New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

Team Vick Foundation works to support families in need, and often times, in transition. By providing financial, emotional and other resources and support, Team Vick Foundation works to grow stronger families that work together through the challenges and issues in their families and communities.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young people face more challenges than ever before, including more health-related problems, depression and mental health, peer pressure and issues of acceptance, as well as other environmental and cultural issues. Team Vick Foundation is working with community partners to ensure that we do our part to enrich the lives of young people in underserved neighborhoods.

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. We have so many heroes who have dedicated their lives and time to make the world a better place. Team Vick Foundation is committed to creating programs that support and enhance the lives of aging adults and elders who have contributed to our lives, nation and world.

I really don't care why he is evil he just is. But this grasshopper is listening if you would care to summarize.

Basically if you understand where Vick comes from, you understand that this sort of behavior was socially acceptable. There are society's out there that kill babies when the population gets above a certain amount. We consider it murder, they consider it normal behavior. I'm not condoning what he did. I have a dog that I love a lot. All I'm doing is saying that this was socially acceptable where and how Vick was raised. He seems to have learned his lesson that this isnt a joke and its a serious crime. He deserves a second chance. That's all I'm saying.

Cool. You think if he never got caught he wouldn't still be fighting dogs?

He was publicly exposed for doing something that wasn't considered abnormal for the area.  He stopped doing what he did, and has since help educate others about how wrong it is.  

When I was in school, a public speaker visited a full auditorium and shared a story about how his decision to drive drunk (while in college) impacted the rest of his life.  He killed the occupants of a small vehicle and served 12 years in prison regretting his decision every day since.  His story was powerful and thought provoking.  It was real. 

Nothing he can say will bring those children back to life.  But, moving forward he can dedicate his life to educating others on how easy it is to make a stupid, life-altering decision. 

He was publicly exposed for doing something that wasn't considered abnormal for the area.  He stopped doing what he did, and has since help educate others about how wrong it is.  

When I was in school, a public speaker visited a full auditorium and shared a story about how his decision to drive drunk (while in college) impacted the rest of his life.  He killed the occupants of a small vehicle and served 12 years in prison regretting his decision every day since.  His story was powerful and thought provoking.  It was real. 

Nothing he can say will bring those children back to life.  But, moving forward he can dedicate his life to educating others on how easy it is to make a stupid, life-altering decision. 

while i appreciate this sentiment. you dont drive drunk expecting to crash and kill people. you don't repeatedly slam a dog into the pavement expecting not to kill it

PR moves cost money.  Money that he made. Money that he is giving back...for a good reason.

Ahh. So Vick is actually a HERO to dog lovers. Not only that, but by torturing and slaughtering puppies, he actually helped prevent others from following in his footsteps by going to jail! Awesome. Mike Vick is wonderful. Do you guys actually read your own posts? Don't defend this sub Human piece of detritus. Say he throws a nice spiral or has a cool nickname like "Ron Mexico". But spare the reformed do-Gooder BS for the PR firm that came up with this nonsense.

while i appreciate this sentiment. you dont drive drunk expecting to crash and kill people. you don't repeatedly slam a dog into the pavement expecting not to kill it

You don't shoot a horse with a broken leg to not kill it...it's considered the "humane" way of relieving it's pain. 

(btw, do they still do that?) 

Basically if you understand where Vick comes from, you understand that this sort of behavior was socially acceptable. There are society's out there that kill babies when the population gets above a certain amount. We consider it murder, they consider it normal behavior. I'm not condoning what he did. I have a dog that I love a lot. All I'm doing is saying that this was socially acceptable where and how Vick was raised. He seems to have learned his lesson that this isnt a joke and its a serious crime. He deserves a second chance. That's all I'm saying.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is not socially acceptable in my society. So acceptance is extremely difficult.

lol

Someone actually thinks Vick did all this because of a change of heart and not because he needed to clean up his image?

If he's sorry at all, he's sorry he got caught.

exactly.....he is spending this money because he knows full well that if he didnt he wouldnt be making millions in the nfl still

Are you kidding me?  He stopped doing wht he did because HE GOT CAUGHT.

Socially acceptable doesn't mean it isn't morally reprehensible.

Vick has gotten his second chance. I have no qualms with that. I just don't see the benefit of signing an old, injury-prone, turnover prone QB. There's little to no upside in this signing. Especially since he's coming in gunning for the starting job. And you know Geno is not good enough to hold his own.

Ahh. So Vick is actually a HERO to dog lovers. Not only that, but by torturing and slaughtering puppies, he actually helped prevent others from following in his footsteps by going to jail! Awesome. Mike Vick is wonderful. Do you guys actually read your own posts? Don't defend this sub Human piece of detritus. Say he throws a nice spiral or has a cool nickname like "Ron Mexico". But spare the reformed do-Gooder BS for the PR firm that came up with this nonsense.

I don't agree with a lot of sh*t that happens in the south.  Dipping biscuits in milk is one of them.  

My post was initially a response to concerns about player compatibility within the locker room.  "Decker loves dogs...Vick killed dogs...is this going to be an issue?" and my response was to point out: Vick has made visible and financial reparations, both in the past, and through an ongoing foundation to ensure (at least from a public relations perspective) that he won't have any current issues with teammates for his past actions.  

Whether valid or contrived, he has gone out of his way to present the image of a changed person. 

I don't agree with a lot of sh*t that happens in the south.  Dipping biscuits in milk is one of them.  

My post was initially a response to concerns about player compatibility within the locker room.  "Decker loves dogs...Vick killed dogs...is this going to be an issue?" and my response was to point out: Vick has made visible and financial reparations, both in the past, and through an ongoing foundation to ensure (at least from a public relations perspective) that he won't have any current issues with teammates for his past actions.  

Whether valid or contrived, he has gone out of his way to present the image of a changed person. 

the guy was given a second chance to make millions of dollars for playing a game. this after becoming the global face for animal abuse. do you think your employer would retain you if you were publically exposed to have done these things? i'd guess not. of course he has to go out of his way to present that image...if he didnt he'd be lucky to have a job flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

There are humane ways of putting animals down. They don't include anything of what Vick and his cohorts did.

Dog fighting is vile and inhumane.  People who find nothing wrong with having dogs fight to the death are unlikely to use humane tactics to put the dogs down. Lets not miss the forest for the trees, here. 

Are you kidding me?  He stopped doing wht he did because HE GOT CAUGHT.

I don't care WHY he stopped fighting dogs.  I care that he doesn't fight dogs anymore, and actively tells others in his stomping grounds to not do it.  

I guarantee he has been more vocally anti-dog fighting, and given more money to charities to help animals in this last year than you or I have.  

the guy was given a second chance to make millions of dollars for playing a game. this after becoming the global face for animal abuse. do you think your employer would retain you if you were publically exposed to have done these things? i'd guess not. of course he has to go out of his way to present that image...if he didnt he'd be lucky to have a job flipping burgers at mcdonalds.

He was given a second chance to perform one of the most difficult jobs on the planet.  Only 32 such jobs exist, and he was employed DESPITE public outcry.  If anything, it shows how physically talented he really is.  

He was given a second chance to perform one of the most difficult jobs on the planet.  Only 32 such jobs exist, and he was employed DESPITE public outcry.  If anything, it shows how physically talented he really is.  

i asked if you thought your employer would keep you around had you done the same thing. obviously vick is highly talented......

Archived