Lupz27

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL..Hopefully reformed sinner.

I agree, this is mostly what we got.  We're Jets fans, we can deal with it

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me."

Can't cast a stone at Vick.

Let's face it boys, it's the American way. Who doesn't love a good story of redemption? I think Vick's 'sin' as it were, was one of stupidity and ignorance (two different things) more than acts of meanness. I mean that's what they DO in some of those neighborhoods, I know, I LIVED in one for the past 15 years or so.

There's a question that I've been unable to shake ever since seeing the outrage and responses to this signing.  Many say that they refuse to watch their team, so long as Vick is a part of their organization. That's completely understandable, but why now? Why did this not happen when the NFL reinstated him in the first place? Was it because it wasn't an issue so long as your team didn't allow it, or possibly because it wouldn't have been convenient to stop watching your team, just because the NFL and the Eagles allowed him to work for them?  If this outrage is sincere, why didn't you boycott football and find other things to do on your Sundays five years ago?  Did you not watch the game where the Jets and the Eagles played? It just seems to reason that if you feel so strongly about him signing, you would have been just as disgusted five years ago with the entirety of the NFL and stopped watching it all together. I'm not in the business of telling people what to do or how they should react, if you don't want to watch the Jets, that's 100% your decision and shouldn't be criticized for it. I'm just surprised that if you felt this strongly, you didn't stop watching football all together once he was reinstated. 

O K just because this is a silly point I'll play.  4 more teams

NFC East

Dallas....Kyle Orton   $3,250,000

Giants....Curtis Painter  $730,000

Eagles..... Matt Barkley   $500,000

Washington....Kirk Cousins  $500,000

Hopefully by now you have seen the light.

But if not keep going. 24 more teams to go.

Vick wouldn't come here to be 2nd geno isn't that good

Vick's career best season in total passing yards was 2011 with 3303. The most TDs he ever threw in a season was 21 in 2010. Both those personal bests fall short of Mark Sanchez' 2011 in which he threw for 3474 yards and 26 TDs.

Talking about Vick like he's guaranteed to be better than anyone is a farce. The guy is 100% hype. Hype he never lived up to.

Vick isn't that good.

The bottom line is the only way the Jets make it far with Vick is if they construct a team similar to.that of the Broncos teams that won late in Elway's career. There are many similarities between Vick and Elway.

There's a question that I've been unable to shake ever since seeing the outrage and responses to this signing.  Many say that they refuse to watch their team, so long as Vick is a part of their organization. That's completely understandable, but why now? Why did this not happen when the NFL reinstated him in the first place? Was it because it wasn't an issue so long as your team didn't allow it, or possibly because it wouldn't have been convenient to stop watching your team, just because the NFL and the Eagles allowed him to work for them?  If this outrage is sincere, why didn't you boycott football and find other things to do on your Sundays five years ago?  Did you not watch the game where the Jets and the Eagles played? It just seems to reason that if you feel so strongly about him signing, you would have been just as disgusted five years ago with the entirety of the NFL and stopped watching it all together. I'm not in the business of telling people what to do or how they should react, if you don't want to watch the Jets, that's 100% your decision and shouldn't be criticized for it. I'm just surprised that if you felt this strongly, you didn't stop watching football all together once he was reinstated. 

This has been my thought as well.  When you support the Jets, you support the NFL, especially when you consider revenue sharing.  I think your dollars are going to the league as much as the Jets.  I think it's merely a matter of distance, and that's why I do think it's a lot like the eating meat argument.  We provide distance between us and our food, so we can fantasize about nice conditions, humane slaughter, or whatever we like.  We can also rationalize that we need to eat to survive.  We can do the same for the fur our significant others wear, despite this being made of dozens of animals who are skinned alive or anally or vaginally electrocuted.  We can do it for the diamonds we give, the computers we use, the sneakers we wear, or any other product who's origins come with questionable "ethics and morals."

The reality is, when you support the Jets, you are supporting the NFL, who made this decision a long time ago.  Only now, it hits closer to home.  Just like how we'd have a lot less fur if people were forced to watch it's production, or eat a lot less meat if people had to collect it themselves.  Ultimately, people can do what they want.  I'll keep the same distance I have when I sit down to eat a steak, or look at my fiance's ring and enjoy life due to the flexible ethics and morals aided by distance that I (just like so many others) have cultivated.

As for Vick, I'm just glad he rid us of Sanchez.  For that, much like Favre, I'm grateful.  Also, I think the prior FA strategy says he'll be the back-up.  You'd think a lot more money would have been doled out if we were looking to go forward with a 34-year-old QB.  At the very least, we'd have DRC too.

Even if Vick IS the B/U to Geno, it's not going to be a like being a backup in Philly or anywhere else for that matter. The Jets are the one team left who has a head coach that still believes in using that stupid Wildcat crapola, and Michael Vick can be counted on to be behind Nick Mangold's butt 5-10 times a game. It really is the best place for a guy like him to be a backup-if he IS the backup. Personally I think he should probably start and let Geno watch and learn, then again though, what do i know. 

Even if Vick IS the B/U to Geno, it's not going to be a like being a backup in Philly or anywhere else for that matter. The Jets are the one team left who has a head coach that still believes in using that stupid Wildcat crapola, and Michael Vick can be counted on to be behind Nick Mangold's butt 5-10 times a game. It really is the best place for a guy like him to be a backup-if he IS the backup. Personally I think he should probably start and let Geno watch and learn, then again though, what do i know.

The wildcat should be scrapped, but if it's not, it definitely should not be run by a fragile, $5M insurance policy. I really don't think they'd do that. If they do run it, I think it'll be with a guy like Kerley at the helm.

Vick’s arrival in New York takes impatience with young quarterbacks to a new level

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT

Once upon a time, quarterbacks acquired with a high pick in the draft got several years to figure out how to play in the NFL.  For most, that included a year or more of learning without playing.

Now, quarterbacks taken at the top of the draft quickly get thrust into the fray.  And if they don’t quickly figure out how to play at the NFL level, they’re quickly cast aside.

From a five-year plan to a three-year plan to what may now be a one-year mandate, the reduced cost of young talent under the rookie wage scale has created, in some cities, an up-or-out mentality, regardless of the magnitude of the pick invested in the quarterback.

Last year, some thought Jets G.M. John Idzik wanted Geno Smith, the 39th overall pick in the draft and second quarterback taken, to start from Week One so that the Jets would know what they have in Smith, in the event they land at the top of round one in the 2014 draft.

The possibility of a high second-round pick being on a one-year arrangement seemed bizarre.  But it now appears to be a reality.

Mike Vick, at this point in his career, plays the position (if healthy) better than Smith.  Smith’s high-road welcome of Vick to New York could be viewed as a concession of that fact.

Actually, Smith’s words read a bit like he’s relieved.

Maybe the Jets are putting a new twist on the modern NFL.  Maybe the rookie quarterback can start for a year, be supplanted by a veteran if the rookie doesn’t instantly become a star, and then reclaim the job after the veteran’s one-year contract expires.

Instead of having the rookie take a seat for a year or more, maybe today’s NFL will from time to time entail a rookie who fails the baptism by fire, takes a year to heal his wounds, and then gives it another try.

Either way, it’s a strange new dynamic in the win-now NFL, where teams truly are constructed on a year-to-year basis — and where young players don’t get as much leeway as they used to when trying to figure out how to thrive.

Archived