competition Vick will probably win it then come in get Idiot Jets fans all excited for a few games then do what hes always done either get hurt or become a wild TO machine . The same thing the idiots on this board bitched about Sanchez. hypocrites

I agree by QB standards 5 mil is nothing for a starter.  For a back up it's significant.  Idzik has shown he is VERY  money orientated.  

This is not a vote of confidence for Smith in any shape or form.  The good news for Smith as you pointed out is it is unlikely Vick  will finish the season.

if Smith comes out and beats him in camp, good for him.  I'm not counting on that.   IMO Idzik is looking at this a a steal for a starter

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 mil in QB numbers is not a big number Flgreen top QB's get 18 + ,id range QB's get in the Low teens and bad QB's or back ups are right in the same place Vick is right now. problem is if the Jets announce a competition Vick will probably win it then come in get Idiot Jets fans all excited for a few games then do what hes always done either get hurt or become a wild TO machine . The same thing the idiots on this board bitched about Sanchez. hypocrites

Vick has only once thrown less TD's than INT's, that was his rookie season when he played 2 games.

I agree by QB standards 5 mil is nothing for a starter.  For a back up it's significant.  Idzik has shown he is VERY  money orientated.  

This is not a vote of confidence for Smith in any shape or form.  The good news for Smith as you pointed out is it is unlikely Vick  will finish the season.

if Smith comes out and beats him in camp, good for him.  I'm not counting on that.   IMO Idzik is looking at this a a steal for a starter

your right /// while Im not a big fan of Geno this certainly does not do much for his confidence.

Great signing.

This is exactly what you want to see.  A veteran familiar who excelled in the system and will push or beat Geno.

Bring in some weapons.  If Geno cant beat out Vick, you know you're looking for a QB in the next draft.

This is the year to draft a QB - not next year.  There are a surplus of quality qb's in this year's draft.  Just because Vick is signed, its not going to be a long term thing. 1-3 years tops.  Smartest move is to draft a qb this year and have Eugene and a new qb drafted this year learn the system and fight it out to become the starter in a year or two or three. 

Eugene had absolutely no business starting last year.  He is no Luck or Griffin who are special athleltes. Its going to take him a few years even to be a decent 2nd string qb.  Front office were absolute idiots for letting that happen.  No excuses. They sign a gimpy Garrard and Sanchez goes down in preseason.  Fine. sh*t happens. They should have brought in a veteran instead of throwing in Eugene who looked like a deer lost in the headlights.  IMO Eugene will never be anything better than a 3rd string qb.....EVER.   

I hope Idzik doesn't sit on his phat azz in the draft and bypasses a chance to grab a qb.  Matthews, Murray, Mettenberger, Bridgewater (dropping  down the board), Garoppolo

McCarron, Brett Smith, Fales,.......some of these guys will definitely fall to the middle rounds.  Idzik better grab one.

Vick has only once thrown less TD's than INT's, that was his rookie season when he played 2 games.

Most of his seasons are almost 1 to 1 TD to Int Ratio he also has a career 56% comp percentage  you know the same things you argued you HATED about Sanchez. Your being hypocritical .. Vicks bets year was a 20 TD 6 Int season on a team absolutely loaded with Offensive talent at every skill position if you see that happening with the Jets your not only hypocritical your delusional. I honestly think you say sh*t and stick up for all these thugs just for the sake of argument .

I don't like him.  Don't want him to be a Jet.  But...if he's going to be, I guess this is the best scenario? Trying to be optimistic.

Maybe getting him pushes the F.O. to go get Jackson.  Add to that the fact that I believe Geno can beat him out...hopefully he never starts.

Still...not happy.  Hope the "WHY DON'T WE SIGN TEH PLAYERZ" crowd is happy.  H8everyone.

This is not the way to start the Anti Vick Militia.  Come on, you need to be a bit more forceful than that.  Don't worry, there's a few of us around here who can give you some advice based on past experience; plus I don't think you'll find nearly as much opposition.

