New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oakland has traded a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft to the Houston Texans in exchange for quarterback Matt Schaub, the Raiders announced Friday.

Acquiring veteran Matt Schaub eases pressure on the Raiders to pick a quarterback with its top pick.

Schaub, who has a $14.5 million salary-cap figure and a $10 million base salary for 2014, became expendable when the Texans signed former Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year deal Thursday night.

Not long after Houston got Fitzpatrick, Oakland made its final pitch for Schaub

This is why, Vick! Idzik  goin' bottom barrel bargain hunting again.

are you kidding me? we could have had schaub for a 6th round pick and instead we signed a dog murderer? idzik is the worst gm in jets history

I know you hate Vick but hopefully you'll think differently about it in a few days. He's not going to start, will help Geno with the system, and will help make D Jax comfortable if we pull the trigger.

There are a lot of football related reasons this was a good move.

your right PAC first and foremost I'm a Jets fan through and through. I will root for Vick to win us football games.

Even though I hate what he did with every fiber of my being but the reason I did not want Vick here is purely football related the guy is not consistent and he never has been at 34 years of age and 13 years in the league. Hes going to bring false hope then promptly collapse at the end of the season or in the playoffs just like he always does.

I know you hate Vick but hopefully you'll think differently about it in a few days. He's not going to start, will help Geno with the system, and will help make D Jax comfortable if we pull the trigger.

He's going to start.

Only when I'm reading something stupid. Schaub killed his team with turnovers this year

so your going to define Schabb's career with one season ?? That's what I call freakin stupid. the guy has always been a solid QB and would have brought stability and would have been a much better guy for Geno to work with.

Anyone who has a problem with the signing cause the guy is a POS is one thing, but to pretend Matt Schaub is somehow a good football player is insane. Forget about his ridiculous contract. Andre Johnson who's always come across as one of the better guys in the NFL almost had a meltdown dealing with him this year.

Anyone think they gave him $5 mil to sit the bench?

we know if there is a competiton Vick will win blindfolded . We also know if Vick does not start he will be in the lineup by week 2 or 3 or however long it takes Geno to sh*t the bed

Great signing.

This is exactly what you want to see.  A veteran familiar who excelled in the system and will push or beat Geno.

Bring in some weapons.  If Geno cant beat out Vick, you know you're looking for a QB in the next draft.

so your going to define Schabb's career with one season ?? That's what I call freakin stupid. the guy has always been a solid QB and would have brought stability and would have been a much better guy for Geno to work with.

Maybe you failed to see THIS part.

Schaub, who has a $14.5 million salary-cap figure and a $10 million base salary for 2014, became expendable when the Texans signed former Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick to a two-year deal Thursday night.

Idzik does not pay top $

If all that comes true, I think a lot more people will be ok with it.  I'm not going to like it regardless because like Smash and others I just don't like the guy....but if he never see's the field and nets us Jackson...meh.

Pro Bowl tickets are on me when he blows up in Oakland

I hope we sign DeSean Jackson and the two have great success in this familiar system.  I also hope we draft Odell Beckham Jr in the first, and Mettenburger (early 4th) so that they have familiarity with one another also.  And then, I hope that some combination of QBs and WRs who are all in a cluster-f*ck of familiarity with each other and this system, will rise to the top and present some semblance of an actual NFL offense. 

My family has owned Pit Bull's my entire life.  Amazing dogs.  Brilliant lovers, all of them.  Breaks my heart to know that people fight them.  Its disgusting.

This is still a great signing.

If, as Pac and others have stated, he rides the bench, pushes Geno, and brings us Desean I think I agree.  

I'll keep telling myself that right now at least.

Anyone who has a problem with the signing cause the guy is a POS is one thing, but to pretend Matt Schaub is somehow a good football player is insane. Forget about his ridiculous contract. Andre Johnson who's always come across as one of the better guys in the NFL almost had a meltdown dealing with him this year.

I wish I could Rep this post more than once!

I hope we sign DeSean Jackson and the two have great success in this familiar system.  I also hope we draft Odell Beckham Jr in the first, and Mettenburger (early 4th) so that they have familiarity with one another also.  And then, I hope that some combination of QBs and WRs who are all in a cluster-f*ck of familiarity with each other and this system, will rise to the top and present some semblance of an actual NFL offense. 

I lol'd

Great signing.

This is exactly what you want to see.  A veteran familiar who excelled in the system and will push or beat Geno.

Bring in some weapons.  If Geno cant beat out Vick, you know you're looking for a QB in the next draft.

He excelled ???? he had ONE good year in Philly the rest is terrible

All-Time Rank: #998. John Wooten… #999. Dave Parks… #1000. Eddie Brown… #1001. MICHAEL VICK… #1002. Spider Lockhart… #1003. Louis Breeden… #1004. Norm Evans… Vote

Passing
Glossary  · SHARESHARE [X]  · Embed  · CSV  · PRE  · LINK  · ?

My family has owned Pit Bull's my entire life.  Amazing dogs.  Brilliant lovers, all of them.  Breaks my heart to know that people fight them.  Its disgusting.

This is still a great signing.

I agree. I'm getting one in a couple of months. I find it hard to be angry at Vick of eight years ago.

Maybe you failed to see THIS part.

Idzik does not pay top $

Im not 100 % sure but his salary cap number might be different than what his new team would actually have to pay him due too guarantees in the contract. So Houston may still be on the hook for some of that money

Relax he is the backup, much better then anything out there.. If for some reason he beats out Geno for the starting job Geno can watch and learn from someone with a similar skill set.. I can not condone his past problems but he paid the price for his stupidity ... time to move on from Mark Sanchez

Cannot understand this dual move. Signing Vick and releasing Sanchez.

This is for all practical purposes for the spot of backup QB.

I would have preferred to keep the younger player with a possible upside at a reduced rate rather than an old player who is pretty much trying to get some paychecks before he is done.

You really think the Jets are paying Vick 5 million to back up ................................Smith??

OooooooooooooooooooooooooooK

If, as Pac and others have stated, he rides the bench, pushes Geno, and brings us Desean I think I agree.  

I'll keep telling myself that right now at least.

Even if he starts, fine, then that's pretty much all you need to know about Geno and you're probably looking at QB in the first.

I agree. I'm getting one in a couple of months. I find it hard to be angry at Vick of eight years ago.

My brother currently owns the baddest male I've ever met, gorgeous.  Smartest dog I've ever seen and he's a cuddler, so good with everyone.  He recently found a female with similar markings, temperment...probably a little better athlete and he's going to breed them.  I cant F'ing wait!

A year or two down the line, whoever drafts Mettenburger will be judged as getting the biggest steal of this draft.  Book it.

You really think the Jets are paying Vick 5 million to back up ................................Smith??

OooooooooooooooooooooooooooK

5 mil in QB numbers is not a big number Flgreen top QB's get 18 + ,id range QB's get in the Low teens and bad QB's or back ups are right in the same place Vick is right now. problem is if the Jets announce a competition Vick will probably win it then come in get Idiot Jets fans all excited for a few games then do what hes always done either get hurt or become a wild TO machine . The same thing the idiots on this board bitched about Sanchez. hypocrites

Archived