The official "i wont root for the jets as long as vick is on the team" thread (merged)

ECURB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Michael Vick is the first bad person to play for the Jets. GTFO.

He is a bad person, who made bad mistakes and paid for it dearly. Get over it.

GOATS GOTTA GOAT

Paid dearly? People who do drugs have served more time. He ******* hung living things... You moron.

hey i respect ur right to ur opinion. i might not agree but thats doesnt matter. my opinion is that i dont want him on the team...and if he's here i dont want him to succeed....and i'd like to see him break a leg as i believe he deserves pain and failure.

Compared to Geno Smith, who would you rather support on our team?

for me, this really isn't just about the dogs. It's also the injuries and  it's the circus, laughingstock thing as well.  this team was so close to putting the circus thing behind them by cutting sanchez, holmes, cro, and then they go and sign vick

ugh

just really sick of putting all this time into a joke of a franchise

so I get a year off

I have a weird feeling in march 21st 2015, the jets will be looking to sign big name free agents, and the fans won't be happy

Ecurb, it's a very interesting time to start actively protesting against Vick. Why give up on the Jets now?

Why not just stop watching the NFL altogether when they let him back into the league?

Why not leave your country which seen him fit to return to society? How have the Jets let you down more than the NFL or the justice system?

You're either a terrible fan, or a gutless human being who is principled when it suits him. You're like a feminist. 

Is it okay to fight roosters?

Is it okay to fish for recreation if you don't eat it (just puncture it's lip and deprive it of oxygen before returning it)?

Is it okay to kill bulls?

Is it okay to strap a horses nuts with a leather strap and ride it for 8 seconds?

Is it okay to cage a wild animal?

Is it okay to litter on the beach?

Is it okay to kill a mouse?

Is it okay pull the plug on a human?

Is it okay to slaughter farm animals for food?

Is it okay to genetically engineer animals for consumption?

Is it okay to take monkeys into space?

I don't know. I believe in what I believe, and when it comes to football I root for my favorite team to win.  Sports is a release from all the sh*t that's wrong in the world.  The southern states where dog fighting is the norm has plenty of other issues to deal with, including people killing, and race stuff.  I can't relate to a lot of it.  But this guy has been back in the league for 6 years. The crimes he committed occurred in 2006; EIGHT years ago.  I'm going to judge him on his utility to this team while he's here, and hope the Jets can improve from .500 this year.

POTW

What about people who paid for a PPV boxing match for a fighter who was promoted by Don King (which at 1 time was pretty much everyone).  King stomped a human being to death who owed him $600.  Where was the outrage for making a guy like that wealthy?

Whoever says they are not going to be jet fans now because of Vick is a clown and don't deserve to root for the jets.. See ya!!!  who cares... I sat through 30 years of heartache and never gave up on the jets.. that's the kids today.. there not real fans.. there so quick to jump off a team because they don't like the players. I was horrified and cursed everything about the lack of free agency signings.. but what can you do?  Cant wait until the jets start 3-0 and then the same clowns will be back... GFY and leave then..

Is it okay to fight roosters?

Is it okay to fish for recreation if you don't eat it (just puncture it's lip and deprive it of oxygen before returning it)?

Is it okay to kill bulls?

Is it okay to strap a horses nuts with a leather strap and ride it for 8 seconds?

Is it okay to cage a wild animal?

Is it okay to litter on the beach?

Is it okay to kill a mouse?

Is it okay pull the plug on a human?

Is it okay to slaughter farm animals for food?

Is it okay to genetically engineer animals for consumption?

Is it okay to take monkeys into space?

I don't know. I believe in what I believe, and when it comes to football I root for my favorite team to win. Sports is a release from all the sh*t that's wrong in the world. The southern states where dog fighting is the norm has plenty of other issues to deal with, including people killing, and race stuff. I can't relate to a lot of it. But this guy has been back in the league for 6 years. The crimes he committed occurred in 2006; EIGHT years ago. I'm going to judge him on his utility to this team while he's here, and hope the Jets can improve from .500 this year.

Good post. People make mistakes, seems like he's on the straight and narrow. Good for him. It's hard for people to turn it around.

Enjoy Cheering for this guy:

The report shows that after failing an FBI polygraph test in October 2007 the former Atlanta Falcon quarterback recanted his denial and admitted taking part in the hanging of dogs from a nylon cord nailed to a tree and drowning others in a five gallon bucket of water.

Twice Vick put family pets into the fighting ring with pit bulls because he “thought it was funny to watch the pit bulls. . . injure or kill the other dogs.” Vick also admitted watching his friends hang, shoot and electrocute pit bulls.

goodbye Jets, it hurts to say this, but goodbye.  Izdik stabbed me in the back

WAVES GOODBYE

Good post. People make mistakes, seems like he's on the straight and narrow. Good for him. It's hard for people to turn it around.

this is what mike vick did......

"As that dog lay on the ground fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground, until at last, the little red dog was dead".

sorry thats not just a mistake....that purely ******* evil

+1

Always be a Jets fan. By the time opening day comes, I'll be just as passionate as ever. But I cannot stand this move. I now have a lot more motivation to root for Geno.

I feel the exact same way... I will never give up being a jets fan, because true fans can't. This move does strike a cord with me though, I love dogs and have grown up with them and I will never fully be able to respect Vick. All true jets fans can do now is hope Geno really does excel in his second year.

Root for the badge on the front. Not the name on the back. 

What awful fans.

Take it easy.  The Jets don't decide what peoples' moral compasses should be, based on what the team's is.  My loyalty as a fan means I have to have the same - in my opinion, low - morals that the team's leadership has?

You feel differently, fine.  Feel differently.  It's a legitimate to despise Michael Vick.  What he did was evil.

this is what mike vick did......

"As that dog lay on the ground fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground, until at last, the little red dog was dead".

sorry thats not just a mistake....that purely ******* evil

That's ******* demented.

One of the more interesting posts made in all this hysteria was made by Greenseed 4

"Geno wore #12 in college

Vick wore #7 at VT (and the Falcons, and the Eagles)

By default it is customary for the current holder of the number to decide whether or not to "sell" his number to the new-comer.  Joe Namath wore the #12, and it has been retired, so out of respect for Mike Vick, Geno chose the #7.  Whether or not he releases the number to the man who encouraged him to wear it will come down to them. "

I'm reading a lot of posters saying that now they are going to root for Smith all the more to beat out the POS Vick.  Some are hoping that Vick suffers a devastating injury so Smith can start. 

Smith chose #7 because he admires Mike Vick.  Vick is probably his hero.  He chose #7 after Vick had been to prison for dog fighting .

Doesn't anyone find it just a tad hypocritical to be rooting for Smith in view of who his role model is?  Just wondering

Archived