Most of his seasons are almost 1 to 1 TD to Int Ratio he also has a career 56% comp percentage  you know the same things you argued you HATED about Sanchez. Your being hypocritical .. Vicks bets year was a 20 TD 6 Int season on a team absolutely loaded with Offensive talent at every skill position if you see that happening with the Jets your not only hypocritical your delusional. I honestly think you say sh*t and stick up for all these thugs just for the sake of argument .

Thats not true at all.  He's career, 128 TD vs. 85 INT, not to mention the 5k+ yards rushing and 36TD's.  He's a play making QB.  You take that trade off with completion %, unlike Sanchez.

Sure he turns the ball over, but he cant do that on the sideline...and thats the scenario Jets fans should hope for...or he has a career year and takes them to the Super Bowl.  That would be pretty cool too.

This is not the way to start the Anti Vick Militia.  Come on, you need to be a bit more forceful than that.  Don't worry, there's a few of us around here who can give you some advice based on past experience; plus I don't think you'll find nearly as much opposition.

Im now a member !

Thats not true at all.  He's career, 128 TD vs. 85 INT, not to mention the 5k+ yards rushing and 36TD's.  He's a play making QB.  You take that trade off with completion %, unlike Sanchez.

Sure he turns the ball over, but he cant do that on the sideline...and that the scenario Jets fans should hope for...or he has a career year and takes them to the Super Bowl.  That would be pretty cool too.

JIF hes 34 years old you think he can take the pounding of what that 5000 yards got him ? be real man this is a bad move for this team and hopefully he will be gone after the one year contract is up.

I know this is far fetched but if a guy like Johnny Manziel falls to the Jets and they pass on him . Im done as a fan of this football team after 42 + years of rooting for them.

(from another thread)

Here's the "bigger point" to this signing:

If you have ONE rock, who are you going to throw it at, Mike Vick or Geno Smith?

if you can only make ONE sign, saying "______ Sucks!" and bring it to a game, who's name are you going to fill in, Vick or Geno?

Geno is a moldable talent who crumbles when the boo-birds come out, and now he's a default hero for the position on our team. 

My family has owned Pit Bull's my entire life.  Amazing dogs.  Brilliant lovers, all of them.  Breaks my heart to know that people fight them.  Its disgusting.

This is still a great signing.

wow I wish I had your tolerance. I hate what Vick did. Disgusting. Inhumane. But I try to live by spiritual principles.  What Vick did was extremely SICK. Not bad. SICK. 

There is a difference.  Yes I know he was arrested and did time and everything else that went with it. But from a psychological perspective, Vick actually thought it was ok to be doing this.

it was part of his culture down south. Doesn't make it anymore right or wrong than The Klu Klux Klan running their game. SICK Is SICK. Unfortunately, innocent people and animals lose their lives because of sick belief systems.  With that said, I hope he has turned his psyche around and understands his transgressions.  To err is human, to forgive divine.    

Although if nothing else, the plus side of this signing is it's almost guaranteed to generate more support for Geno.

That said, while I absolutely hate this signing, I will admit that 1 year / $5 mil really is not horrible, especially when you look at the ridiculous long-term contracts some of these career backup QBs have gotten.  Don't like it, but at least it wasn't a bunch of years or real starters money or any crap like that.  But still.... ugh.

JIF hes 34 years old you think he can take the pounding of what that 5000 yards got him ? be real man this is a bad move for this team and hopefully he will be gone after the one year contract is up.

I know this is far fetched but if a guy like Johnny Manziel falls to the Jets and they pass on him . Im done as a fan of this football team after 42 + years of rooting for them.

If Manziel falls to 18, he will be a NY Jet.

I dont see how signing a veteran QB who's won a ton of games in the league and in this system, to either push or start over a young raw QB is a "bad move".  Especially when its a 1 year deal.  lol

Clearly Idzik doesnt share you opinion of Manziel.

This is the year to draft a QB - not next year. 

