Sign in to follow this  
Lupz27

New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Rate this topic

JIF hes 34 years old you think he can take the pounding of what that 5000 yards got him ? be real man this is a bad move for this team and hopefully he will be gone after the one year contract is up.

I know this is far fetched but if a guy like Johnny Manziel falls to the Jets and they pass on him . Im done as a fan of this football team after 42 + years of rooting for them.

I dont see how signing a veteran QB who's won a ton of games in the league and in this system, to either push or start over a young raw QB is a "bad move".  Especially when its a 1 year deal.  lol

Clearly Idzik doesnt share you opinion of Manziel.

This is the year to draft a QB - not next year. 

I dunno. Marcus Marriota looks legit.  Some people like Jameis Winston, (he's not for me). Brett Hundley might be the real deal, and Mannion put up some monster stats despite having the slowest release in the history of the game. 

I dont see how signing a veteran QB who's won a ton of games in the league and in this system, to either push or start over a young raw QB is a "bad move".  Especially when its a 1 year deal.  lol

Clearly Idzik doesnt share you opinion of Manziel.

what do you mean a ton of games ? 5 years in Philly 20-20

keep trying JIF

2010 8-3

2011 7-6

2012 3-7

2013 2-4

What a beast

wow I wish I had your tolerance. I hate what Vick did. Disgusting. Inhumane. But I try to live by spiritual principles.  What Vick did was extremely SICK. Not bad. SICK. 

There is a difference.  Yes I know he was arrested and did time and everything else that went with it. But from a psychological perspective, Vick actually thought it was ok to be doing this.

it was part of his culture down south. Doesn't make it anymore right or wrong than The Klu Klux Klan running their game. SICK Is SICK. Unfortunately, innocent people and animals lose their lives because of sick belief systems.  With that said, I hope he has turned his psyche around and understands his transgressions.  To err is human, to forgive divine.    

People do all sorts of ****ed up sh*t.  Who am I to judge?  They're not killing people, thats a pretty big difference IMO.

You know how many dogs get put down daily  that have been just sitting in a little cage for months hoping to get a home?  Its ridiculous.  I know its for hope...but damn dude, that sh*ts ****ed up too.

Is what it is.  Guy did some disgusting sh*t, paid for it, I can move on and seperate the 2. I think he helps the team. 

what do you mean a ton of games ? 5 years in Philly 20-20

keep trying JIF

2010 8-3

2011 7-6

2012 3-7

2013 2-4

What a beast

58-48 in his career.  58 is probably more than any other backup QB in the league.

Great signing.

This is exactly what you want to see.  A veteran familiar who excelled in the system and will push or beat Geno.

Bring in some weapons.  If Geno cant beat out Vick, you know you're looking for a QB in the next draft.

Nah, not really. Vick beat out Foles, something a lot of people forget. Vick has still got a lot in the tank, problem is, he can't stay healthy. Either way I trust Marty and Idzik more then everyone on this board who is bitching about this signing. Go Vick.

This is the year to draft a QB - not next year.  There are a surplus of quality qb's in this year's draft.  Just because Vick is signed, its not going to be a long term thing. 1-3 years tops.  Smartest move is to draft a qb this year and have Eugene and a new qb drafted this year learn the system and fight it out to become the starter in a year or two or three. 

Eugene had absolutely no business starting last year.  He is no Luck or Griffin who are special athleltes. Its going to take him a few years even to be a decent 2nd string qb.  Front office were absolute idiots for letting that happen.  No excuses. They sign a gimpy Garrard and Sanchez goes down in preseason.  Fine. sh*t happens. They should have brought in a veteran instead of throwing in Eugene who looked like a deer lost in the headlights.  IMO Eugene will never be anything better than a 3rd string qb.....EVER.   

I hope Idzik doesn't sit on his phat azz in the draft and bypasses a chance to grab a qb.  Matthews, Murray, Mettenberger, Bridgewater (dropping  down the board), Garoppolo

McCarron, Brett Smith, Fales,.......some of these guys will definitely fall to the middle rounds.  Idzik better grab one.

Nope next year is the year to draft qbs. Mariota, Winston, and Bryce Petty are the big names right now. I like the Vick signing cause we either are going to go out in a huge explosion that results in Rex probably getting canned and us getting a high draft pick, or we make the playoffs.

He's here to play, not kill dogs. He's clearly changed and hasn't stirred up any drama since he's been released from prison. I love dogs, too, believe it or not. But he's here to play hard and win. Once the season starts if he sucks, then you all can b*tch about him. For now, he's here to win and there's nothing posting a thread can do. 

That'll be all. 

Any news on Jackson?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/447103101087285248?screen_name=Tim_McManus

Tim_McManus

Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.

4:11pm - 21 Mar 14

--------------

Report: DeSean Jackson thinks he’s leaving Philadelphia

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT

Reuters

The Eagles have still not said whether DeSean Jackson has a future in Philadelphia. But Jackson doesn’t think he does.

That’s the word from Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com, who talked to two sources close to Jackson and reports that Jackson does not believe he will be back in Philadelphia this season.

The Jackson situation has been heating up for weeks. We first noted on March 5 that Jackson could be on the outs in Philly. That was initially strongly denied by the Philadelphia Inquirer, which reported that “almost a dozen sources” confirmed that Jackson would be staying with the Eagles.

Since then, however, there’s been one story after another saying that the Eagles putting out feelers about trading Jackson, and that Jackson is growing increasingly concerned that he has no future in Philadelphia. The Eagles, given many opportunities to make a public statement that they’re keeping Jackson, have declined to do so.

Jackson had a very good first season in Chip Kelly’s offense, but the $10.5 million he’s owed on his current contract appears to be more than the Eagles want to pay. Now the question seems to be less about whether Jackson has a future in Philadelphia than whether his tenure with the Eagles will end with him being traded, or released.

Michael Vick is not a good human being.  Yes he paid the price for what he did, but what he did was uncalled for.  I understand about second chances but why does he have to have a chance here?  I just can't root for this guy.

Michael Vick is not a good human being. Yes he paid the price for what he did, but what he did was uncalled for. I understand about second chances but why does he have to have a chance here? I just can't root for this guy.

Then don't root for the guy. Is it possible to root for the team and not the player?

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer · 34m
Vick on No. 7 " Geno is going to wear No. 7. I'm changing my number."

Already a leader.

Trying not to:

a)split the locker-room

b)stress out Geno

c) put Rex and Idzik in any deeper of a hole with certain fans.

Predict he will make a great teammate, whether he wins starts job or not.