New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on Jackson?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tim_McManus/status/447103101087285248?screen_name=Tim_McManus

Tim_McManus

Just spoke with two sources close to DeSean. Receiver now believes he will not be back.

4:11pm - 21 Mar 14

--------------

Report: DeSean Jackson thinks he’s leaving Philadelphia

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT

Reuters

The Eagles have still not said whether DeSean Jackson has a future in Philadelphia. But Jackson doesn’t think he does.

That’s the word from Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com, who talked to two sources close to Jackson and reports that Jackson does not believe he will be back in Philadelphia this season.

The Jackson situation has been heating up for weeks. We first noted on March 5 that Jackson could be on the outs in Philly. That was initially strongly denied by the Philadelphia Inquirer, which reported that “almost a dozen sources” confirmed that Jackson would be staying with the Eagles.

Since then, however, there’s been one story after another saying that the Eagles putting out feelers about trading Jackson, and that Jackson is growing increasingly concerned that he has no future in Philadelphia. The Eagles, given many opportunities to make a public statement that they’re keeping Jackson, have declined to do so.

Jackson had a very good first season in Chip Kelly’s offense, but the $10.5 million he’s owed on his current contract appears to be more than the Eagles want to pay. Now the question seems to be less about whether Jackson has a future in Philadelphia than whether his tenure with the Eagles will end with him being traded, or released.

Michael Vick is not a good human being.  Yes he paid the price for what he did, but what he did was uncalled for.  I understand about second chances but why does he have to have a chance here?  I just can't root for this guy.

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer · 34m
Vick on No. 7 " Geno is going to wear No. 7. I'm changing my number."

Already a leader.

Trying not to:

a)split the locker-room

b)stress out Geno

c) put Rex and Idzik in any deeper of a hole with certain fans.

Predict he will make a great teammate, whether he wins starts job or not.

Michael Vick is not a good human being.  Yes he paid the price for what he did, but what he did was uncalled for.  I understand about second chances but why does he have to have a chance here?  I just can't root for this guy.

Manti Te'o gave Lennay Kekua a terminal illness, which eventually led to her death

i give all of you who are all like "yeah! we got Mike Vick!" until week 2 before you are bitching for him to start. then until week 3 to be bitching about how our QBs suck and then until week 5 till you are all saying they suck because we have no WRs...

Mike Vick will be the starting qb if the jets are really haveing an open competition

Disagree. Geno has more potential at this point in their careers and is ascending while Vick is going in the opposite direction. At this point in his career Vick is a viable backup QB, which is why the Jets brought him in, IMO.

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer · 34m

Vick on No. 7 " Geno is going to wear No. 7. I'm changing my number."

Already a leader.

Trying not to:

a)split the locker-room

b)stress out Geno

c) put Rex and Idzik in any deeper of a hole with certain fans.

Predict he will make a great teammate, whether he wins starts job or not.

Agreed. The Philly locker room never had anything bad to say about the guy and he's one of the few if not only to take Riley Cooper's back during his mistakes. Standing up for his teammate when no one else on the roster would, sounds like a a hell of a teammate to me at least.

I'm confused if the Vick haters don't want Vick because they think he's a bad quarterback or they don't want Vick because of the dog thing. As far as I am concerned from a football perspective this makes sense to me. Vick can push Geno and hopefully Geno comes out of this a better quarterback because of the competition. Remember Nick Foles lost the job to Vick in Training Camp and then came back and took the job back and turned into a pretty damn good quarterback.

From my point of view Vick did a terrible thing but he paid the price and seems to have matured from it. He has been nothing but a model citizen since he came back to the league. I like the signing, it was for good numbers and I think can be good for the team overall

Disagree. Geno has more potential at this point in their careers and is ascending while Vick is going in the opposite direction. At this point in his career Vick is a viable backup QB, which is why the Jets brought him in, IMO.

Geno hasn't proved he has any more potential than Mark Sanchez at this point.

Vick is starting. He beat out Foles, and Geno is nowhere near Foles.

Agreed. The Philly locker room never had anything bad to say about the guy and he's one of the few if not only to take Riley Cooper's back during his mistakes. Standing up for his teammate when no one else on the roster would, sounds like a a hell of a teammate to me at least.

Agreed. Apparently he was the most respected player in the Eagles locker room.

source & fishing - I don't want another word about how you like or dislike this (or any) QB because he's black.  Keep your racial preferences to yourselves or do it elsewhere.

Actually, fishing I can't even let that one go.  Get lost.

Nice job Sperm! 

Can't believe some Jets fans can't keep this conversation to football and not all kinds of other garbage.

He's here to play, not kill dogs. He's clearly changed and hasn't stirred up any drama since he's been released from prison. I love dogs, too, believe it or not. But he's here to play hard and win. Once the season starts if he sucks, then you all can b*tch about him. For now, he's here to win and there's nothing posting a thread can do. 

That'll be all. 

you write this as if he's going to start....i now take back what i said about you people waiting till week 2 for him to start...

Archived