I dunno. Marcus Marriota looks legit.  Some people like Jameis Winston, (he's not for me). Brett Hundley might be the real deal, and Mannion put up some monster stats despite having the slowest release in the history of the game. 

I dont see how signing a veteran QB who's won a ton of games in the league and in this system, to either push or start over a young raw QB is a "bad move".  Especially when its a 1 year deal.  lol

Clearly Idzik doesnt share you opinion of Manziel.

what do you mean a ton of games ? 5 years in Philly 20-20

keep trying JIF

2010 8-3

2011 7-6

2012 3-7

2013 2-4

What a beast

wow I wish I had your tolerance. I hate what Vick did. Disgusting. Inhumane. But I try to live by spiritual principles.  What Vick did was extremely SICK. Not bad. SICK. 

There is a difference.  Yes I know he was arrested and did time and everything else that went with it. But from a psychological perspective, Vick actually thought it was ok to be doing this.

it was part of his culture down south. Doesn't make it anymore right or wrong than The Klu Klux Klan running their game. SICK Is SICK. Unfortunately, innocent people and animals lose their lives because of sick belief systems.  With that said, I hope he has turned his psyche around and understands his transgressions.  To err is human, to forgive divine.    

People do all sorts of ****ed up sh*t.  Who am I to judge?  They're not killing people, thats a pretty big difference IMO.

You know how many dogs get put down daily  that have been just sitting in a little cage for months hoping to get a home?  Its ridiculous.  I know its for hope...but damn dude, that sh*ts ****ed up too.

Is what it is.  Guy did some disgusting sh*t, paid for it, I can move on and seperate the 2. I think he helps the team. 

what do you mean a ton of games ? 5 years in Philly 20-20

keep trying JIF

2010 8-3

2011 7-6

2012 3-7

2013 2-4

What a beast

58-48 in his career.  58 is probably more than any other backup QB in the league.

Great signing.

This is exactly what you want to see.  A veteran familiar who excelled in the system and will push or beat Geno.

Bring in some weapons.  If Geno cant beat out Vick, you know you're looking for a QB in the next draft.

Nah, not really. Vick beat out Foles, something a lot of people forget. Vick has still got a lot in the tank, problem is, he can't stay healthy. Either way I trust Marty and Idzik more then everyone on this board who is bitching about this signing. Go Vick.

This is the year to draft a QB - not next year.  There are a surplus of quality qb's in this year's draft.  Just because Vick is signed, its not going to be a long term thing. 1-3 years tops.  Smartest move is to draft a qb this year and have Eugene and a new qb drafted this year learn the system and fight it out to become the starter in a year or two or three. 

Eugene had absolutely no business starting last year.  He is no Luck or Griffin who are special athleltes. Its going to take him a few years even to be a decent 2nd string qb.  Front office were absolute idiots for letting that happen.  No excuses. They sign a gimpy Garrard and Sanchez goes down in preseason.  Fine. sh*t happens. They should have brought in a veteran instead of throwing in Eugene who looked like a deer lost in the headlights.  IMO Eugene will never be anything better than a 3rd string qb.....EVER.   

I hope Idzik doesn't sit on his phat azz in the draft and bypasses a chance to grab a qb.  Matthews, Murray, Mettenberger, Bridgewater (dropping  down the board), Garoppolo

McCarron, Brett Smith, Fales,.......some of these guys will definitely fall to the middle rounds.  Idzik better grab one.

Nope next year is the year to draft qbs. Mariota, Winston, and Bryce Petty are the big names right now. I like the Vick signing cause we either are going to go out in a huge explosion that results in Rex probably getting canned and us getting a high draft pick, or we make the playoffs.

He's here to play, not kill dogs. He's clearly changed and hasn't stirred up any drama since he's been released from prison. I love dogs, too, believe it or not. But he's here to play hard and win. Once the season starts if he sucks, then you all can b*tch about him. For now, he's here to win and there's nothing posting a thread can do. 

That'll be all. 

Archived